Marlins Uniforms

Is it just me, or has anybody noticed that the shift of the Marlins choice of game day uniforms to the more clean all-white pinstripe (home) and all grays (road) on a daily basis. I?m sure that has something to do with Girardi?s Yankee influence (the one team that doesn?t have several different uniforms), and that the team has mostly kids, not veterans who like to decide what uniforms to wear, however horrible they may look. Seeing that clean white pinstripe look (pick any team, Chisox, Phillies, etc.) just looks right.

The reason I bring it up is that personally, I hate the black top unis. Hated them from day one with a passion. Makes the team look like a barnstorming club from the 1950?s or something, and the version they use is so cheap looking like they bought it at Wal-Mart. At least the Spring Training black tops ones with silver piping have some decency to them, and I don?t like them either.

Now if they would bring back the teal caps with the black lids once in a while (the greatest cap ever), I would be happy. The all teal cap however, was just dreadful looking. Yes, I know it's on the webpage header. It?s sad that the Marlins don?t have much of a nostalgia following otherwise one would be able to buy those online someplace like the 1975 Red Sox, etc. My early 1990?s issue teal/black cap hasn?t fit me in years and I would very like to replace it.

What is you preference on uniform set-ups? And yes, if you like the black tops, feel free to blast away.

Edit: I created a poll to go with this post but it didn't work. Option #5 was "Bring back the Sleeveless Jerseys"

Scott Olsen noticed MaXx's sleeveless jersey the other day at Photo Day and he was saying that he would love to pitch in that and the Fish have to bring those back. He even told some FO guy that he wanted to bring those back. He was too funny. :lol

I love the all teal caps. I think I still have my old one somewhere.

I really don't like the post-2002 uniforms other than the black top.

The new grey away jersey is nothing compared to the old one and the new home jersey isn't as good without the teal pinstripes.

At least they got rid of that HIDEOUS Sunday alternate jersey from 2003 and 2004.

I kind of liked the '03 and '04 alternate with the big ass F logo.

The new grey away jersey is nothing compared to the old one and the new home jersey isn't as good without the teal pinstripes.

At least they got rid of that HIDEOUS Sunday alternate jersey from 2003 and 2004.

I like that one too. I wish they would bring that jersey back.

I liked the big F logo alternates as well.

And doesn't the starting pitcher pick what uniform is worn?

I third the approval of the Sunday alternate.

Starting pitcher picks the road jersey, home is on a Sunday-Thursday: White; Friday-Saturday: Black schedule...of course, post-season is a day-by-day basis as we saw in '03.

I'm a big fan of the black one, too.

Guest CrimsonCane

I may be in the minority, but I'm a fan of alternating between the white pinstripe and grey jerseys. It gives us the same look as the older, historic clubs (Yankees, Dodgers, Red Sox, Giants, Cardinals, Tigers). I'm also a fan of the all black hats.

:notworthy :thumbup

well...I love the black caps and black jerseys...I liked the '03/'04 Sunday Alternate ALOT because the Marlins cap logo is my favorite logo ever, I think it should be displayed more...as far as teal...I do think the Marlins should use it more...but NOT on the caps...its sooo not intimidating, its so Little League...I wouldnt mind the all teal BP jerseys with the black text...but Im not a fan of the teal pinstripes nor the sleeveless jerseys...I think should be used more, but it shouldnt be so prominent cause its not tough...

QUOTE(Hollyberry @ Aug 28 2006, 2:26 PM)

Bring back the teal. I love the teal jerseys with the holes in them. I am not sure what they are called. I'll try to find a pic.

You mean mesh?

Well, we do have a small budget....

I like the black jerseys...but especially whichever jeresys we have worn for the past 7 games I'm ok with!

I believe that when we won games in the blacks, you;d see monday or tuesday home games in the blacks too. I do like having the option of the alternate, but lets face it,

WHOSE IDEA WAS IT TO MAKE A TEAM OUT OF FLORIDA HAVE ITS MAIN COLOR AS BLACK!?!? Seriously, if we had the teal hats and teal jerseys again, I'd sweat half as much!

What I wouldn't give for us to wear the white pinstripe vest with the black t-shirt again. It looked so sweet.

Also, if you think the all-teal hat looks good, you're crazy. It's hideous and looks extremely dated. I think most people like it for simple nostalgia factor.