August 27, 200818 yr The game was lost on Hanley's miscue. Everything that happened before that is almost irrelevant. Sad, frustratiing but irrelevant. He makes the play. We move on. We doesn't it's the ballgame.
August 27, 200818 yr Kevin Gregg, my ass. This was just another choke, via dumb moments, from a dumb baseball team. And no...I don't say that b/c I'm frustrated. I say it b/c it's a fact. This team makes some of the stupidest baseball decisions I've ever seen in my life. I was saying this LAST YEAR. This roster is just NOT GOING TO WORK. Good teams not only have talent, but SMART PLAYERS.
August 27, 200818 yr Once again, Gregg is getting mostly all the blame. Out of the 5 hits he allowed, 2 were bloopers, and 3 was b/c the retarded 2B had another moment. Also...I believe it was Gregg who bailed out the "next best thing" Matt Lindstrom and "King Arthur." Blame Gregg...but there should be a lot more options for the "A-hole of the Game." I'm still waiting for Dan Uggla. Where's Lindstrom? Where are Rhodes and Nelson for walking in runs with the bases loaded? Kevin Gregg, my ass. This was just another choke, via dumb moments, from a dumb baseball team. And no...I don't say that b/c I'm frustrated. I say it b/c it's a fact. This team makes some of the stupidest baseball decisions I've ever seen in my life. . where the f*** is fredi for leaving lindstrom in there after he got away with one in the 7th...............i cant take anymore of this sh*t!!!!
August 27, 200818 yr i hate this - just watching the score inch closer on the scroll before getting the low lights sick performance
August 27, 200818 yr The game was lost on Hanley's miscue. Everything that happened before that is almost irrelevant. Sad, frustratiing but irrelevant. He makes the play. We move on. We doesn't it's the ballgame. Dude, you act like it's a guarantee that his throw would have got Blanco. That is no guarantee. Would you guarantee a guy who is notorious for throwing low and wild to first on a daily basis along with having hidden compartments in his glove for the ball to hide in is able to make that throw and get a speedy runner? I don't think so.
August 27, 200818 yr The entire bullpen was horrible. How about two walks with the bases loaded in the 8th? How about Jeremy Hermida gives a crap and gets the ball in faster. We may as well keep Gonzo out there if he's gonna play like a friggin panzy. I was waiting for someone to mention the walks in the 8th. IMO Lindstrom should have never come in in the 8th inning. Right from the start you could tell he wasn't locating very well and the umpire was squeezing everyone (ask Scott Olsen). This is not typical of him, he usually throws strikes. Aurthur did a nice job until he walked in a run and there was no blaming the umpire with Joe Nelson, he missed bad on 4 of his pitches! A colossal meltdown of the bullpen and it started in the 8th inning!
August 27, 200818 yr I blame Hillary Clinton (whose speech at the DNC started right at the bottom of the ninth). IT all Makes sense now Hilary Jinxed the Fish lets kill that bitch
August 27, 200818 yr Honestly, I have no idea why Beinfest thought that bringing back the same guys was somehow going to work. I guess he had no other choice. This is probably the least fundamental team in the history of baseball.
August 27, 200818 yr It is pointless to blame Uggla, Hanley, or Gregg. This loss was a team effort and featured all of the major flaws this team has that has held it back all season when the Marlins are on the field - terrible relief pitching, lazy plays, mental lapses, and errors.
August 27, 200818 yr I havent felt this bad in a while. Not me. After the loss in Colorado...no loss hurts as much.
August 27, 200818 yr I havent felt this bad in a while. Its not like its not correctable. The guys who are bad seeds on this team are obvious. Its REALLY annoying to see these guys defended just because they hit a ton of home runs. THEY DON'T DO ANYTHING ELSE WELL!! This will be a much better team next year, when the weeds are killed.
August 27, 200818 yr whatever what the f*** can we do now besides continue playing and praying but its one thing to lose and its another thing to lose like the marlins do
August 27, 200818 yr Derek Lee - Luis Castillo - Alex Gonzalez - Mike Lowell.... man were we spoiled with that defense. sigh....
August 27, 200818 yr Derek Lee - Luis Castillo - Alex Gonzalez - Mike Lowell.... man were we spoiled with that defense. sigh.... Cant get much better than that. What would u rather have, homeruns or good defense?
August 27, 200818 yr Yup...COMPLETELY GRAY....that's going to be the color of my hair by season's end. Not just a FEW gray hairs here and there, but COMPLETELY gray. Kevin Gregg is responsible for much of that. And seriously, you guys get a good look at Hanley's glove? That is an outfielder's glove. No wonder he has trouble getting the ball out of it. DUH! I mean come on already; that's why infielders use small gloves for the most part.
August 27, 200818 yr I havent felt this bad in a while. Not me. After the loss in Colorado...no loss hurts as much. Oh, you're right about that. THAT was the worst.
August 27, 200818 yr As ridiculously ugly as this loss was it doesn't hurt the way it used to. I no longer feel the same level of disappointment that I used to feel because, sadly, bone-headed plays and meltdowns don't surprise me in the least at this point. This team is so fundamentally unsound it's pathetic. How many times have we seen Uggla make perplexing moves on the field and how many times have we seen Hanley struggle to get the ball out of his glove or make a bad throw? If it's not the bullpen it's the defense or lack of hitting. As much as I would like to be optimistic I just don't see this team suddenly putting it all together.
August 27, 200818 yr Derek Lee - Luis Castillo - Alex Gonzalez - Mike Lowell.... man were we spoiled with that defense. sigh.... You are not kidding! That infield was poetry in motion. And they made it look so easy.
August 27, 200818 yr When up a few runs late you're usually able to breathe.. not with this defense and bullpen.
August 27, 200818 yr The game was lost on Hanley's miscue. Everything that happened before that is almost irrelevant. Sad, frustratiing but irrelevant. He makes the play. We move on. We doesn't it's the ballgame. Dude, you act like it's a guarantee that his throw would have got Blanco. That is no guarantee. Would you guarantee a guy who is notorious for throwing low and wild to first on a daily basis along with having hidden compartments in his glove for the ball to hide in is able to make that throw and get a speedy runner? I don't think so. So you are saying it's not Hanley's fault because if he didn't bobble the ball, he could have thrown it away? That's a strange line of thinking.
August 27, 200818 yr The game was lost on Hanley's miscue. Everything that happened before that is almost irrelevant. Sad, frustratiing but irrelevant. He makes the play. We move on. We doesn't it's the ballgame. Dude, you act like it's a guarantee that his throw would have got Blanco. That is no guarantee. Would you guarantee a guy who is notorious for throwing low and wild to first on a daily basis along with having hidden compartments in his glove for the ball to hide in is able to make that throw and get a speedy runner? I don't think so. So you are saying it's not Hanley's fault because if he didn't bobble the ball, he could have thrown it away? That's a strange line of thinking. My thought exactly. How does that reasoning get Hanley off the hook?
August 27, 200818 yr this team like last year mets that fell like rock That's not a good comparison, bro.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.