Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Herald on Fish today

Featured Replies

I think Willy and Hermida have greater potential in the leadoff spot. And who knows who the next CF will be?

 

 

 

 

Juan Pierre? (not my own choice but a good reason at least why he would moved back to 2-3)

 

PLEASE GOD NO

 

he hit .292 this year, and can definitely cover the ground at DS... just sayin.

Yeah...how was his OBP?

 

.023 less than Hanley's was this year... but he was, according to many, having an off year... and i think the defense makes up for it. and bringing him back with dontrelle would be nice. those guys love each other.

I think Willy and Hermida have greater potential in the leadoff spot. And who knows who the next CF will be?

 

 

 

 

Juan Pierre? (not my own choice but a good reason at least why he would moved back to 2-3)

 

PLEASE GOD NO

 

he hit .292 this year, and can definitely cover the ground at DS... just sayin.

Yeah...how was his OBP?

 

.023 less than Hanley's was this year... but he was, according to many, having an off year... and i think the defense makes up for it. and bringing him back with dontrelle would be nice. those guys love each other.

Didnt he lead the league in hits? Good news I always wanted to see hanley in the middle of the lineup, Herminda or like someone else said crawford can lead off :notworthy

Im already liking Fredi's ideas. From this season is appears Shadez will grow into some kinda power hitter (especially from SS)...all those doubles, triples, and homers belong in the middle of the order. Hermida could be able to leadoff if he stays healthy and has a rebound year. He certainly projects as a 400+ OBP guy and flashed decent speed with excellent base instincts in the minors. Uggla will probably hit 2nd again as long as he avoids the sophmore slump. So...CF or Hermida for leadoff next season?

.023 is a lot my friend.

 

And I don't even think that Hanley is the ideal leadoff hitter.

 

 

i'd be willing to take the risk of bringing him back. he didn't have an AWFUL year last year... it wasn't great, but it wasn't too bad. i think he's gonna go back to the juan we all know and love... especially if we bring him back.

.023 is a lot my friend.

 

And I don't even think that Hanley is the ideal leadoff hitter.

 

 

i'd be willing to take the risk of bringing him back. he didn't have an AWFUL year last year... it wasn't great, but it wasn't too bad. i think he's gonna go back to the juan we all know and love... especially if we bring him back.

He'll cost too much most likely. If he hadnt rebounded at the end of last year I'd take a gamble for 1-yr 2M.

Juan Pierre? (not my own choice but a good reason at least why he would moved back to 2-3)

 

PLEASE GOD NO

 

Don't mind him. Just another "every former Marlin should be considered" man.

The whole lineup will be determined by who we get in centerfield. If we get a proven leadoff type guy, Hanley will probably hit second or third. Cabrera would hit third or fourth, Uggla would hit third or fifth, and Willingham would hit fifth or sixth. Basically it would move everybody into their natural spot in the order...

 

This is what I would use...

 

1. CF

2. Hermida

3. Ramirez

4. Cabrera

5. Uggla

6. Willingham

7. Jacobs/Helms

8. Olivo

I dont see Cabrera hitting anywhere but 3rd for the majority of the time

 

 

I don't see why... We don't have a real cleanup hitter except for him, and we have about three or four guys that can handle hitting third. Makes more sense to me...

Your best overall hitter goes third because he hits directly behind (in theory) your 2 best on base guys and as a bonus gets more plate appearances over a season than a "cleanup hitter." Batting 3rd is the new cleanup.

i'd put hanley in the 5 hole and get some left handed bat to hit in the cleanup spot.

 

 

lineup as follows

 

cf (most likely)

uggla

cabrera

lefty (jacobs or someone at first or left)

hanley

willingham

hermida

olivo

 

 

No way you take that many AB's away from Hanley over the course of a season. Switch him and Uggla if you want, but Hanley should not drop below 3rd.

It is still way too early for me put together lineups not knowing what the Marlins are going to do as far as the OF situation goes. No matter what happens, I'd like to see the Marlins try out a lineup with the top of the order looking like this:

 

1) Jeremy Hermida RF

2) Hanley Ramirez SS

3) Miguel Cabrera 3B

 

4-8 is still up in the air.

Just from what Fredi said somewhere today my sense (and I could have read him wrong) was Cabrera was going to move into the four hole and everyone else around him.

Just from what Fredi said somewhere today my sense (and I could have read him wrong) was Cabrera was going to move into the four hole and everyone else around him.

 

 

I got that feeling too. Now whether or not I agree with it is a different story...

I don't know what the problem is with Hanley leading off. He did a terrific job of it this season. I know he also has the bat to drive in runs further down the order, but no one else has the speed he does. Certainly he's not going to be stealing 50 bases anywhere else in the order, nor is any other starter on the roster capable of stealing many bases. And I realize he doesn't walk as much as you'd like from a leadoff hitter, but he still had a pretty good .obp this season and that was as a rookie. One would hope walk numbers would improve a bit as he matures.

 

Not that it would bother me wherever he hits, just don't see what's the big push for it...

I don't know what the problem is with Hanley leading off. He did a terrific job of it this season. I know he also has the bat to drive in runs further down the order, but no one else has the speed he does. Certainly he's not going to be stealing 50 bases anywhere else in the order, nor is any other starter on the roster capable of stealing many bases.

 

Not that it would bother me, just don't see what's the big push for it...

 

 

That, and I still believe he and Reyes are clones of one another and Reyes did just fine batting leadoff and driving in runs.

I don't know but it seems to me when Cabrera hit fourth with Hanley, Uggla and Jacobs in front of him, we were our most productive. Certainly Jacobs profited by it. If Jacobs hadn't become a walking wounded I think he probably would have stayed there.

 

From my perspective the problem is getting someone to hit BEHIND Cabrera not who hits in front.

I don't know but it seems to me when Cabrera hit fourth with Hanley, Uggla and Jacobs in front of him, we were our most productive. Certainly Jacobs profited by it. If Jacobs hadn't become a walking wounded I think he probably would have stayed there.

 

From my perspective the problem is getting someone to hit BEHIND Cabrera not who hits in front.

 

 

 

:thumbup

 

 

 

You are correct sir!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.