Key For Fish vs 3 Games Home Series Bos

Key for Fish: Make sure to have the lead in the 8th before you face that 0.48 ERA "thing" in the 9th.

Key for Girardi: Don't show the Marlins ESPN tonight, ESPN are talking about how BOS murder the best NL team and their 12 games winning streak with a team BA of .334 and 7.5 avg runs per game during that span, etc...

Key for Fish: Make sure to have the lead in the 8th before you face that 0.48 ERA "thing" in the 9th.

Key for Girardi: Don't show the Marlins ESPN tonight, ESPN are talking about how BOS murder the best NL team and their 12 games winning streak with a team BA of .334 and 7.5 avg runs per game during that span, etc...

wow. we need to keep the greek god of walks (kevin youkilis) off base...we can't have runners on base with manny and ortiz batting. yep, we need to stay away from papelbon...i'll be happy to take 1 out of 3 in this series..it'll be tough

The key is to just come in focused and ready to play. The rest should all fall in place. The Red Sox is just another team that we'll take the series from. Boston is coming in thinking they're just going to beat us easy since were a young inexperienced team. Well, not if the Uggla stick can help it!!

Key: Pitching, pitching, pitching. The Sox like work up pitchcounts like no other. If the young guys stay confident in their stuff and throw strikes, they should do well. Walks will kill them dead.

They also have to take the same approach to working the Sox starters. The sooner you get them out, the more likely you'll see the scrubs (who are all extremely hittable -- even Timlin). If they see Papelbon and the Sox have a lead, they're probably screwed.

I called the Yankee series exactly as is it happened and I'll predict the Sox series the same way:

Marlins have the game one advantage, Sox have the game two advantage, and the third is a tossup. Have the kids seen Lester? I don't know if they play in the same division, but many of the kids were in AA last year and may have seen him (unless they were in a different league, which I'm not sure of).

wow. we need to keep the greek god of walks (kevin youkilis) off base...we can't have runners on base with manny and ortiz batting. yep, we need to stay away from papelbon...i'll be happy to take 1 out of 3 in this series..it'll be tough

im not entirely sure how much we would see Youk in this series...i mean if he plays first, Ortiz is on the bench, if he's at third, Lowell is on the bench, if he's in left, manny is on the bench...if anything i might expect to see him tonight in right field but that is no guarentee...and like someone else said...Our pitchers, especially brian moehler are going to have to pitch inside and jam these guys...id look for alot of strikeouts from the sox in this series as they are a homerun hitting team and will be looking to jack one at every chance they get...so keep the ball low and keep Loretta off base too, he has been scoring a ton of runs hitting in front of ortiz and manny...oh yeah...and have fun boys...you are playing a team that is expecting to murder ours...so lets get our slingshots out and see what Goliath is made of :thumbup

I have a question about PPS and Fenway. Is PPS that much bigger than Fenway? Could a homer there be a fly ball here?

Oh yea! Most def. Alex is hitting BOMBS in fenway Holly... It will be a routine fly here in dolphin stadium. However, Manny and Ortiz dont hit little dinkers like A-gon.. They hit Bombs and are homeruns in any park...

I have a question about PPS and Fenway. Is PPS that much bigger than Fenway? Could a homer there be a fly ball here?

move left field from DS in 20 feet and waise the teal tower up 10 feet and you have the equivalent of the teal monster...but id like to point out that Ortiz takes advantage of the pesky pole and hits 320 ft homers in fenway too...as i said...the red sox are goin to try to mash the ball out, keep the ball inside to their hitters and let them pop out :thumbup

The key for the fish: Play small ball and force them to play defense. They are bound to make one error. As for pitching keep them at 2-3 runs or a quality start. And always remember that they have to lose sometime.

Don't forget they are leading MLB in FPCT with a .992. Marines are in second with .988. No wonder since they are in a 16 games streak without an error comitted. We can thanks Lowell and Gonzalez for that. We can hope Ortiz can break that streak though. :confused

Oh yea! Most def. Alex is hitting BOMBS in fenway Holly... It will be a routine fly here in dolphin stadium. However, Manny and Ortiz dont hit little dinkers like A-gon.. They hit Bombs and are homeruns in any park...

Not true.

HR #1: 405 feet to left, would not be an out in DS

HR #2: 417 feet to center, would be an out in DS

HR #3: 404 feet to left, would not be an out in DS

HR #4: 397 feet to left, would not be an out in DS

HR #5: 367 feet to left, would not be an out in DS

The one that would be out in DS would not be 'routine'.

move left field from DS in 20 feet and waise the teal tower up 10 feet and you have the equivalent of the teal monster...but id like to point out that Ortiz takes advantage of the pesky pole and hits 320 ft homers in fenway too...as i said...the red sox are goin to try to mash the ball out, keep the ball inside to their hitters and let them pop out :thumbup

He only has one home run this year near Pesky Pole. It was 345 feet to the right corner, exactly what the right corner of Dolphin Stadium is. (Link)

Not true.

HR #1: 405 feet to left, would not be an out in DS

HR #2: 417 feet to center, would be an out in DS

HR #3: 404 feet to left, would not be an out in DS

HR #4: 397 feet to left, would not be an out in DS

HR #5: 367 feet to left, would not be an out in DS

The one that would be out in DS would not be 'routine'.

He only has one home run this year near Pesky Pole. It was 345 feet to the right corner, exactly what the right corner of Dolphin Stadium is. (Link)

i was talking more about his career at fenway than this year as far as homers near pesky pole...but whatever, he is a good player and the marlins have to play smart in this series to even have a shot of winning 1 game, nevermind 2