Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

8/26 Post Game

Featured Replies

I don't know how you can blame anyone but Hanley.

 

That is if you want to blame anyone. Gregg throws strikes, doesn't get the call. Ditto other pitchers. Busted bat bloopers. Let's make Cody the fallguy, he didn't carry his weight tonight (j/k).

 

They'll be lots of reasons why we lost, it all comes down to Hanley not turning a simple double play.

I agree with everything that has been said, but I prepare myself mentally for a loss when I see Gregg enter. I just assume he will blow it and/or the defense will blow it for him. Don't forget about Cody Ross' brain fart as well. Just disgusting baseball, but no one should be surprised. It's happened all year and it will continue to happen. I can see Fredi's message being something like 'it's just one of those days'. I love his quotes, no passion. Please bring up some minor leaguers, little leaguers, whoever it takes to field a ball and have the ability to get it out of their glove.

A monumental collapse, and though I wish I could say this has been the worst loss this season, it ain't true. Just about every loss this month has been this way, horrid and painful. Can we find anymore ways to lose?

I pick Hanley.

 

Saved the game in the 8th, came back and gives up two hits in the 9th. He then struckout Francouer, but the ump said no. Which of course means Francouer gets an RBI. Double. Another hit and an intentional walk load the bases. Kevin Gregg then does his job, gets the ground ball to 2nd, tailor made DP ball, but Hanley says no.

 

It wouldn't have been Kevin Gregg's best save ever, but he did his job. Hanley didn't.

 

He did his job? Are you serious? He allowed 4 runs! How the hell is it possible that he did his job while allowing 4 RUNS! Yea Hanley f***ed up but it wasnt his fault we were in this predicament.

i dont wanna see its over, but ive been far to optimistic. If we dont go to the playoffs, ill be looking at this day. WE dont even deserve to go. GOd, i cant wait till 2009

How did Dan Uggla not make the poll?

I mean...c'mon...how idiotic was that? Who covers 2nd, in that situation? That was the dumbest sh*t I've ever seen, in a baseball game. Did Dan Uggla really do that? It was so stupid even Tommy Hutton mentioned it, after the game.

 

Did these guys ever get past Little League?

You know...don't walk the leadoff hitter when you have a big lead. Get the ball out of your f***ing glove! Don't cover 2B when that run doesn't f***ing matter! Oh...and just so you know I didn't forget...DON'T STEAL 2ND, when you're 2 runs down in the 9th!

 

UGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I pick Hanley.

 

Saved the game in the 8th, came back and gives up two hits in the 9th. He then struckout Francouer, but the ump said no. Which of course means Francouer gets an RBI. Double. Another hit and an intentional walk load the bases. Kevin Gregg then does his job, gets the ground ball to 2nd, tailor made DP ball, but Hanley says no.

 

It wouldn't have been Kevin Gregg's best save ever, but he did his job. Hanley didn't.

 

He did his job? Are you serious? He allowed 4 runs! How the hell is it possible that he did his job while allowing 4 RUNS! Yea Hanley f***ed up but it wasnt his fault we were in this predicament.

 

 

It wasnt his fault, but the umpire and D didnt help. Neither did fredi, why leave in lindstrom? Nelson then Rhodes would have been enough. sometimes i think they wanna lose on purpose

I pick Hanley.

 

Saved the game in the 8th, came back and gives up two hits in the 9th. He then struckout Francouer, but the ump said no. Which of course means Francouer gets an RBI. Double. Another hit and an intentional walk load the bases. Kevin Gregg then does his job, gets the ground ball to 2nd, tailor made DP ball, but Hanley says no.

 

It wouldn't have been Kevin Gregg's best save ever, but he did his job. Hanley didn't.

 

He did his job? Are you serious? He allowed 4 runs! How the hell is it possible that he did his job while allowing 4 RUNS! Yea Hanley f***ed up but it wasnt his fault we were in this predicament.

Because his job was to get that groundball. That's it. That was his job and he did it. If Hanley hadn't f***ed up the double play, this thread would be people saying "Man, Kevin Gregg scares the sh*t out of me, but he got the job done. Good win!"

 

If there is a 3 run lead, his job is to not give up more than 2. If Hanley hadn't messed up immensely, that's exactly what he would have done.

 

This one is on Hanley.

i dont wanna see its over, but ive been far to optimistic. If we dont go to the playoffs, ill be looking at this day. WE dont even deserve to go. GOd, i cant wait till 2009

 

 

Enter Jim Mora legendary quote. Even discussing playoffs it a joke. No way no how. Looking toward 2009 is the only legitimate thing to look forward to.

i dont wanna see its over, but ive been far to optimistic. If we dont go to the playoffs, ill be looking at this day. WE dont even deserve to go. GOd, i cant wait till 2009

 

we still have a shot. We just have to win against the philles and mets

man suxs next year uggs is gone jacobs is gone gregg is gone and sadly Olsen is gonna be gone

 

the bright side is that we get to call up DallaS Coghlan Tuck N Roll and we'll get some good player n the Jacobs and Olsen trades

o and I blive Wes and Gonzo are gone 2

Just failures up and down the bullpen. This team takes bad breaks & bad calls and just collapses from them.

 

 

Just total meltdown.

 

 

I haven't seen anything like that since we blew a game to the Mets in the 9th a few years ago with Todd Jones on the mound & we made like 3 errors in a row to blow it.

