Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

6/18 Post Game

Featured Replies

Marlins win 7-4 and are now 3-1 vs the Rays this season.

 

Mike Stanton 2-4 GS (1) 4 RBI

Nate Robertson- W (5-5) 6 IP 5 H 3 ER 1BB 6K

 

2B: Coghlan, 2 (14), Paulino (11)

HR: Stanton GS (1)

 

Solid Game with good plate approach against a today wild Matt Garza.

 

Giancarlo Comes through with his first homerun!

 

THE LEGEND HAS BEGUN.

Hermida's first homerun, GS.

Stanton's first homerun, GS.

 

 

You have committed a sin with those words...

Nice to see Brian Sanches step up, and pitch a clean 8th inning. Also nice to see Leo Nunez bounce back with a 1-2-3 inning, getting 3 groundball outs. Tank got a tough lefty, too. Scott Strickland is throwing 86-87 mph fastballs...not the same guy from 5 years ago, apparently. I could be wrong, but I remember him throwing in the low 90's.

Hermida's first homerun, GS.

Stanton's first homerun, GS.

 

 

Well it wasn't in his first AB so hopefully were ok.

good win and nice to see nate settle in as I left after the first.

 

dont like hanleys two errors at all and that is sort of a damper on the win.

 

but yet this is just one win and we need a lot more.

good win and nice to see nate settle in as I left after the first.

 

dont like hanleys two errors at all and that is sort of a damper on the win.

 

but yet this is just one win and we need a lot more.

 

Then right after he made first error he took strike three looking

good win and nice to see nate settle in as I left after the first.

 

dont like hanleys two errors at all and that is sort of a damper on the win.

 

but yet this is just one win and we need a lot more.

 

Then right after he made first error he took strike three looking

And before his first error he had an RBI single and before that he had a walk that turned into a run on GC Mike's HR.

Hermida's first homerun, GS.

Stanton's first homerun, GS.

 

 

Hermida - flashy type player who had to go hit his 1st homerun on his 1st at bat

Stanton - laid back type player that didnt rush things on the fans, thus not rushing our expectations like that of Hermida

 

Yes, I've corrected everything. I am a wizard. Go me.

Hermida's first homerun, GS.

Stanton's first homerun, GS.

 

 

Hermida - flashy type player who had to go hit his 1st homerun on his 1st at bat

Stanton - laid back type player that didnt rush things on the fans, thus not rushing our expectations like that of Hermida

 

Yes, I've corrected everything. I am a wizard. Go me.

YOUR EVIL MAGIC MUST BE DESTROYED!

Ash - thanks for posting.

 

We win. Yay.

 

 

 

No problem. I know some people didn't see it live like me, so I figured why not.

good win and nice to see nate settle in as I left after the first.

 

dont like hanleys two errors at all and that is sort of a damper on the win.

 

but yet this is just one win and we need a lot more.

 

Then right after he made first error he took strike three looking

And before his first error he had an RBI single and before that he had a walk that turned into a run on GC Mike's HR.

So what? I'm talking about what he did AFTER the error

Not to be a gloomy Gus but... If not for Stanton's GS, it would've been another typical loss. No offense after the 2nd and the BP gave up what would've bee the winning run for the Rays in the 7th.

 

I didn't see the game, but Robertson only threw 88 pitches. Why didn't he pitch the 7th? He surely wouldn't have been as bad as Strickland was. I don't know how much longer I can stomach MLB startnig pitchers being treated like a carton of eggs. It's driving me insane. I know the reasons(If teams were allowed to have say 30-35 guys on the roster, would all the high salary position players be lifted in the 6th inning every game too?:rolleyes:). The Marlins need to make Nolan Ryan their manager. That'll solve the BP problem because he'll almost never use it.:rolleyes:

Hermida's first homerun, GS.

Stanton's first homerun, GS.

 

 

Hermida - flashy type player who had to go hit his 1st homerun on his 1st at bat

Stanton - laid back type player that didnt rush things on the fans, thus not rushing our expectations like that of Hermida

 

Yes, I've corrected everything. I am a wizard. Go me.

 

 

I suppose that's one way of looking at it. Especially if you go by the box score and/or ignore the game itself.

