6/13 Post Game

gizmo

Fun stuff! Cousins was crazy. Volstad did great especially considering some of the calls. Great to take the series against the odious Rays. :)

Cousins?

Darryl Cousins the Umpire, NOT Scott Cousins

:lol what Cyggy wrote I meant the home plate umpire Darryl Cousins.

The Rays fans near us were complaining that Hanley was out at second on the steal, I kindly pointed out that Jim Joyce under no circumstances misses a call :whistle

It was good to see Hanley up and running again.

He was never out at second, Kelly Shoppach couldn't have thrown me out with a broken ankle the way he was throwing the ball.

Tim Kurkjian just described Wes Helms homer as "Helm's Deep".

Two points for Marlins highlights+LotR reference

LOL, next thing you know each Marlin will be compared to a different LOTR character as part of the Fellowship of the World Series Rings... Selig can be Gollum

When's the last time all 5 teams in a division won games on the same exact day while none of them lost a game?

Thats a good question. It seems like something that would be kind of rare, considering they would all have to be playing out of division opponents. But im guessing it happens a few times a year.

Volstad showed great composure to escape the 5th inning jam after some terrible pitch calls by the HP umpire. Reminded me of 2008 Volstad by working out of trouble and not letting certain factors affect him.

Could Hanley be on the verge of breaking out after 2 hits and 2 steals?

The Rays fans near us were complaining that Hanley was out at second on the steal, I kindly pointed out that Jim Joyce under no circumstances misses a call :whistle

From our angle, behind the Marlins batters box, it looked like he slid under that tag. The Rays fans around us were also complaining about it.

Of course we had one guy that kept yelling "Traitor!!!" the first time Cantu came up. I asked him how he could be considered a traitor since they chose to get rid of him, he didn't want to leave. Got a wise ass answer in return. So the next time Cantu came up and he started his yelling I just told him Cantu decided he wanted to go to a team that could actually beat the Phillies. Even had the rest of the Rays fans laughing, and he never yelled it again.

From our angle, behind the Marlins batters box, it looked like he slid under that tag. The Rays fans around us were also complaining about it.

Of course we had one guy that kept yelling "Traitor!!!" the first time Cantu came up. I asked him how he could be considered a traitor since they chose to get rid of him, he didn't want to leave. Got a wise ass answer in return. So the next time Cantu came up and he started his yelling I just told him Cantu decided he wanted to go to a team that could actually beat the Phillies. Even had the rest of the Rays fans laughing, and he never yelled it again.

What was the answer? I don't see how Cantu could be considered a "traitor," either.

What was the answer? I don't see how Cantu could be considered a "traitor," either.

Really dosen't matter. His fellow Rays fans didn't seem to agree with him either. And it was all in good fun. He was really a pretty good guy and well informed on his team to talk with during the game.

Question tho. What did the announcers think of the Uggla catch that allowed the runner to score? I thought Cody should have called him off and made the throw. Cody had momentum on his side and had the better opportunity to get the guy out or make him hold. Uggla was moving backwards. Of course I could also see how Cody could have lost that ball in that roof. Alot of times I lost it once it went through the lights and back into that white roof. Just wondering if the announcers even mentioned it. I'm assuming Rich and Tommy did the game, at least I saw them there apparently doing it.

Just wondering if the announcers even mentioned it.

Oh, yeah. They jumped all over the obvious mistake. I couldn't believe that Uggla, after what, 5 years in this league, would make such a rookie mistake. Yet he did. So it goes.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.