August 27, 200818 yr Trust me guys, this team will be better next year. Beinfest isn't blind. The front office knows what we know. I think even Fredi's seemingly endless patience has run dry.
August 27, 200818 yr The game was lost on Hanley's miscue. Everything that happened before that is almost irrelevant. Sad, frustratiing but irrelevant. He makes the play. We move on. We doesn't it's the ballgame. Dude, you act like it's a guarantee that his throw would have got Blanco. That is no guarantee. Would you guarantee a guy who is notorious for throwing low and wild to first on a daily basis along with having hidden compartments in his glove for the ball to hide in is able to make that throw and get a speedy runner? I don't think so. So you are saying it's not Hanley's fault because if he didn't bobble the ball, he could have thrown it away? That's a strange line of thinking. My thought exactly. How does that reasoning get Hanley off the hook? It doesn't take Hanley off the hook at all. You act as if the DP was guaranteed to occur. You can't assume anything with this defense. Hanley shares blame, no question, but we all know there is one thing that we can't rely on and that's defense. Gregg blew a 3 run lead and made us rely on our defense. Anyone with a brain would know how that would turn out. It's Gregg's fault.
August 27, 200818 yr The game was lost on Hanley's miscue. Everything that happened before that is almost irrelevant. Sad, frustratiing but irrelevant. He makes the play. We move on. We doesn't it's the ballgame. Dude, you act like it's a guarantee that his throw would have got Blanco. That is no guarantee. Would you guarantee a guy who is notorious for throwing low and wild to first on a daily basis along with having hidden compartments in his glove for the ball to hide in is able to make that throw and get a speedy runner? I don't think so. So you are saying it's not Hanley's fault because if he didn't bobble the ball, he could have thrown it away? That's a strange line of thinking. My thought exactly. How does that reasoning get Hanley off the hook? It doesn't take Hanley off the hook at all. You act as if the DP was guaranteed to occur. You can't assume anything with this defense. Hanley shares blame, no question, but we all know there is one thing that we can't rely on and that's defense. Gregg blew a 3 run lead and made us rely on our defense. Anyone with a brain would know how that would turn out. It's Gregg's fault. The only reason that DP wouldn't happen is if Hanley screws it up. I'm sorry, but because the possibility of his screwing it up exists doesn't mean it's not his fault.
August 27, 200818 yr I don't know if this will ease anybodys minds but the Mets have a tough rode ahead of them. Hopefully they will lose to the Phillies tonight and then lose again tomorrow. They then face us for 3 games, Milwakee 3 games, Phillies 3 games, Washington and Atlanta for 2 weeks (they won't win all of those games), the cubs for 4 games, and then finish up with us. We need to start winning tomorrow and then go on a winning streak. Hopefully this is the last bad game played. They will tighten it up and when they start playing with good pitching, (good hitting was displayed tonight), and the bullpen snaps out of it, I am betting we will make a push. Relax and think positively-if not next year does look good, however, this year is not over.
August 27, 200818 yr The only reason that DP wouldn't happen is if Hanley screws it up. I'm sorry, but because the possibility of his screwing it up exists doesn't mean it's not his fault. You're probably right. It's perfectly ok to give up 5 hits and 4 runs. Thank god Hanley screwed up that 'possible' double play ball because he took Gregg off the hook. That's you're reasoning and it's rediculous.
August 27, 200818 yr You're probably right. It's perfectly ok to give up 5 hits and 4 runs. Thank god Hanley screwed up that 'possible' double play ball because he took Gregg off the hook. That's you're reasoning and it's rediculous. When did I say it was alright? I didn't. The point is that the game was over, saved, won, if Hanley didn't mess that up.
August 27, 200818 yr I don't know if this will ease anybodys minds but the Mets have a tough rode ahead of them. They lost to the Phillies tonight and they play them again tomorrow. They then face us for 3 games, Milwakee 3 games, Phillies 3 games, Washington and Atlanta for 2 weeks (they won't win all of those games), the cubs for 4 games, and then finish up with us. We need to start winning tomorrow and then go on a winning streak. Hopefully this is the last bad game played. They will tighten it up and when they start playing with good pitching, (good hitting was displayed tonight), and the bullpen snaps out of it, I am betting we will make a push. Relax and think positively-if not next year does look good, however, this year is not over. What exactly does 'tighten it up' mean? Are you referring to the defense, bullpen, or lack of hitting? No way this team goes on streak. Since the end of May their nearly 10 game below .500. Their done and I'm somewhat glad. I want to see the dead wood sit while the kids come up from the minors. I've seen enough of this circus act. I couldn't care less if they end up 15 games under .500 just as long as they show that they can actually be considered a major league team more
August 27, 200818 yr The game was lost on Hanley's miscue. Everything that happened before that is almost irrelevant. Sad, frustratiing but irrelevant. He makes the play. We move on. We doesn't it's the ballgame. Dude, you act like it's a guarantee that his throw would have got Blanco. That is no guarantee. Would you guarantee a guy who is notorious for throwing low and wild to first on a daily basis along with having hidden compartments in his glove for the ball to hide in is able to make that throw and get a speedy runner? I don't think so. So you are saying it's not Hanley's fault because if he didn't bobble the ball, he could have thrown it away? That's a strange line of thinking. My thought exactly. How does that reasoning get Hanley off the hook? It doesn't take Hanley off the hook at all. You act as if the DP was guaranteed to occur. You can't assume anything with this defense. Hanley shares blame, no question, but we all know there is one thing that we can't rely on and that's defense. Gregg blew a 3 run lead and made us rely on our defense. Anyone with a brain would know how that would turn out. It's Gregg's fault. Well I do agree with you that Gregg's share of the blame is undeniable.
