The Cody Ross Trade Rumours From A Few Weeks Back

According to a report by my colleague, Barry Jackson, in today's Herald, the Marlins rejected Atlanta's offer of Jeff Francoeur for Cody Ross a couple of weeks ago before the Braves traded prospects to the Pirates for Nate McLouth. Can't disagree with the Marlins on that decision.The Braves also asked about Jeremy Hermida.

Francoeur's numbers have been riding the down escalator and compare unfavorably to Ross's. Just looking at career OPS figures for a quick gauge, it's .807 for Ross compared to .734 for Francoeur, a free-swinger who hasn't met many pitches he doesn't like. Contractually, both are in their second years of arbitration eligibility, with Francoeur raking in about $1 million more than Ross this season.

http://miamiherald.t...suspension.html

Definately glad that Cody stayed and I couldn't see the Marlins accepting that offer in a million years.

I would do Francouer for Hermida in a heartbeat

Absolutely not!

Hermida is outperforming him in basically every way this year and quite a lot career wise.

This year - Hermida 224 AB, .281 AVG, 8 HR, 29 RBI, 33 BB, .376 OBP, .429 SLG

This year - Francouer 229 AB, .253 AVG, 4 HR, 29 RBI, 10 BB, .286 OBP, .349 SLG

Hermida has a better AVG/OBP/SLG line in his career than Francouer.

I read this and just mumbled under my breath, "Barry Jackson..."

You have to ask yourself "why"? Why would the Braves even offer up such a proposition except to be insulting and Frank Wren isn't that kind of guy. There has to be a) more players involved or b) money involved or c) Jackson has the story wrong as usual.

Think about it. Hits for a better average? Nope. Gets on base machine? Nope. Power? Nope. Cheaper? No no no. Better D? Oh, c'mon.

Why does this even make it into print? Oh that's right, it's the Herald.

Good thing you don't run the team then... Besides both players are a mirror of each other talent wise but Hermida is the better of the two why would you trade them? Pointless move, and trading in the same division is never a good idea.

If we must trade anyone!! Trade them out side our division so they don't hurt us all year long...

I read this and just mumbled under my breath, "Barry Jackson..."

You have to ask yourself "why"? Why would the Braves even offer up such a proposition except to be insulting and Frank Wren isn't that kind of guy. There has to be a) more players involved or b) money involved or c) Jackson has the story wrong as usual.

Think about it. Hits for a better average? Nope. Gets on base machine? Nope. Power? Nope. Cheaper? No no no. Better D? Oh, c'mon.

Why does this even make it into print? Oh that's right, it's the Herald.

And who would even play CF for us? We already have Hermida in RF and Coghlan in LF. Trading our CF for a RF would make no sense.

But, there is the "potential" thing with Francouer. And if he didn't have the service time that he did, I think it'd be a lot more interesting. But with it being what it is, yeah, not even close.

Sarcasm?

Thank you for being the only person on the board who can recognize sarcasm.

kinda hard to recognize sarcasm when we cant hear your voice or see your facial expression so try putting smileys and with the stupid crap that ppl say in this board makes it hard to identify the sarcastic comments and the literal comments.

And i would take that trade any day of the week hermida's garbage :rolleyes:

Sarcasm?

kinda hard to recognize sarcasm when we cant hear your voice or see your facial exp​ression so try putting smileys and with the stupid crap that ppl say in this board makes it hard to identify the sarcastic comments and the literal comments.

And i would take that trade any day of the week hermida's garbage :rolleyes:

Well, it was kinda funny seeing like 10 straight posts quoting mine and calling me crazy haha

Wow, I saw this and couldn't believe the Braves even offered that. Aside from the fact that he had some early luck in the majors he has been practically useless. His numbers are practically on par with Emilio Bonifacio and he doesn't even have useless speed to impress our front office.

Sarcasm?

I think you were told off by everyone and had to back-pedal, thus making up the excuse of "sarcasm"

He didn't even get a real lashing. The stat-lovers didn't even bring the numbers into play.