ESPN and Tim Kurkjian: Marlins cannot win the NL East

Just on Sportscenter, it'll be on again later. Said our defense is terrible, but did give a shoutout to JJ and Anibal at least.

I liked it better when they didn't even mention us... now they're going out of their way to doubt us. Oh well, bulletin board material for our guys.

EDIT: Especially funny that they aired that segment immediately after they showed the NL East teams' games, and us picking up another game on the Mets.

You probably won't hear anything about it until its so obvious that we just beat the national media over the head with it, but we have the best starting pitching by far in our division now, and arguably the best staff 1-5 in the National League. And I'm pretty sure its agreed that starting pitching is the #1 ingredient to winning ballgames.

Hmm, Kurkjian just said not to count us out on BT.

Yeah I saw that, but he spent a lot more time praising our pitching in that segment.

Then again, Sportscenter is more about entertainment, and making a bold statement like "This team WILL NOT win" is more eye-catching.

yea it's like "Welcome to sports center, today we are going to be talking about.....BRETT FARVE(spelling) the whole time"

Honestly, who cares what anyone says? Good OR bad.

Everyone has an opinion.

If we didn't care at all about anyones opinions, why would we bother spending time on a message board posting our opinions? :p

Yeah, but some people really seem to let the negative get to them.

You guys know that a lot of the stuff on those shows is scripted, right?

They say whatever they feel is convenient for the show.

And for what it's worth...Kurkjian said what any other analyst would say. We do have horrid defense; usually that doesn't translate to our record. Just so happens we are the exception to the rule b/c we overcome them with HR's (which he also mentioned we lead the league in HR's, btw).

You guys know that a lot of the stuff on those shows is scripted, right?

They say whatever they feel is convenient for the show.

And for what it's worth...Kurkjian said what any other analyst would say. We do have horrid defense; usually that doesn't translate to our record. Just so happens we are the exception to the rule b/c we overcome them with HR's (which he also mentioned we lead the league in HR's, btw).

Actually Erick, we are now second in MLB in HRs. One behind the Phillies, who are on an absolute scoring tear right now, and one better than the White Sox. We are also 24th in BA, which should be obvious with the most Ks in MLB, and in last place with our errors. If I was a stat guy I would be thinking we would probably make history to make the playoffs with those numbers. But it is going to make the last 2 months real fun to watch.