Another Minor League Pitcher Coming Up.

After the game, Gonzalez said De La Cruz would be sent back to Triple-A Albuquerque on Monday, and another pitcher would be brought up.

(source: floridamarlinsdotcom)

Makes sense, we might need an extra arm for the next few days since we used many a pitcher today. Any ideas on whom it may be?

I have the feeling it's gonna be Hurk

He's on the DL

I wouldn't be surprised that it might be one of the older relievers who have been doing very well in Albuquerque this season. After today (and maybe I'm off-base) it's the bullpen that could use some shoring up for a day or three.

Rather than start the clock running on one of the kids I'm thinking Joe Nelson (11 saves, 2.10 ERA, 36SO in 25 innings) or Randy Williams (.63 ERA, 20 SO in 14 innings).

Nelson made the team out of spring training until the FO decided to keep their fifth starter with the team rather than carrying an extra bullpen guy.

Well Wolf has barely pitched, Barone has been shlacked, Keppel shlacked, Gaby picthed tonight and needs some more outings since coming back from the DL, Seddon may be an option. He's pitched pretty well for PCL standards and he last picthed on May 22. If its going to be a reliever it has absolutely got to be Nelson. IDK if there is some sort of option problem but I'd switch Nelson with Ross on the 40 man roster at this point.

Why didn't Badenhop start one of the games this weekend? I didn't get the memo...

Because he was fully warmed up for Saturday's game before it was rained out. They didn't want to risk his arm considering he would have been way out of routine, though apparently he was ready if the game went to extra innings in the 2nd game of the doubleheader. He'll probably pitch an inning or so tonight out of the pen and then get a start later in the week.

Rather than start the clock running on one of the kids I'm thinking Joe Nelson (11 saves, 2.10 ERA, 36SO in 25 innings) or Randy Williams (.63 ERA, 20 SO in 14 innings).

Nelson made the team out of spring training until the FO decided to keep their fifth starter with the team rather than carrying an extra bullpen guy.

We are on the same page again. I really liked what I saw from Nelson in ST. But if they went with a starter for the pen then Ryan Tucker looks to be an option.