April 6, 200818 yr We've been outscored 19-31 but we're 2-0 in 1 run games! :thumbup 14 of those 19 runs coming via the home run, so I would imagine we're in the top 5 in the league, if not the majors.
April 6, 200818 yr We've been outscored 19-31 but we're 2-0 in 1 run games! :thumbup 14 of those 19 runs coming via the home run, so I would imagine we're in the top 5 in the league, if not the majors. 5 of those runs coming from 2 swings of Mike Jacob's bat.
April 6, 200818 yr We've been outscored 19-31 but we're 2-0 in 1 run games! :thumbup 14 of those 19 runs coming via the home run, so I would imagine we're in the top 5 in the league, if not the majors. 5 of those runs coming from 2 swings of Mike Jacob's bat. Lets not forget that 13 of those 31 belong to the Mets in one game.
April 6, 200818 yr Lol this is a ridiculous thread but you have to soak it up while it lasts, I would be genuinely excited if the the Marlins finished 4th.
April 6, 200818 yr i bet we lead in home run or top 5 in home run 2nd in the NL, 3rd in the majors. DBacks 10 Whitesox 9 Marlins 8
April 8, 200818 yr This is nice. if we can stay anywhere close to 500 once we get some SP back from the DL, I dare not even imagine what might happen. I only worry about our bullpen. If they continue to be worked at this rate, I hope they rotate in some fresh arms to give them some rest before anyone gets hurt.
April 8, 200818 yr we might stay in second or thrid place because brave are playing soso mets have cool off wash too phi is not playing strong now it even NL east for now untill mets,phy get hot
April 8, 200818 yr Alright.. We're still holding strong to first place after the Mets dropped game one of three to the Phils today. We still have the Braves playing against the Rockies. Come on, ROX! Let's take game two!
April 8, 200818 yr Just goes to show you how key it is to win close games. I'm psyched for the club but cautiously optimisitic. If we're leading the division after 20 games then I will be a believer. I layed $ down on the over (69.5) for the Marlins win total prior to the season so Im loving this so far.
April 9, 200818 yr Not that I think it will happen, but it would HILARIOUS if this was the team to give the Marlins their 1st division title...especially after all the crap that's been said about them, by the naysayers. It would be the best story yet. ...but it's still very early. I'm just enjoying the team right now. Seems like they're playing with more leadership and chemistry this year, as opposed to last year, imo. :thumbup
April 9, 200818 yr its a great time to be a marlins fan...and no matter what happens this year...ill still be able to say that
April 10, 200818 yr Something just seems unbelievably awesome about being 1.5 games in front of the Mets. It may be in April, but it's still nice.
April 10, 200818 yr houston series will tell us how good we are . we donot play well in houston in past
April 10, 200818 yr houston series will tell us how good we are . we donot play well in houston in past The Houston series won't say crap, really. They aren't playing well.
April 10, 200818 yr houston series will tell us how good we are . we donot play well in houston in past The Houston series won't say crap, really. They aren't playing well. It won't matter to me. Any padding we can give our lead now will help down the road because the Mets, Phillies, Braves, and even probably the Nats will turn it around.
April 10, 200818 yr Don't you love it when ESPN mentions how Ironic it is the Orioles and Royals are leading their division after being miserable last year and being the favorite to finish last in the standings- then they splash on the screen the records and division rankings. Don't you think some credit should be given to the Marlins- here for the long term or short term; they are competing and are pretty entertainign to watch. Atleast you know by the 3rd inning if they are going to lose, its 7-0. Saves me time, Its pretty considerate of them.
April 10, 200818 yr Yes it is still early, but its nice to see the team leading the division even with such horrible rotation problems. I can't wait till it's healthy!
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.