Tommy pissed

One observer is of the opinion Gonzalez should move on the issue immediately. After watching Gregg take the loss for the fourth time in seven outings, Marlins color commentator Tommy Hutton said: "With the continuation of the downfall of Kevin Gregg, Fredi Gonzalez cannot use him anymore in these situations. A hanging splitter, he cannot say at this point, 'He's my closer,' because he's not been doing the job.

"Right now, after what's happened tonight, he can't continue to do that because it's too demoralizing to the rest of the team."

honestly when Beltran hit the HR all i could is do is laugh. not get pissed, but literally just laugh it off. how many times have i seen this crap?

yet again Gregg freaking blows it in dramatic fashion! time after time its the same crap from Fredi, "were gonna keep running him out he's our closer"

How the hell is that even helping the team knowing that if they get ahead in the 9th not even a 3 run lead is safe with Gregg? Thats bulls***. Why? Because he could at least try a closer by committee with a couple of guys in the bullpen. Lindstrom, Nelson, Waetcher. Gregg has 9 freaking blown saves. 9.

I was thinking maybe 6 or 7, and ur still running him out at 10? Jesus, only on the Marlins would be doing that garbage if it's any other team he's waived or pitching in the minors. Demote his ass and let it be known because this aint the first time he keeps blowing sh*t up. Send the damn message Fredi quit the media friendly bulls*** always looking for the right thing to say.

honestly when Beltran hit the HR all i could is do is laugh. not get pissed, but literally just laugh it off. how many times have i seen this crap?

yet again Gregg freaking blows it in dramatic fashion! time after time its the same crap from Fredi, "were gonna keep running him out he's our closer"

How the hell is that even helping the team knowing that if they get ahead in the 9th not even a 3 run lead is safe with Gregg? Thats bulls***. Why? Because he could at least try a closer by committee with a couple of guys in the bullpen. Lindstrom, Nelson, Waetcher. Gregg has 9 freaking blown saves. 9.

I was thinking maybe 6 or 7, and ur still running him out at 10? Jesus, only on the Marlins would be doing that garbage if it's any other team he's waived or pitching in the minors. Demote his ass and let it be known because this aint the first time he keeps blowing sh*t up. Send the damn message Fredi quit the media friendly bulls*** always looking for the right thing to say.

i was pissed in another sense. i certainly didnt laugh it off, i just got really really angry lol

By the way, I don't know where "10" came from, but he has 9 blown saves. Not that it's any better, but it's still 9.

And as far as any other team waiving him, that's stupidity. Wagner has 7...Isringhausen has 7 and he only has 12 saves! Now, in Izzy's case, he was bumped out of being the closer, but he wasn't waived or demoted.

J.J Putz has 7 as well, and only 9 saves. Manny Corpas also joins the club of guys who have 2 BS less than Gregg and not even third as many saves.

All these guys were kicked out of the closer's spot, but none of them were demoted or waived, because that would be rediculous.

gregg is garbage end if story. he shows no emotion and i knew he was going to blow the game the minute they announced him as pitcher. for him it's easy getting the 2 first outs....but the third one well the bases loaded and a grand slam later...

You guys really need to get over the showing emotion thing. If Gregg gives up a slam and shreds his glove with his teeth in anger, it's still a grand slam. Doesn't make any difference.

I say from the beginning, Tommy Hutton is not afraid to speak his mind, his partner is the total opposite, i don't know if it is the new yorker in me, i go to games and see players mess up, and the fans seems like they are not allow to boo, i would bet, if Gregg come into the game today he will be applause, we have a manager who #1 line is, "The guys are trying their best, tomorrow is another day."

We the fans make to much excues for the players, if they do good applause them, if they mess up let them have it, no excues.

I say from the beginning, Tommy Hutton is not afraid to speak his mind, his partner is the total opposite, i don't know if it is the new yorker in me, i go to games and see players mess up, and the fans seems like they are not allow to boo, i would bet, if Gregg come into the game today he will be applause, we have a manager who #1 line is, "The guys are trying their best, tomorrow is another day."

We the fans make to much excues for the players, if they do good applause them, if they mess up let them have it, no excues.

You are forgetting the Jorge Julio experience. Boos all around.

Also, you do this two much, "Most of you are apologists, but I'm a straight talker, no sugar coating and right from the gut" when in reality most of the guys here are ready to hang a guy after a mistake. The only guy with any leeway is Hanley.

I totally agree with Tommy. And thats why I love him, he says it like it is. Finally someone has stood up and called Gregg out. Lets hope Freddi grows some balls and demotes his punk ass from the closer role.

Don't count on it. That is what happens when you have cheap ownership and this is the only option Freddi has. This is exactly how this ownership wants this season to go down.....tease but ultimately be frustrating. That way they don't have to pay more money and can say well we put together a decent team for the money we have, what more do you want ? They think it takes all the pressure off of them.

Just another reason this ownership has got to go. :banghead

I was at the game and all of us were booing the crap out of gregg. it's no longer acceptable.

You are forgetting the Jorge Julio experience. Boos all around.

Also, you do this two much, "Most of you are apologists, but I'm a straight talker, no sugar coating and right from the gut" when in reality most of the guys here are ready to hang a guy after a mistake. The only guy with any leeway is Hanley.

I'm not a apologist, you get the same from me, alot of folks on here always jump on me because i speak my mind and will always do, to old to change. i don't go to far back with the team, became a fan when i move here, dec 06,

By the way, I don't know where "10" came from, but he has 9 blown saves. Not that it's any better, but it's still 9.

And as far as any other team waiving him, that's stupidity. Wagner has 7...Isringhausen has 7 and he only has 12 saves! Now, in Izzy's case, he was bumped out of being the closer, but he wasn't waived or demoted.

J.J Putz has 7 as well, and only 9 saves. Manny Corpas also joins the club of guys who have 2 BS less than Gregg and not even third as many saves.

All these guys were kicked out of the closer's spot, but none of them were demoted or waived, because that would be rediculous.

yeah my mistake on that one, i thought i heard Tommy say 10 in the telecast last night. When checking in another thread I saw 9 and edited it out.

Tommy does say it like it is, u gotta love the guy for that. I see him as more of a Marlins fan then anything else, cause he actually seems to give a crap whats going on and not just calling the game. Makes me laugh cause I think Rich is terrified of him and just lets him vent out frustration.

it just stinks that we can have a heck of a game, and when we call upon Gregg he blows it all up. September is coming so it should be time to see what the other guys have now.

yeah my mistake on that one, i thought i heard Tommy say 10 in the telecast last night. When checking in another thread I saw 9 and edited it out.

Tommy does say it like it is, u gotta love the guy for that. I see him as more of a Marlins fan then anything else, cause he actually seems to give a crap whats going on and not just calling the game. Makes me laugh cause I think Rich is terrified of him and just lets him vent out frustration.

it just stinks that we can have a heck of a game, and when we call upon Gregg he blows it all up. September is coming so it should be time to see what the other guys have now.

We are way to hard on Gregg. This bullpen hasn't struggled, but unfortunately they are at the end of the game where all the blame can be assigned. Gregg didn't only score 2 runs in the first 8 innings.

9 Blown Saves

4 w/failed Double Plays that would have ended it

1 in Colorado when nobody was able to get anyone out

Lets face it, he's been screwed by our defense and is a middle reliever anyhow, so it is going to be hard for him to get 6-7 outs in an inning.