The Future is Bright in Kansas City

Hanleylicious

2004 and 2005 first round picks respectively...

20 year old Billy Butler (AA Wichita)

.331 BA

119 Games

158 hits

82 runs

15 HR

96 RBI

.388 OBP

22 year old Alex Gordon (AA Wichita)

.320 BA

115 Games

101 Runs

137 hits

25 HR

83 RBI

21 SB

.422 OBP

One of, if not the best, 1-2 punch of top offensive prospects in the minors, not to mention they're progressing extremely well for their age.

Now they need to go out and draft/acquire some top-tier pitching :whistle

2 spects aren't going to turn that mess around but its a start........

Maier, Lubanski, Gordon, Butler, Teahen(up), Shealy(up), Huber, Bianchi

Ive been saying this alot lately, but they are gonna be real fun to watch very soon

I still think the future in KC is pretty bleak. They obviously have the worst talent in MLB, and I wouldn't rate the minor league system in the top 5. Dodgers, Angels, DBacks, Rays,Rockies and Tigers all have better minor league systems IMO.

Dayton Moore still has a alot of work to do in KC before they can think of becoming mediocre again.

Shealy, Teahen, Gordon, Butler could be potentially deadly in the middle of the lineup, and it may not be too far off either. Not to mention guys like Huber and Lubanski, like Ramp eluded to, who are progressing really nicely through the system.

That whole team is full of offensive sleepers, IMO, particularly Teahen and Brown. Getting some decent pitching though is an absolute must if they want to have any chance of fielding a competitive team.

I could definitely see the Royals farm system becoming top 5 as soon as maybe next season. With the seasons that Butler and Gordon are having. Not to mention the acquisition of Ryan Shealy and also the up and coming guys like Jeff Bianchi that I don't think was listed on this years pre-season system rankings.

Again though, they need to go out and get some decent pitching. But the offense has the projectability to be as potent as just about any other team.

Ive been saying this alot lately, but they are gonna be real fun to watch very soon

I still think the future in KC is pretty bleak. They obviously have the worst talent in MLB, and I wouldn't rate the minor league system in the top 5. Dodgers, Angels, DBacks, Rays,Rockies and Tigers all have better minor league systems IMO.

Dayton Moore still has a alot of work to do in KC before they can think of becoming mediocre again.

while their system isnt top 5, their 1-2 punch of Gordon and Butler is topped by no one

while their system isnt top 5, their 1-2 punch of Gordon and Butler is topped by no one

How about Brandon Wood and Howie Kendrick ?

It's pretty hard to compare someone like Kendrick, who is already in the Major Leagues, to guys like Butler and Gordon, who may be just as good or better potentially, but aren't as progressed a player yet as Howie Kendrick is.

However, with that being said, Gordon, Butler and Wood who are all in AA, not to mention the same league, would make for a better comparison in it's own right. Not to take anything away from Brandon Wood, but Butler and Gordon are putting up superior numbers in most major offensive categories.

Im sure KC will find a way to screw things up, they always do

Former KC Prospects:

David Cone

Flash Gordon

Johnny Damon

Mike Sweeney

Carlos Beltran

Some guy named - uh - Jeff Conine?

good thing because with each passing year i thought that the seasons where the royals were very good and respected were nothing but myths.....

I'll have you know that the Royals have won their division as recently as 1985! [oh - wait - point taken...]

Guest FishFanInPA

shame KC has no chance in that division especially if the Twins can keep Liriano, Santana and Garza performs to potential and the White Sox and Tigers keep it up.

Former KC Prospects:

David Cone

Flash Gordon

Johnny Damon

Mike Sweeney

Carlos Beltran

good thing because with each passing year i thought that the seasons where the royals were very good and respected were nothing but myths.....

I'll have you know that the Royals have won their division as recently as 1985! [oh - wait - point taken...]

jermaine dye........as well

Former KC Prospects:

David Cone

Flash Gordon

Johnny Damon

Mike Sweeney

Carlos Beltran

jermaine dye........as well

I think Dye was an Atlanta prospect first