June 11, 200917 yr I'm as down as anyone else with Hermida but, I have a feeling that walk-off last night is gonna jump start his season. He knows he's had a disappointing career so far based on his expectations as a prospect. He has the tools (at least as a hitter) to be productive. He has made strides this season with his plate discipline. He will never be a 35 HR guy. He likely will never bat over .305 but, he could become a Mark Kotsay type hitter with a little more pop. I'd still like to see BC take some starts away from Herm vs Lefties. I'm gonna predict this season will be his most productive yet, despite his slow start. AVG -G -AB -R -2B 3B HR RBI BB -K SB OBP SLG OPS .282-153-526-68-23--3---20---72--78-123--9--.377-.449-.826
June 11, 200917 yr Who knows. He's proven so far to be a very streaky hitter like most people on this team. Oddly, he's hitting much better at home this season.
June 11, 200917 yr Hermida is a tremendously streaky player and his hot streaks almost always come when he stops going up there looking for a walk and starts looking for a hit. We really need him to be the hitter he was supposed to be if we are to have a chance coming up.
June 11, 200917 yr Author A future #2 hitter, if you ask me. The Marlins have tried him at #2 repeatedly and it hasn't work. It would make sense with his solid OBP. Having a Lefty up 2nd helps the chances of advancing the runner at first base. Though, he is probably too slow to be a #2.
June 11, 200917 yr He had another nice game today getting 3 hits in 5 AB's with another Home run and 2 RBI's, hopefully this is the beginning of a long hot streak. But i agree with Orestes, i wish BC would take away more starts form Hermida vs LHP as he is batting .222/.365/.300 against them and .289/.423/.394 vs right handed pitchers. He has also seemed to hit way better at home this season which is odd for left handed batters.
June 11, 200917 yr A future #2 hitter, if you ask me. The Marlins have tried him at #2 repeatedly and it hasn't work. It would make sense with his solid OBP. Having a Lefty up 2nd helps the chances of advancing the runner at first base. Though, he is probably too slow to be a #2. He's only batted 2nd however vs LHP which is pretty stupid IMO as he has struggled against lefties this season.
June 11, 200917 yr Author Hermida's future is with another team. That will probably happen sooner than later but, this question is directed toward him as a hitter. I would think hardcore marlins fans would have the best perspective.
June 11, 200917 yr A future #2 hitter, if you ask me. The Marlins have tried him at #2 repeatedly and it hasn't work. It would make sense with his solid OBP. Having a Lefty up 2nd helps the chances of advancing the runner at first base. Though, he is probably too slow to be a #2. I really don't remember him being repeatedly tried at #2. I know he started there his rookie season and he was always thought to be a natural two hitter, but as far as I can remember his PT there has been sparse. Either way I think both he and Baker would be much better served in the two hole, and Baker was a much better hitter for us in that spot than he has been buried in the lineup.
June 11, 200917 yr Author A future #2 hitter, if you ask me. The Marlins have tried him at #2 repeatedly and it hasn't work. It would make sense with his solid OBP. Having a Lefty up 2nd helps the chances of advancing the runner at first base. Though, he is probably too slow to be a #2. I really don't remember him being repeatedly tried at #2. I know he started there his rookie season and he was always thought to be a natural two hitter, but as far as I can remember his PT there has been sparse. Either way I think both he and Baker would be much better served in the two hole, and Baker was a much better hitter for us in that spot than he has been buried in the lineup. Baker & Herm fit the mold of a #2 hitter but, I feel are too slow on the bases. Especially with Hanley in the 3 hole, Fredi would like some speed on base in front of him.
June 11, 200917 yr A future #2 hitter, if you ask me. The Marlins have tried him at #2 repeatedly and it hasn't work. It would make sense with his solid OBP. Having a Lefty up 2nd helps the chances of advancing the runner at first base. Though, he is probably too slow to be a #2. I really don't remember him being repeatedly tried at #2. I know he started there his rookie season and he was always thought to be a natural two hitter, but as far as I can remember his PT there has been sparse. Either way I think both he and Baker would be much better served in the two hole, and Baker was a much better hitter for us in that spot than he has been buried in the lineup. That has been a problem for us was that 2 hole. Fredi with his great managing decides to put Bonifacio batting 2nd vs RHP and he's hitting .222 against them with an OBP of .286, while Herms is mashing them which is probably why he is hitting 5th for more RBI oppurtunity's and Baker with his struggles is hitting .269 against RHP with an OBP of .338 and is hitting in the 7th spot? Then vs LHP Fredi decides to lead off Boni which is smart as he has hit them pretty well .313/.373/.324 but sticks Herms in the 2 spot and he is much worse hitting .222 with and OBP of .300. We need to Bump Boner out of the Lineup vs RHP and have Baker hit 2nd because i have no doubt in my mind that he is hitting way higher batting 2nd vs RHP. In fact is anyone can please find me his stats vs RHP batting 2nd i would love you forever.
June 11, 200917 yr His speed is fine. Hermida should be hitting in the #2 spot, but Fredi is in love with Bonifacio. Really, how is he in the #2 spot, but Baker and Hermida aren't?