August 27, 200818 yr I'm taking tomorrow and Thursday off from this team. Coming back fresh on Friday.
August 27, 200818 yr Oh god yall this is one of the worst nights I have had as a Marlin fan. I'm so depressed right now.
August 27, 200818 yr I don't know if this will ease anybodys minds but the Mets have a tough rode ahead of them. Hopefully they will lose to the Phillies tonight and then lose again tomorrow. They then face us for 3 games, Milwakee 3 games, Phillies 3 games, Washington and Atlanta for 2 weeks (they won't win all of those games), the cubs for 4 games, and then finish up with us. We need to start winning tomorrow and then go on a winning streak. Hopefully this is the last bad game played. They will tighten it up and when they start playing with good pitching, (good hitting was displayed tonight), and the bullpen snaps out of it, I am betting we will make a push. Relax and think positively-if not next year does look good, however, this year is not over. The Mets have 29 games left, 15 of those 29 are at Shea. 12 of those 29 are against the Braves and the Nationals (both of whom will surely just bend over and spread 'em). Their "toughest" competition in their upcomming schedule is the Cubs for 4 games 7 days before the end of the season. The Cubs will probably have their playoff spot locked by then, and will be resting starters, and not really give a sh*t if they win or lose. We have 30 games left, 15 at home. 5 more vs. Atlanta who we are 4-6 against 6 vs. the Mets who we are 5-7 against 3 vs. the Cards, 1-3 6 vs. the Phils, who we have a winning record against so far this year, 7-5 6 vs. the Nats, who we are 10-2 against but that's because they are the Nats 3 vs. the Astros, 1-2 1 vs. the Reds, 2-5 Also, that make-up game against the Reds is set for 9/22, which means we lose an off-day, so now our last day off is 9/15 and we will play 13 in a row (last 7 on the road) to end the season. As I gaze into my crystal ball, I see diarrhea.
August 27, 200818 yr I don't know if this will ease anybodys minds but the Mets have a tough rode ahead of them. Hopefully they will lose to the Phillies tonight and then lose again tomorrow. They then face us for 3 games, Milwakee 3 games, Phillies 3 games, Washington and Atlanta for 2 weeks (they won't win all of those games), the cubs for 4 games, and then finish up with us. We need to start winning tomorrow and then go on a winning streak. Hopefully this is the last bad game played. They will tighten it up and when they start playing with good pitching, (good hitting was displayed tonight), and the bullpen snaps out of it, I am betting we will make a push. Relax and think positively-if not next year does look good, however, this year is not over. The Mets have 29 games left, 15 of those 29 are at Shea. 12 of those 29 are against the Braves and the Nationals (both of whom will surely just bend over and spread 'em). Their "toughest" competition in their upcomming schedule is the Cubs for 4 games 7 days before the end of the season. The Cubs will probably have their playoff spot locked by then, and will be resting starters, and not really give a sh*t if they win or lose. We have 30 games left, 15 at home. 5 more vs. Atlanta who we are 4-6 against 6 vs. the Mets who we are 5-7 against 3 vs. the Cards, 1-3 6 vs. the Phils, who we have a winning record against so far this year, 7-5 6 vs. the Nats, who we are 10-2 against but that's because they are the Nats 3 vs. the Astros, 1-2 1 vs. the Reds, 2-5 Also, that make-up game against the Reds is set for 9/22, which means we lose an off-day, so now our last day off is 9/15 and we will play 13 in a row (last 7 on the road) to end the season. As I gaze into my crystal ball, I see diarrhea. I don't think the Mets will be a problem. Their bullpen sucks and their rotation just took a huge hit. I think they will fall. It's the Phillies who worry me.
