Floyd and Lilly both very good pitchers in White Sox vs Cubs matchup

Rabbethan

And Juan Pierre ruins everything

Nobody's no-hitting a team with Juan Pierre on it. I'd kill to have him back in a Marlins uniform.

All of our outfielders are better than Juan Pierre, and much, MUCH cheaper, as well. By the way, our outfielders aren't only better than Pierre, they're significantly better.

Nobody's no-hitting a team with Juan Pierre on it. I'd kill to have him back in a Marlins uniform.

All of our outfielders are better than Juan Pierre, and much, MUCH cheaper, as well. By the way, our outfielders aren't only better than Pierre, they're significantly better.

I was thinking more offensively. He leads MLB in SB"s and there's one or 2 other stats he's among the leaders in. I can't remember what they are. Rich and Tommy mentioned them we we played the WS a couple weeks ago. He apparently leads MLB in singles. Of his 60 hits, 54 are singles. Besides stats, his peskiness would be very valuable. The Marlins don't have anyone that's pesky. He may be a defensive liability, but he was good enough for the '03 team to win a championship. He may have single handedly won game 1 of the WS that year. And its not like he as bad as Hermida was.

I was thinking more offensively. He leads MLB in SB"s and there's one or 2 other stats he's among the leaders in. I can't remember what they are. Rich and Tommy mentioned them we we played the WS a couple weeks ago. He apparently leads MLB in singles. Of his 60 hits, 54 are singles. Besides stats, his peskiness would be very valuable. The Marlins don't have anyone that's pesky. He may be a defensive liability, but he was good enough for the '03 team to win a championship. He may have single handedly won game 1 of the WS that year. And its not like he as bad as Hermida was.

That was 7 seasons ago. Right now he's just a guy who hits .245/.313/.270. There's nothing positive about having a .270 slugging percentage, no matter how "pesky" it is, He barely ever gets hits or gets on base and when he does, they aren't dangerous hits.

1. SB's mean little when you're producing like Pierre is, offensively.

2. 90% of his hits being singles doesn't mean much at all. It just says he has absolutely no power to go along with his mediocre .316 .OBP this year.

3. He helped us win the World Series because he was a much better player back then. Right now, he's having the worst year of his career, and the past couple of years, he's shown that he's not the same caliber of player he once was.

4. Why bring up Hermida? He's no longer here.

Coghlan - $0.475m

Pierre - $7m

Is peskiness worth $6.5m? :mischief