June 11, 200917 yr I'm as down as anyone else with Hermida but, I have a feeling that walk-off last night is gonna jump start his season. He knows he's had a disappointing career so far based on his expectations as a prospect. He has the tools (at least as a hitter) to be productive. He has made strides this season with his plate discipline. He will never be a 35 HR guy. He likely will never bat over .305 but, he could become a Mark Kotsay type hitter with a little more pop. I'd still like to see BC take some starts away from Herm vs Lefties. I'm gonna predict this season will be his most productive yet, despite his slow start. AVG -G -AB -R -2B 3B HR RBI BB -K SB OBP SLG OPS .282-153-526-68-23--3---20---72--78-123--9--.377-.449-.826 Hermida hasn't been terrible but he's been below avarage for sure, and hasn't lived up to his potential... He has always just been half decent but I think after the walk off he also did an interview on 790am and they were ripping him pretty bad before his interview, and after I think he heard that, and I hope that the last two games are a glimps of an evolution of a talented ball player. I like Hermida as a player, and hope he becomes the star they thought he could be when they drafted him but it's been how many years now that he's been here? He has to step it up NOW This year! No more waiting for him to have a break out year... This has to be the break out year. I hope he catches fire, and has a good year here on out.
June 11, 200917 yr His speed is fine. Hermida should be hitting in the #2 spot, but Fredi is in love with Bonifacio. Really, how is he in the #2 spot, but Baker and Hermida aren't? Baker should be hitting #2, we've all said this for a while. He was a much better hitter in the 2 spot, it was beyond idiotic to take him out of it.
June 11, 200917 yr His speed is fine. Hermida should be hitting in the #2 spot, but Fredi is in love with Bonifacio. Really, how is he in the #2 spot, but Baker and Hermida aren't? Baker should be hitting #2, we've all said this for a while. He was a much better hitter in the 2 spot, it was beyond idiotic to take him out of it. That's Fredi for you.
June 11, 200917 yr His speed is fine. Hermida should be hitting in the #2 spot, but Fredi is in love with Bonifacio. Really, how is he in the #2 spot, but Baker and Hermida aren't? Baker should be hitting #2, we've all said this for a while. He was a much better hitter in the 2 spot, it was beyond idiotic to take him out of it. I know, I'm just saying Hermida at the 2 spot would have sufficed. But like MarlinPride said, that's Fredi for you.
June 11, 200917 yr A future #2 hitter, if you ask me. The Marlins have tried him at #2 repeatedly and it hasn't work. It would make sense with his solid OBP. Having a Lefty up 2nd helps the chances of advancing the runner at first base. Though, he is probably too slow to be a #2. Hermida was quite good in the 2 hole this year, actually.
June 11, 200917 yr A future #2 hitter, if you ask me. The Marlins have tried him at #2 repeatedly and it hasn't work. It would make sense with his solid OBP. Having a Lefty up 2nd helps the chances of advancing the runner at first base. Though, he is probably too slow to be a #2. Hermida was quite good in the 2 hole this year, actually. I thought so, too, but the numbers say otherwise. .273/.324/.424 (.748) in the #2 spot. Right around his season OPS, although it is SLG-driven, so not as valuable. He's actually been best as a #6 hitter - .273/.415/.394 (.809). Regardless, those are all small samples, and I'd personally like to see him batting 1st or 2nd.
June 11, 200917 yr Every time Hermida shows signs of life people think "this is the beginning" of the new, improved Jeremy. It ain't. Being such a lousy hitter, you know sooner or later he's going to do something, anything. That's what that walk-off was. Nothing more, nothing less.
June 11, 200917 yr I'm gonna predict this season will be his most productive yet, despite his slow start. AVG -G -AB -R -2B 3B HR RBI BB -K SB OBP SLG OPS .282-153-526-68-23--3---20---72--78-123--9--.377-.449-.826 That wouldn't be his most productive season. it's like 2007 never happened around here. The number that really stands out for me this season though is 6 doubles. The .opb is right in line with his solid '07 season but it's the slugging that's the issue now. The homers the past couple of games are a good sign, but 6 doubles? ouch. If he's not slugging any better than this he won't last as a corner outfielder. And that's leaving out the average to below average defense. Hopefully he stays hot during the 2nd half and winds up with numbers close to 2007.
June 11, 200917 yr Every time Hermida Waxheaven shows signs of life people think "this is the beginning" of the new, improved Jeremy Waxheaven. It ain't. Being such a lousy hitter poster, you know sooner or later he's going to do something, anything, like make an annoying sig ridiculing one of our own players using incorrect stats. Wait, I can't even remember a worthwhile post. If I could find one though, I'd say "That's what that walk-off post was Nothing more, nothing less." Fixed.
June 11, 200917 yr Every time Hermida Waxheaven shows signs of life people think "this is the beginning" of the new, improved Jeremy Waxheaven. It ain't. Being such a lousy hitter poster, you know sooner or later he's going to do something, anything, like make an annoying sig ridiculing one of our own players using incorrect stats. Wait, I can't even remember a worthwhile post. If I could find one though, I'd say "That's what that walk-off post was Nothing more, nothing less." Fixed. I LOL'd milk through my nose.
June 11, 200917 yr Every time Hermida Waxheaven shows signs of life people think "this is the beginning" of the new, improved Jeremy Waxheaven. It ain't. Being such a lousy hitter poster, you know sooner or later he's going to do something, anything, like make an annoying sig ridiculing one of our own players using incorrect stats. Wait, I can't even remember a worthwhile post. If I could find one though, I'd say "That's what that walk-off post was Nothing more, nothing less." Fixed. I see what you did there.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.