Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

6/20 Post game

Featured Replies

this is off topic, but robert andino got 3 web gem nominees on baseball tonite.

 

 

 

 

A star before our eyes :D

this is off topic, but robert andino got 3 web gem nominees on baseball tonite.

 

 

 

 

A star before our eyes :D

 

personally i didn't even think the plays were that difficult, but whatever.

I must apologize to JJ. In the beginning of the year I said Ricky Nolasco is oue ace, not JJ. He is proving me wrong big time. I love him. Like Erick said, we need to sign him to a long term contract.

 

Despite the win, I am still concerned. Jeremy Hermida, after dominating the Blue Jays and cardinals, is 0 for his last 14. His OPS dropped from .805 to .764. He needs to pick it up.

I must apologize to JJ. In the beginning of the year I said Ricky Nolasco is oue ace, not JJ. He is proving me wrong big time. I love him. Like Erick said, we need to sign him to a long term contract.

 

Despite the win, I am still concerned. Jeremy Hermida, after dominating the Blue Jays and cardinals, is 0 for his last 14. His OPS dropped from .805 to .764. He needs to pick it up.

 

 

 

I was saying the same things...Nolasco DID pitch like an ace last year; he IS regaining his form from last year, it seems. I know 3 starts is a small sample, but, specifically, the last 2 have come against tough offenses...especially his last start, where he dominated Boston at Fenway.

 

Anyways...I also agree with your last little paragraph. The Marlins are like 0 for (30 something) with .RISP over the last 4 games. In the 5 games this week...we've scored 8 runs. That's not even 2 runs per game. Definitely not even close to good enough.

Only four games out of first place

 

:D

 

 

Not to be a party pooper but Philly, NY, and Atlanta all have 3 or 4 games in hand on the Marlins so its more like 6 or 7 games out of 1st place.

Since playing the Blue Jays, we haven't scored more than 2 runs in any game. That needs to end right now.

Only four games out of first place

 

 

 

 

Not to be a party pooper but Philly, NY, and Atlanta all have 3 or 4 games in hand on the Marlins so its more like 6 or 7 games out of 1st place.

I must apologize to JJ. In the beginning of the year I said Ricky Nolasco is oue ace, not JJ. He is proving me wrong big time. I love him. Like Erick said, we need to sign him to a long term contract.

 

Despite the win, I am still concerned. Jeremy Hermida, after dominating the Blue Jays and cardinals, is 0 for his last 14. His OPS dropped from .805 to .764. He needs to pick it up.

 

 

 

I was saying the same things...Nolasco DID pitch like an ace last year; he IS regaining his form from last year, it seems. I know 3 starts is a small sample, but, specifically, the last 2 have come against tough offenses...especially his last start, where he dominated Boston at Fenway.

 

Anyways...I also agree with your last little paragraph. The Marlins are like 0 for (30 something) with .RISP over the last 4 games. In the 5 games this week...we've scored 8 runs. That's not even 2 runs per game. Definitely not even close to good enough.

 

 

He is regaining his form from last year, but JJ is just on another level. I never expected him to pitch like this. It's like he's guaranteed 7 innings every start.

 

Just look at this numbers. 1.05 WHIP and a 2.66 ERA! If he doesn't make it to the All-Star game, f*ck life.

  • Author

I must apologize to JJ. In the beginning of the year I said Ricky Nolasco is oue ace, not JJ. He is proving me wrong big time. I love him. Like Erick said, we need to sign him to a long term contract.

 

Despite the win, I am still concerned. Jeremy Hermida, after dominating the Blue Jays and cardinals, is 0 for his last 14. His OPS dropped from .805 to .764. He needs to pick it up.

 

 

 

I was saying the same things...Nolasco DID pitch like an ace last year; he IS regaining his form from last year, it seems. I know 3 starts is a small sample, but, specifically, the last 2 have come against tough offenses...especially his last start, where he dominated Boston at Fenway.

 

Anyways...I also agree with your last little paragraph. The Marlins are like 0 for (30 something) with .RISP over the last 4 games. In the 5 games this week...we've scored 8 runs. That's not even 2 runs per game. Definitely not even close to good enough.

0-26.

Only four games out of first place

 

 

 

 

Not to be a party pooper but Philly, NY, and Atlanta all have 3 or 4 games in hand on the Marlins so its more like 6 or 7 games out of 1st place.

 

 

Um, this isn't football hun. If there's a tie, it doesn't matter if they beat us previously :lol

Only four games out of first place

 

:D

 

 

Not to be a party pooper but Philly, NY, and Atlanta all have 3 or 4 games in hand on the Marlins so its more like 6 or 7 games out of 1st place.