August 27, 200818 yr thanks alot hanley and gregg. now i'll never here the end of it, all the friends are braves and phillies fans. not to mention we just keep adding to the loss column. i feel you man. My little bro and my relatives are phillies fans.
August 27, 200818 yr i dont wanna see its over, but ive been far to optimistic. If we dont go to the playoffs, ill be looking at this day. WE dont even deserve to go. GOd, i cant wait till 2009 we still have a shot. We just have to win against the philles and mets dont get me wrong, i still believe. Im just saying, we dont deserve to go to the playoffs.
August 27, 200818 yr Kevin Gregg, my ass. This was just another choke, via dumb moments, from a dumb baseball team. And no...I don't say that b/c I'm frustrated. I say it b/c it's a fact. This team makes some of the stupidest baseball decisions I've ever seen in my life. I was saying this LAST YEAR. This roster is just NOT GOING TO WORK. Good teams not only have talent, but SMART PLAYERS. i agree, and next time fredi has to make smarter moves.
August 27, 200818 yr Trust me guys, this team will be better next year. Beinfest isn't blind. The front office knows what we know. I think even Fredi's seemingly endless patience has run dry. agreed. i wouldnt be suprised to see the marlins run away with the division next year.
August 27, 200818 yr I am so glad I only say the final hour or so on MLB.TV this morning (UK time). It would have killed me. I saw the game length (3h38m) and naturally thought "extra innings" so I was amazed to see we were 8-4 up in the eighth. Thank you Mr Rhodes, Mr Nelson, Mr Gregg and Mr Ramirez. You've ruined my morning and probably the rest of my day. Playoffs, smayoffs. I'd be amazed if we finished above .500 now.
August 27, 200818 yr I don't know if this will ease anybodys minds but the Mets have a tough rode ahead of them. Hopefully they will lose to the Phillies tonight and then lose again tomorrow. They then face us for 3 games, Milwakee 3 games, Phillies 3 games, Washington and Atlanta for 2 weeks (they won't win all of those games), the cubs for 4 games, and then finish up with us. We need to start winning tomorrow and then go on a winning streak. Hopefully this is the last bad game played. They will tighten it up and when they start playing with good pitching, (good hitting was displayed tonight), and the bullpen snaps out of it, I am betting we will make a push. Relax and think positively-if not next year does look good, however, this year is not over. The Mets have 29 games left, 15 of those 29 are at Shea. 12 of those 29 are against the Braves and the Nationals (both of whom will surely just bend over and spread 'em). Their "toughest" competition in their upcomming schedule is the Cubs for 4 games 7 days before the end of the season. The Cubs will probably have their playoff spot locked by then, and will be resting starters, and not really give a sh*t if they win or lose. We have 30 games left, 15 at home. 5 more vs. Atlanta who we are 4-6 against 6 vs. the Mets who we are 5-7 against 3 vs. the Cards, 1-3 6 vs. the Phils, who we have a winning record against so far this year, 7-5 6 vs. the Nats, who we are 10-2 against but that's because they are the Nats 3 vs. the Astros, 1-2 1 vs. the Reds, 2-5 Also, that make-up game against the Reds is set for 9/22, which means we lose an off-day, so now our last day off is 9/15 and we will play 13 in a row (last 7 on the road) to end the season. As I gaze into my crystal ball, I see diarrhea. I don't think the Mets will be a problem. Their bullpen sucks and their rotation just took a huge hit. I think they will fall. It's the Phillies who worry me. I agree, I was more replying to that part about the Mets "tough road" ahead.
August 27, 200818 yr Next thing to look forward to: '09 spring training. to think how far away that is pains me i fell asleep when it was 8-4 last night, needless to say i was shocked beyond believe wen i fired up mlb.com this morning
August 27, 200818 yr It doesn't matter who's fault it is....Hanley, Gregg, Uggla... we are just NOT a playoff team. The sooner we realize this, the better off we'll be. I gave up on the playoffs a week ago after the Giants series but I've still haven't learned how not to care about the team. I'm working on it, and I recommend we all do, for the sake of our collective mental sanity.
August 27, 200818 yr Next thing to look forward to: '09 spring training. to think how far away that is pains me i fell asleep when it was 8-4 last night, needless to say i was shocked beyond believe wen i fired up mlb.com this morning Fell asleep awhe it was 8-7 and thought well its 50 50 with gregg in the ninth when i woke up at like 4 in th emorning and looked up the score wasnt surprised btu i guess our great d showed up too.
August 27, 200818 yr The difference between the Marlins being in 1st place and where they are now is Gregg (check losses = blown saves). i dont like using that comparison in that even the best closers in the game will blow some saves i will however say we should have a few more wins than we do because of gregg, but u cant expect a 100% save rate
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.