This bullpen is.......

...fixable with one or two trades. (And I don't mean go get a closer or something, just a couple middle inning guys, then you bring Pinto back and leave Tank as a LOOGY, and we're done.)

i would rather have cody

That's because you hate pitchers with low ERA's who don't allow a lot of inherited runners to score.

Yeah, that's right, that's Renyel Pinto I'm talking about, whether or not some people want to accept it.

...fixable with one or two trades. (And I don't mean go get a closer or something, just a couple middle inning guys, then you bring Pinto back and leave Tank as a LOOGY, and we're done.)

i would rather have cody

Tommy's a lefty [Hutton]. What about him. :)

i would rather have cody

That's because you hate pitchers with low ERA's who don't allow a lot of inherited runners to score.

Yeah, that's right, that's Renyel Pinto I'm talking about, whether or not some people want to accept it.

no i just dont like the guy who gives me a heartattack everytime he comes in. like hitting adam dunn with the bases loaded this year. never has had a good whip 1.4 this year i believe and 1.5 last year. opponents have a .370 obp against him. thats not very good. not saying he is the only one bad in this pen but he has blown 6 saves in the last 2 years and has a grand total of 0 saves. stats can be decieving but this guy is not very good.

on a serious note are there any rumors on who could be available? maybe a few guys we should keep on our radar?

i would rather have cody

no i just dont like the guy who gives me a heartattack everytime he comes in. like hitting adam dunn with the bases loaded this year. never has had a good whip 1.4 this year i believe and 1.5 last year. opponents have a .370 obp against him. thats not very good. not saying he is the only one bad in this pen but he has blown 6 saves in the last 2 years and has a grand total of 0 saves. stats can be decieving but this guy is not very good.

on a serious note are there any rumors on who could be available? maybe a few guys we should keep on our radar?

Yeah, he puts a lot of guys on, but as you said, stats can be deceiving, especially if you're only focusing on 1 stat. Is Pinto a waiting heart attack? Sure, but he gets out of it. That's just Pinto. What he's bad at is keeping guys off base, what he's good at is making sure those guys stay on base and don't reach the plate. He's got a career 3.60 ERA, to which way too many people say "well that's because he always lets other people's runs in and it doesn't affect his ERA." Well, he has a career 28% inherited runners scoring percentage, which is above average. He's a bit worse this year but it's a tiny sample size.

Would I rather Pinto just come in and mow people down? Sure. But more importantly I want pitchers who don't allow guys to score and Pinto has been good at that for the last 5 seasons.

i would rather have cody

Yeah, he puts a lot of guys on, but as you said, stats can be deceiving, especially if you're only focusing on 1 stat. Is Pinto a waiting heart attack? Sure, but he gets out of it. That's just Pinto. What he's bad at is keeping guys off base, what he's good at is making sure those guys stay on base and don't reach the plate. He's got a career 3.60 ERA, to which way too many people say "well that's because he always lets other people's runs in and it doesn't affect his ERA." Well, he has a career 28% inherited runners scoring percentage, which is above average. He's a bit worse this year but it's a tiny sample size.

Would I rather Pinto just come in and mow people down? Sure. But more importantly I want pitchers who don't allow guys to score and Pinto has been good at that for the last 5 seasons.

Pinto is awful. He has no control and you never know what you are going to get from him. Is he better then most players in our bullpen right now? yes. but that is like being the fastest guy in the wheelchair races. At the end of the day his stats look good, but sometimes you have to watch guys and base your opinion off that and you cant tell me you ever feel comfortable if he comes into a close game.

Would you want him on the mound in the playoffs in a close game?