Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

PTI: Marlins Over/Under 60 games?

Featured Replies

Tony Kornheiser- under

Dan Le Batard- over

 

silly stuff but I figured I would post it

I hear even after ALL the trades/etc that Bodog.com has the Marlins 45-1 to wind the Series....and the Orioles at 60-1......both are ridiculous.....Fish should be 150-1 to wint the Series and the O's maybe 75-1 :mischief2

 

75 win team?????

They won 83 games last year with a starting rotation and a catcher!

75 win team?????

They won 83 games last year with a starting rotation and a catcher!

 

 

But without a third-baseman (Lowell stunk up the place) a short-stop, middle relief or any pitching of consistent quality outside of Beckett and Willis.

 

Honestly, a bunch of kids giving a crap can't do much worse than we did last year. The only place we're going to be hurt is the bullpen, other than that I don't think we're a historically bad team, just a young team that will be much better in September than it was in April.

Next season will be more fun than last season... I can just about guarantee that. Or I guess should say, 'in my opinion'. Last season was just awful.

Are we doing our win predictions now? If so, I've got them penciled in at 64.

 

 

We should wait until we have completed our roster. :lol

If you guys think they will win over 70 games this year with all the young guys then why all the general pessimism? That's mighty good for a team this young, and there is no reason to not go watch the games.

 

 

I would say we don't win more than 60. I'll still watch the games, but losing over 100 at this point is realistic IMO.

I don't think there's any doubt we drop 100 games, but I seem to be in the minority. I see somewhere around 50-55 wins. If forced to predict, I'll go with 52.

I didn't think there was any doubt Mabdul was going to say we were going to lose 100

60 games !?! I hope that's the under/over in Vegas - barring Dontrelle blowing out his arm and Cabrera going insane, that's easy money

The marlins will win 65-70 games , it is good to stay positive but how many teams with 6-7 rookie position players , and between 3-4 rookie starting pitchers have finished at 500, not too mention a bullpen of rookies

We're going to be just below 60 wins this season, something like 58 wins total, barring divine intervention.

I believe we will win over 60 games. We have tons of talent on this team... but it is going to take about 2 months for it to show :)

70 wins would have been more interesting.

 

I think they're a 75 win team.

 

 

if you think this team can win 70+ games then you need to get your head checked :whistle

 

1-no proven players beside willis and cabrera

2-no proven or rookie manager

3-no bullpen

4-no real catcher*no hating on willy but his defense stinks nomatter how u slice it*

5-jacobs at 1st base with no backup vs LHP?conine comes to mind perhaps julio franco,he just signed

6- injuries

7-bunch of good talented minor league players who always dont pan out and the list goes on

 

yeah you are going to say they are young and are eager to play in the majors but take in to account that as rookie as they are,they'll make alot of mistakes trying to do too much

 

and last but not least we play within our division arond 72-76 times and all of these teams have improved in the offseason

 

over 100 loses is more real

Ok heres the possible lineup next year

1.Reed's seem to have the best chance since we have NO more hitting prospects above AA

2.Hermida

3.Cabs

4.Jacobs

5.Willingham

6.Hanley

7.Andino(2B) why not who else can play it

8.LF IDK

Pitching Rotation

1.Dontrelle Willis

2. Jason Vargas

3.Scott Olsen

4. Josh Johnson

5. Nic Ungs/Brian Moehler????

Bullpen

Closer Chris Resop/Scott Boyer

Setup see above

7th inning Randy Messenger

This team is just not good enough remember we HAVE to play the Mets, braves, Phillies and Nats 19 times a year thats 76 games against teams that are either slightly or much better at this point so lets say we win 35 of those which is way to high we still are 5 games out of .500 with 80 sum more games to go Im hoping that they can avoid 100 losses past that I really dont know

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.