 

I think you are thinking of the infamous September 17, 2005 game against the Phillies. I was at that game. Everything came apart in the top of 9th and the Marlins gave up 10 runs. Without a doubt the worst game I've ever been to in my life. I can remember the crowd shambling out of the stadium in shocked silence. This game doesn't compare for sheer shock/horror value, but like that game marked the end of the Marlins season in 2005, I think this one does the same for this season.

Andy Fox, attention Andy Fox.

 

Please schedule an afternoon of infield defense practice where you just hit double play ground balls to Uggla so Hanley can practice transferring the goddamm ball from one hand to the other?

 

Sweet mary.

lol its good to laught in a loss like this...

 

alot of f*** ups all around.

-Cody (he rarely does it, so i cant get on him too much)

-Gregg. Same old sh*t with gregg, this guy is not a CLOSER. He is a bad news bear. Guy comes in and sh*t starts happening.

-Hanley. damn, on Dps sometimes Uggy gives a bad flip but this one was perfect, 100% on Hanley. He should turned it and ended the game, but that doesnt take away that Gregg once again f-ed up.

Gregg is a total BUM. I hope we have a different closer next year. He only has ONE PITCH HE CAN THROW FOR STRIKES, AND HE'S NO MARIANO RIVERA who can GET AWAY with just having one pitch. Hanley needs a NORMAL infielder's glove. There is a REASON infielders use small gloves; you just saw one of them. To get the ball OUT OF IT QUICKLY! And I have been telling you guys that Uggla is LETHAL to this team right now. He is PSYCHED OUT mentally and has been so since the All Star Game. You guys keep talking about he's in a "SLUMP". This is no SLUMP. He is MENTALLY SCREWED UP. He gets caught stealing TWICE, once in the 9th inning where there was no steal sign, he forgets how many outs there are and just takes off, he makes two errors on one play the other day, kicking a ball into left field, and tonight he BREAKS TO COVER SECOND ON A STEAL and the batter hits it right where he was supposed to be! Uggla needs help, pssibly professional help, like a sports psychologist. His mind is just totally SHOT right now.

 

But this loss - this loss proves we don't deserve to win this year. I hate to say it, but teams that lose games like this one and that 18-17 abortion in Colorado DO NOT DESERVE to make the playoffs.

I pick Hanley.

 

Saved the game in the 8th, came back and gives up two hits in the 9th. He then struckout Francouer, but the ump said no. Which of course means Francouer gets an RBI. Double. Another hit and an intentional walk load the bases. Kevin Gregg then does his job, gets the ground ball to 2nd, tailor made DP ball, but Hanley says no.

 

It wouldn't have been Kevin Gregg's best save ever, but he did his job. Hanley didn't.

 

He did his job? Are you serious? He allowed 4 runs! How the hell is it possible that he did his job while allowing 4 RUNS! Yea Hanley f***ed up but it wasnt his fault we were in this predicament.

Because his job was to get that groundball. That's it. That was his job and he did it. If Hanley hadn't f***ed up the double play, this thread would be people saying "Man, Kevin Gregg scares the sh*t out of me, but he got the job done. Good win!"

 

If there is a 3 run lead, his job is to not give up more than 2. If Hanley hadn't messed up immensely, that's exactly what he would have done.

 

This one is on Hanley.

 

 

First off, Blanco has only HIDP 2 times this year, so there is no guarantee that had Hanley made the throw it would have beat him. Secondly, how do you know that Hanley's throw would have been accurate? Him and Danny boy have proven time and time again that their accuracy on double play balls is shaky at best. It would have been a close play. Gregg is the loser of the night!!

How did Dan Uggla not make the poll?

I mean...c'mon...how idiotic was that? Who covers 2nd, in that situation? That was the dumbest sh*t I've ever seen, in a baseball game. Did Dan Uggla really do that? It was so stupid even Tommy Hutton mentioned it, after the game.

 

Did these guys ever get past Little League?

You know...don't walk the leadoff hitter when you have a big lead. Get the ball out of your f***ing glove! Don't cover 2B when that run doesn't f***ing matter! Oh...and just so you know I didn't forget...DON'T STEAL 2ND, when your 2 runs down in the 9th!

 

UGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Bonehead plays counter for Uggla has been flying off the chart lately... does the guy have any basic baseball instincts? Or did he just pick up a bat one day and decided he wanted to wack the ball as hard as he could?

Just failures up and down the bullpen. This team takes bad breaks & bad calls and just collapses from them.

 

 

Just total meltdown.

 

 

I haven't seen anything like that since we blew a game to the Mets in the 9th a few years ago with Todd Jones on the mound & we made like 3 errors in a row to blow it.

 

I think you are thinking of the infamous September 17, 2005 game against the Phillies. I was at that game. Everything came apart in the top of 9th and the Marlins gave up 10 runs. Without a doubt the worst game I've ever been to in my life. I can remember the crowd shambling out of the stadium in shocked silence. This game doesn't compare for sheer shock/horror value, but like that game marked the end of the Marlins season in 2005, I think this one does the same for this season.

 

Yep that was the one, Phillies not Mets. I was at that game too. Never left a game so down before.

Someone had to have seen that. I know I wasn't the only one. That was one of the stupidest decisions I've ever seen in a baseball game...and it was actually done in the big leagues.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.