Center Field/Leadoff

Lefty

We don't have one, and please don't tell me Aguila. Who are we going to trade for? As some people have mentioned, Gathright would be a nice little addition. Maybe we could package Ryan Harvey or something (just throwing out ideas) to get him. I really don't like the idea of not having a true leadoff hitter heading into the season.

Obviously there is a lot of time left, so we'll wait and see.

Guest FlummoxedLummox

there is a lot more we don't have... forget worrying about competiting next season.. in my mind, im pretending baseball is going on strike for a couple years.. at least till I see if they get a new stadium.. if they dont and get relocated, baseball will be extinct to me :) -One Happy Marlin Fan

So you expect them to get a stadium without fan support? If you want the Marlins to stay, support them, don't take a hiatus. We as fans need to take some accountability. If everyone pretended "baseball is going on strike for a couple years" then no one would show up to any games. All the people involved in trying to get a new stadium would take that to mean that there is no fanbase, and no reason to build a stadium here. Then baseball would be extinct.

I keep seeing Gathright's name mentioned in conjunction with the Marlins. It seems very realistic. Let's hope that happens.

I agree.. He seems like a great fit. While he might not be the best CF around, I think he'd be exciting to see at the top our lineup finally given the chance to start:

CF Gathright

C Willy

3B Cabrera

1B Jacobs

RF Hermida

LF Niner

SS Hanley

2B ???

What about Scott Hairston? He's fallen from grace a little bit.. maybe we could acquire him for a mid-level pitching prospect?

I keep seeing Gathright's name mentioned in conjunction with the Marlins. It seems very realistic. Let's hope that happens.

I agree.. He seems like a great fit. While he might not be the best CF around, I think he'd be exciting to see at the top our lineup finally given the chance to start:

CF Gathright

C Willy

3B Cabrera

1B Jacobs

RF Hermida

LF Niner

SS Hanley

2B ???

What about Scott Hairston? He's fallen from grace a little bit.. maybe we could acquire him for a mid-level pitching prospect?

The only problem with Hairston is he's awful defensively. I think he'd hit given proper ABs.

This is kinda off topic but.. We should have a contest for "Marlins lineup" "Marlins starting rotation" and see who guesses it right. Maybe Admin could give a free VIP for 1 month. Something fun I guess. If we do start this and maybe keep the contest open until about one or two weeks into the ST season just so we can see what the players have. :thumbup

Good Idea?