 

Games in hand? What is that? There's no one in this division the Marlins can't beat. They just have to stop playing like drunks when they hit the ball.

so i just watched the recap on baseball tonite and they were showing how burnett stuck out bonifacio on 3 pitches. and fernando vina said that, that was impressive by burnett because bonifacio is a terrific player with great eye-hand coordination. that just made my day because if he had actaully ever seen bonifacio bat he would have known he swings through strikes often, especially high strikes.

 

 

 

Did they also talk about how he walked Hermida on 4 pitches? f***ing douchebags.

I must apologize to JJ. In the beginning of the year I said Ricky Nolasco is oue ace, not JJ. He is proving me wrong big time. I love him. Like Erick said, we need to sign him to a long term contract.

 

Despite the win, I am still concerned. Jeremy Hermida, after dominating the Blue Jays and cardinals, is 0 for his last 14. His OPS dropped from .805 to .764. He needs to pick it up.

 

 

 

I was saying the same things...Nolasco DID pitch like an ace last year; he IS regaining his form from last year, it seems. I know 3 starts is a small sample, but, specifically, the last 2 have come against tough offenses...especially his last start, where he dominated Boston at Fenway.

 

Anyways...I also agree with your last little paragraph. The Marlins are like 0 for (30 something) with .RISP over the last 4 games. In the 5 games this week...we've scored 8 runs. That's not even 2 runs per game. Definitely not even close to good enough.

 

 

He is regaining his form from last year, but JJ is just on another level. I never expected him to pitch like this. It's like he's guaranteed 7 innings every start.

 

Just look at this numbers. 1.05 WHIP and a 2.66 ERA! If he doesn't make it to the All-Star game, f*ck life.

 

 

Yeah, and stuff wise, he actually looks like a real ace. The Tommy John surgery has made him better. He was already good, but now he's just sick. I've never seen a 99 mph fastball with such movement like JJ's.

I must apologize to JJ. In the beginning of the year I said Ricky Nolasco is oue ace, not JJ. He is proving me wrong big time. I love him. Like Erick said, we need to sign him to a long term contract.

 

Despite the win, I am still concerned. Jeremy Hermida, after dominating the Blue Jays and cardinals, is 0 for his last 14. His OPS dropped from .805 to .764. He needs to pick it up.

 

 

 

I was saying the same things...Nolasco DID pitch like an ace last year; he IS regaining his form from last year, it seems. I know 3 starts is a small sample, but, specifically, the last 2 have come against tough offenses...especially his last start, where he dominated Boston at Fenway.

 

Anyways...I also agree with your last little paragraph. The Marlins are like 0 for (30 something) with .RISP over the last 4 games. In the 5 games this week...we've scored 8 runs. That's not even 2 runs per game. Definitely not even close to good enough.

0-26.

 

Thanks.

Night after night I put up with ESPN's lack of respect of the Marlins, but I can't believe they didn't even mention JJ"s performance tonight

Night after night I put up with ESPN's lack of respect of the Marlins, but I can't believe they didn't even mention JJ"s performance tonight

 

 

 

 

Did they really not mention JJ??? I have ESPN on right now, waiting for another showing of baseball tonight. If they don't talk about his performance, I'm going to go nuts. :banghead

To be fair berthume(sp) did say at the end of the highlight " what a performance by Johnson and read his line.

 

I've been saying jj would be our best pitchers since the end of last year. From what I've heard and saw on tv scouts say jj has some of the best stuff in the nl. I'm just praying the I ricky who thought would at least give jj a run for his money as the ace comes back. So fan he seems to be coming around.

The Marlins win theEeEeEeEeEe marlins win !!!!!!!!!!!! i was at the game and holt sh*t it was awesome it was intense

Well if you read Clark spencers article in the hearld " where will josh Johnson be in 2012" his agent believes josh should get a contract some where between what aj just got and cc. I sure all hell don't see the marlins shelling out that dough.

Well if you read Clark spencers article in the hearld " where will josh Johnson be in 2012" his agent believes josh should get a contract some where between what aj just got and cc. I sure all hell don't see the marlins shelling out that dough.

 

 

I don't see the Marlins doing that but I'm kind of hoping for a long term contract, although I believe heard Samson say somewhere that the Marlins don't believe in giving long term contracts to pitchers.

Only four games out of first place

 

 

 

 

Not to be a party pooper but Philly, NY, and Atlanta all have 3 or 4 games in hand on the Marlins so its more like 6 or 7 games out of 1st place.

 

 

Um, this isn't football hun. If there's a tie, it doesn't matter if they beat us previously :lol

:confused

I just meant if that the GB number is misleading since the other 3 teams have played fewer games than the Marlins. Or a different number of games period.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.