 

Garza wasn't able to get any of his off speed stuff over the plate. The kind of stuff Stanton has yet to show an ability to hit. It's why he was 0-12 with 6 Ks and no BBs on this homestand going into that AB. Everyone watching knew the fastball was coming on that pitch. The only real surprise was that it just barely cleared the wall. Heck, watching Garza pitch to the guys in front of Mike, I thought this was the best opportunity yet to show his power when he stepped into the batters box. My bet is that the entire bench were collectively licking their lips when he stepped up.

 

Glad he got that first dinger out of the way. Being a granny is irrelevant, IMO. Looks nice in the record books, but....... With the right coaching this kid is going to be a real good one. I am a little surprised his defense has been so good. Guess listening to the scouts dosen't always pay off. I really like the kid, but let's not get carried away just yet. I'll get excited when he can hit (or lay off) the off speed pitches with anything close to consistency. He will show that, but not just yet.

 

I'm sticking with my prediction. We are witnessing the end of the Jim Preley era.

good win and nice to see nate settle in as I left after the first.

 

dont like hanleys two errors at all and that is sort of a damper on the win.

 

but yet this is just one win and we need a lot more.

 

Then right after he made first error he took strike three looking

And before his first error he had an RBI single and before that he had a walk that turned into a run on GC Mike's HR.

So what? I'm talking about what he did AFTER the error

 

Ah yes. What have you done for me lately.

Who knows what'll happen tomorrow, but Stanton won this game.

 

At 3 and 2, I yelled at the TV "put it in the damned seats and make your first HR a big one." And so he did, but it didn't hit a seat, it barely cleared the wall. He got under it by about a quarter of an inch. Anyone else does that and it's a routine fly ball out. Close enough for powerful-rookie work. Far be it from me to complain.

 

Perhaps he'll be our version of Heyward for the Braves, who now have the best record in the NL with 40 wins. Adding him was like cloning their best guy.

 

Considering that Stanton replaced the hole in the line-up formerly known as Maybin, that's a huge improvement and might be enough of a difference to stay in contention. Assuming that the errors abate and the pen reverts to being merely average.

 

Stranger things have happened.

Hermida's first homerun, GS.

Stanton's first homerun, GS.

 

 

Hermida - flashy type player who had to go hit his 1st homerun on his 1st at bat

Stanton - laid back type player that didnt rush things on the fans, thus not rushing our expectations like that of Hermida

 

Yes, I've corrected everything. I am a wizard. Go me.

 

 

I suppose that's one way of looking at it. Especially if you go by the box score and/or ignore the game itself.

 

Garza wasn't able to get any of his off speed stuff over the plate. The kind of stuff Stanton has yet to show an ability to hit. It's why he was 0-12 with 6 Ks and no BBs on this homestand going into that AB. Everyone watching knew the fastball was coming on that pitch. The only real surprise was that it just barely cleared the wall. Heck, watching Garza pitch to the guys in front of Mike, I thought this was the best opportunity yet to show his power when he stepped into the batters box. My bet is that the entire bench were collectively licking their lips when he stepped up.

 

Glad he got that first dinger out of the way. Being a granny is irrelevant, IMO. Looks nice in the record books, but....... With the right coaching this kid is going to be a real good one. I am a little surprised his defense has been so good. Guess listening to the scouts dosen't always pay off. I really like the kid, but let's not get carried away just yet. I'll get excited when he can hit (or lay off) the off speed pitches with anything close to consistency. He will show that, but not just yet.

 

I'm sticking with my prediction. We are witnessing the end of the Jim Preley era.

 

I'm pretty sure Dr. B was joking...........

 

I've always heard that he would be an above-average defender and that he's extremely athletic. There was one report that said he was a little stiff in RF, but there were several other reports which said he could even handle CF if he had to. Overall, scouts had him tabbed as above-average defensively.

To me he makes things look very easy in right. The first game vs the phils there was a ball in the corner and in real time he looked like he just slowed everything down and made it look easy. Good sign plus his arm is great.

I'm distraught now that I couldn't watch last nights game. Seeing Stanton's first ever Marlins HR/GS live is an opportunity I will never get back.....

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.