Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

8/13 Post Game

Featured Replies

JJ didnt have it today, the offense sucked, Stanton is the God of the Gods, and im drunk.

I'm doing things to a picture of Mike Stanton that is considered illegal in 34 states.

  • Author

I'm doing things to a picture of Mike Stanton that is considered illegal in 34 states.

 

 

As I said in the game thread, I love you Dim

Also, thank you to whoever put Mike Stanton's debut game thread in the Hall of Fame.

JJ didnt have it today, the offense sucked, Stanton is the God of the Gods, and im drunk.

 

 

I can see the headline. On Espn. Friday the 13th is an unlucky day and Josh Johnson found that out the hard way.

I still think there is a possibility that JJ isn't feeling well. He was sweating up a storm before he was pulled. Weather was an excuse because temp/humidity was similar here/there. I've been to Cincy numerous times and in summer it sucks just as it sucks in So FL, i.e., temp/humidity but down here we're more likely to dress more casually and in sandals. OH, it's REAL hilly there, lol, and the streets are frozen a lot of days in the winter.

I still think there is a possibility that JJ isn't feeling well. He was sweating up a storm before he was pulled. Weather was an excuse because temp/humidity was similar here/there. I've been to Cincy numerous times and in summer it sucks just as it sucks in So FL, i.e., temp/humidity but down here we're more likely to dress more casually and in sandals. OH, it's REAL hilly there, lol, and the streets are frozen a lot of days in the winter.

 

 

He just didn't have it...every top pitcher has a tough start like this. At least he gets Pitt next.

The Marlins have yet to lose a game when Donnie Murphy starts.

 

Donnie Murphy is put on the bench and what happens? The Marlins lose.

 

Coincidence?

 

Also, Mike Stanton sits on a .301 ISO. Only one player in the history of the game has finished with an ISO over 300 at the age of 20 or younger (Mel Ott, .307). You look at the numbers he's putting up at his age, and compare it to other players in the history of the game...all of them are in the hall of fame, will be in the hall of fame, or would have been in the hall of fame if not for injuries.

Last 5 games we've gone 4-1, and gained.... 0 games on the Braves. F'in awesome.

 

We have got to stop starting JJ with a 4 game win streak, it's freaking jinx.

Last 5 games we've gone 4-1, and gained.... 0 games on the Braves. F'in awesome.

 

We have got to stop starting JJ with a 4 game win streak, it's freaking jinx.

 

 

its been like that the whole year....everytime we win we dont gain sh*t.

Last 5 games we've gone 4-1, and gained.... 0 games on the Braves. F'in awesome.

 

We have got to stop starting JJ with a 4 game win streak, it's freaking jinx.

 

 

Last time it was actually a 3 game winning streak.

The Marlins have yet to lose a game when Donnie Murphy starts.

 

Donnie Murphy is put on the bench and what happens? The Marlins lose.

 

Coincidence?

 

Also, Mike Stanton sits on a .301 ISO. Only one player in the history of the game has finished with an ISO over 300 at the age of 20 or younger (Mel Ott, .307). You look at the numbers he's putting up at his age, and compare it to other players in the history of the game...all of them are in the hall of fame, will be in the hall of fame, or would have been in the hall of fame if not for injuries.

 

 

The dominoes are falling; everyone is out-of-control in love with this guy.

 

Even MarlinsLou is "expecting" an .875 OPS. When he starts fawning like the rest of us, it's all over.

Mike Stanton is sexy.

 

In a way, I'm kind of glad JJ had a bad game. The pressure of him having to win the Cy Young for me is gone,

Mike Stanton is sexy.

 

In a way, I'm kind of glad JJ had a bad game. The pressure of him having to win the Cy Young for me is gone,

 

 

Yeah, I heard that after tonight's game, he was mumbling something about "I'm sorry Ashraf, f***."

Mike Stanton is sexy.

 

In a way, I'm kind of glad JJ had a bad game. The pressure of him having to win the Cy Young for me is gone,

 

 

Yeah, I heard that after tonight's game, he was mumbling something about "I'm sorry Ashraf, f***."

 

lmao.

 

I was working up a sweat, man. Seriously, I didn't want to have another Willis/Carpenter situation where our pitcher loses because his lack of wins. I would have snapped.

When does Mike move out of the 6 spot?

 

 

Most Likely in Spring Training.

 

Heck with that. Give a guy who hits like Mike the possibility of fewer ABs per game by having him hit 6th? He should be ahead of Cody at least

When does Mike move out of the 6 spot?

 

 

Most Likely in Spring Training.

 

Heck with that. Give a guy who hits like Mike the possibility of fewer ABs per game by having him hit 6th? He should be ahead of Cody at least

 

I don't mind moving him in slowly.

It's not like we didn't try putting him in the 5 spot for two games.

He went 0 for 8 with 5 K's and it's when he was coming of a hot streak.

Leave him as is right now in the 6th hole, he's hitting over .440 with 6 HR in the spot and looks comfortable at the plate then we progress him into the 5th spot next Spring and then have him their on opening day. (pending if Uggla resigns)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.