Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2011-12 NFL Thread

Featured Replies

  • Author

You're throwing around Campbell and Flynn.

 

Those aren't franchise QBs, something this franchise desperately needs.

 

However, if you are going to go down that road, there's no reason to look any further than Matt Moore. He's ideally one of the more underrated guys, especially if you look at his performance this season and from last year.

 

Put a good team around him and you never know what might happen.

I really, really doubt the Colts trade down. I think most likely scenario is they release Manning and draft Luck.

 

Why do you think the Colts would release Manning rather than trading him? Somebody has to be willing to give up a good bit for him, no?

David Garrard after he fixes his back. :exercise

Caleb isn't a bad QB - if I were a Bears fan, I'd look forward to seeing what he can do.

 

As a Skins fan, I'm excited to see if we can draft Luck. Gotta root for Minny to win a few more though. If Indy is smart, they'll trade down their #1 pick.

 

Bears looked like the only team that could take down GB.. they were playing really well. This is a tough blow. Hanie did not look good in the preseason.. so we'll see what happens.

I agree. Barkley and Luck are probably not going to happen unless we manage a trade which I doubt.

 

But, there aren't many QB's available for us. I would not trade for Campbell or Flynn and hope they end up as QBs who can take us to the playoffs.

 

My ideal scenario would be to sign Manning if he is released, and then draft Jones/Griffin/Tannehil and let them sit behind Manning. If that isn't possible, then engineer a trade to move up and select Barkley. If that isn't possible, I would be willing to draft Weeden in the first.

 

 

Also, regarding that, if someone's good he's good and sure that would be cool if he can make an immediate impact.

 

However, I would never draft a 28-year old QB in the first round.

 

I would rather draft Weeden than sign Jason Campbell.

I agree. Barkley and Luck are probably not going to happen unless we manage a trade which I doubt.

 

But, there aren't many QB's available for us. I would not trade for Campbell or Flynn and hope they end up as QBs who can take us to the playoffs.

 

My ideal scenario would be to sign Manning if he is released, and then draft Jones/Griffin/Tannehil and let them sit behind Manning. If that isn't possible, then engineer a trade to move up and select Barkley. If that isn't possible, I would be willing to draft Weeden in the first.

 

 

Also, regarding that, if someone's good he's good and sure that would be cool if he can make an immediate impact.

 

However, I would never draft a 28-year old QB in the first round.

 

I would rather draft Weeden than sign Jason Campbell.

 

I'd rather draft Weeden's WR who makes Weeden look better than he is or some guy who has the potential to be great for many more years than the 28-year old guy.

You're throwing around Campbell and Flynn.

 

Those aren't franchise QBs, something this franchise desperately needs.

 

However, if you are going to go down that road, there's no reason to look any further than Matt Moore. He's ideally one of the more underrated guys, especially if you look at his performance this season and from last year.

 

Put a good team around him and you never know what might happen.

 

 

Same can be said for the Weeden's of the world.

I agree. Barkley and Luck are probably not going to happen unless we manage a trade which I doubt.

 

But, there aren't many QB's available for us. I would not trade for Campbell or Flynn and hope they end up as QBs who can take us to the playoffs.

 

My ideal scenario would be to sign Manning if he is released, and then draft Jones/Griffin/Tannehil and let them sit behind Manning. If that isn't possible, then engineer a trade to move up and select Barkley. If that isn't possible, I would be willing to draft Weeden in the first.

 

 

Also, regarding that, if someone's good he's good and sure that would be cool if he can make an immediate impact.

 

However, I would never draft a 28-year old QB in the first round.

 

I would rather draft Weeden than sign Jason Campbell.

 

I'd rather draft Weeden's WR who makes Weeden look better than he is or some guy who has the potential to be great for many more years than the 28-year old guy.

 

If you're drafting Weeden, chances are Blackmon's long gone. Weeden's not going to be a top-15 pick.

 

Also, Blackmon's been slightly less effective as a big play receiver this year, while Weeden's been a better QB. So I think you're overstating that. Weeden's a really good passer.

I agree. Barkley and Luck are probably not going to happen unless we manage a trade which I doubt.

 

But, there aren't many QB's available for us. I would not trade for Campbell or Flynn and hope they end up as QBs who can take us to the playoffs.

 

My ideal scenario would be to sign Manning if he is released, and then draft Jones/Griffin/Tannehil and let them sit behind Manning. If that isn't possible, then engineer a trade to move up and select Barkley. If that isn't possible, I would be willing to draft Weeden in the first.

 

 

Also, regarding that, if someone's good he's good and sure that would be cool if he can make an immediate impact.

 

However, I would never draft a 28-year old QB in the first round.

 

I would rather draft Weeden than sign Jason Campbell.

 

I'd rather draft Weeden's WR who makes Weeden look better than he is or some guy who has the potential to be great for many more years than the 28-year old guy.

 

If you're drafting Weeden, chances are Blackmon's long gone. Weeden's not going to be a top-15 pick.

 

Also, Blackmon's been slightly less effective as a big play receiver this year, while Weeden's been a better QB. So I think you're overstating that. Weeden's a really good passer.

 

With the exception of Texas, every defense in the big-12 is either really mediocre or flat out terrible statistically this year.

Bit surprising that a Vince Young led Eagles beat the Giants last night

 

 

I don't find it surprising at all. I've always had more faith in VY than most.

 

Also, this is a QB's league these days. If the Phins are going to trade for a QB, or make a move in free agency, they've got to do better than Campbell.

kinda random but at least one former Miami Hurricane player had scored 149 straight weeks in a row in the NFL until this past weekend.

 

Started way back in December, week 15 of 2002.

 

You mean the streak is over?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! The slow painful death of the once proud UM football program continues.

How about them PAC-12 defense?

 

 

Comparing apples to oranges. I've already said I wouldn't expect Luck, Barkley, or any rookie QB to come into the NFL and be great right away. It takes awhile for NFL QB's to develop.

 

By the time Weeden develops, he'll be in his 30's and you'll be performing the same cycle again a couple years later.

How about them PAC-12 defense?

 

 

Comparing apples to oranges. I've already said I wouldn't expect Luck, Barkley, or any rookie QB to come into the NFL and be great right away. It takes awhile for NFL QB's to develop.

 

By the time Weeden develops, he'll be in his 30's and you'll be performing the same cycle again a couple years later.

 

Cam Newton did it.

How about them PAC-12 defense?

 

 

Comparing apples to oranges.

 

You made a point of showing that Big 12 defenses are poor this year when I said he's "a really good passer". PAC-12 defense are really bad as well. Does that mean Barkley or Luck can't be good passers? I don't see how it's apples to oranges.

 

Nobody is saying Weeden is a perfect choice; you only pick him if you think he can step in right away and play at an above average level.

 

It's a risk to be sure, however, he's as physically developed as he'll ever be, he can make every single throw on the field, he's super accurate, and he's shown great decision making. If a team think he's ready to contribute, then he's worth a late first-round pick, which is all I said.

Fred Jackson is out Sunday and maybe for the season.

 

Jets catch a break there. They need every break they can get.

I think the best scenario involving Weeden would be to trade back, pick up another 2nd, then draft him.

Fred Jackson is out Sunday and maybe for the season.

 

Jets catch a break there. They need every break they can get.

 

 

He's out for the season. It's premature but I think they're out of the race. Just one less team to go through.

Fred Jackson is out Sunday and maybe for the season.

 

Jets catch a break there. They need every break they can get.

 

 

He's out for the season. It's premature but I think they're out of the race. Just one less team to go through.

 

I think they took themselves out of the race with that loss to the Dolphins last Sunday.

 

The amazing thing is that even though the Jets lost to Denver, everyone else ahead of them also lost. The only team ahead of them in the wild card (6th seed) is Cincy. The Bengals still have games against Pitt, Baltimore and Houston.

 

If the Jets win the next three games (Buffalo, @ Washington, KC) they should be in the drivers seat for the playoffs. But, after last Thursday, that might be a big if.

Yea, I just wouldn't put any faith in on the Jets when Mark Sanchez is the QB.

 

I can see the Jets finishing with 9 wins to end the season. Wins against Buffalo, Washington, Kansas City, and Miami. I'm not sure that would be enough.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.