Does anyone hate Hanley as much as I do?

I see now that you are white. I misinterpreted your original post...I apologize. Go back and read it. It seems like a pretty easy mistake to make.

With that being said, I still don't know what you were getting at. Hanley had a good night tonight, but he is still not performing at the expectatiin of his salary. While yes, I would like to see LoMo play better, the Marlins havent invested a boatload of money into him yet. Heath Bell has caught plenty of criticism while he has sucked....

Hanley is a dumb bitch; in any color you paint him. His arrogance is preventing him from being a professional. He doesn't work hard enough at his craft and it's starting to show that he can't adapt to pitchers in this league. He needs to develop a better eye at the plate and be content with walks.

Until then, Hanley could roll out of bed and not get a hit.

He's 3rd on the team in walks behind our lead off hitter and our number 8 hitter (a person who might naturally get some freebie walks just based on his spot in the lineup). He's also 4th among 3rd baseman in walks in the entire league.

So, yeah.

I see now that you are white. I misinterpreted your original post...I apologize. Go back and read it. It seems like a pretty easy mistake to make.

With that being said, I still don't know what you were getting at. Hanley had a good night tonight, but he is still not performing at the expectatiin of his salary. While yes, I would like to see LoMo play better, the Marlins havent invested a boatload of money into him yet. Heath Bell has caught plenty of criticism while he has sucked....

Hanley is a dumb bitch; in any color you paint him. His arrogance is preventing him from being a professional. He doesn't work hard enough at his craft and it's starting to show that he can't adapt to pitchers in this league. He needs to develop a better eye at the plate and be content with walks.

That says it all right there. Hanley ain't right in the head.

He's 3rd on the team in walks behind our lead off hitter and our number 8 hitter (a person who might naturally get some freebie walks just based on his spot in the lineup). He's also 4th among 3rd baseman in walks in the entire league.

So, yeah.

He's also batting in front a strike out machine and can easily be pitched around. He's swinging at ugly pitches and it's preventing him from getting his pitch, which is why he needs a better eye.

Plate discipline and walks are two different things.

So yeah...

Hanleys a dumb SOB

Maybe this has been advanced - I haven't sorted thru this whole and numerous other threads.

But, could it be that Hanley ran on "natural ability" thru 2010, and then just ran out of gas? Lot's of players flash in the pan (see Coghlan) - maybe Hanley flashed just a little longer. The big bucks probably didn't help him stay hungry, either.

All that being said, he seems to be the type who could flourish with the right team around him - say a Pujols or some other veteran accomplished player. We had that briefly with LGon, but the effect was short=lived.

So, it may be time to at least shop him - no way he gets better without a mentor, IMHO.

Fire when ready................

Maybe this has been advanced - I haven't sorted thru this whole and numerous other threads.

But, could it be that Hanley ran on "natural ability" thru 2010, and then just ran out of gas? Lot's of players flash in the pan (see Coghlan) - maybe Hanley flashed just a little longer. The big bucks probably didn't help him stay hungry, either.

All that being said, he seems to be the type who could flourish with the right team around him - say a Pujols or some other veteran accomplished player. We had that briefly with LGon, but the effect was short=lived.

So, it may be time to at least shop him - no way he gets better without a mentor, IMHO.

Fire when ready................

I doubt Hanley ran out of gas at age 25 which is when he had his last great year and flash in the pans don't last 3 years. You can't compare him with Coghlan who had one great month in which everything he hit was a blooper than fell between the IF and the OF. What's happened to Hanley is baffling.

So, yeah.

He's also batting in front a strike out machine and can easily be pitched around. He's swinging at ugly pitches and it's preventing him from getting his pitch, which is why he needs a better eye.

So yeah...

Hanleys a dumb SOB

Ironic.

So, yeah.

So yeah...

Hanleys a dumb SOBYikes. Nothing in your post is true. Except maybe that Hanley is dumb, but who cares because you don't need to be intelligent to play baseball. Or participate on forums for that matter.

True, but if you can't see an opinion for what it's worth them your just as ignorant as the next one.

So, yeah.

So yeah...

Hanleys a dumb SOB

Ironic.

Moronic.

What's Hanley doing right now? You seem to know him well, questioning his work ethic. Are you at the ballpark already?

If he's not working hard, I really want to be lazy like him. Must be nice to not work hard and still be a lifetime .303 hitter with an .878 .OPS. I'm guessing that took some hard work, though...

So, yeah.

So yeah...

Hanleys a dumb SOB

You said he needed to be more content with walking, so I addressed walks.

I find this post mind-boggling because Stanton is our best hitter. Yes, he strikes out a lot, but aren't teams trying to avoid pitching to Stanton? I mean, I would.

But let's say I'm wrong. They are pitching around Hanley to get to Stanton. That still hurts your argument because those teams are actually avoiding Hanley, meaning they feel he has the better shot of doing damage. If teams are walking you, they don't want to face you.

Should he be better? Yes, absolutely. But to blame his drop-off on laziness, is well, rather lazy.

So, yeah.

So yeah...

Hanleys a dumb SOB

I find this post mind-boggling because Stanton is our best hitter. Yes, he strikes out a lot, but aren't teams trying to avoid pitching to Stanton? I mean, I would.

But let's say I'm wrong. They are pitching around Hanley to get to Stanton. That still hurts your argument because those teams are actually avoiding Hanley, meaning they feel he has the better shot of doing damage. If teams are walking you, they don't want to face you.

Should he be better? Yes, absolutely. But to blame his drop-off on laziness, is well, rather lazy.

I called him out on this very same thing a couple of weeks ago and Piazza called me a "f***ing moron." :lol

What's Hanley doing right now? You seem to know him well, questioning his work ethic. Are you at the ballpark already?

If he's not working hard, I really want to be lazy like him. Must be nice to not work hard and still be a lifetime .303 hitter with an .878 .OPS. I'm guessing that took some hard work, though...

He's can roll out of bed and hit .300, it's what he does even even his talent drops and his play depends on what he's learned. He's not a .300 hitter anymore, he'd just a hitter. People fear his reputation these days, not his production.

You don't need to be a marlin to see he's become complacent. Conines, Ugglas, Gonzalez and Lowell's words are more then enough.

Actually, just Conine's was enough.

So, yeah.

So yeah...

Hanleys a dumb SOB

I wont insult you since you seem to miss my point.

Stanton has propensity to strike out, teams are giving Hanley crap pitches in an attempt to get around him.

He's swinging at this crap pitches and hitting into Dp and pop ups instead of taking even MORE walks and making it difficult to attack Stanton because a good pitch to him to strike him out very easily could be hit out.

He trying I make a milkshake out of lemons, when he should be using what he's given an deal with the hand his dealt. Until we get a .300 guy who walks more then he K's behind HanRam he won't ever be the same ol H2R

I called him out on this very same thing a couple of weeks ago and Piazza called me a "f***ing moron." :lol

So, I still think you are, and you never called me out.

You may have yelled across the street, but I dont pay attention to "outside noise"

So, I still think you are, and you never called me out.

You may have yelled across the street, but I dont pay attention to "outside noise"

You are too precious. :lol

Maybe I'll grow enough brain cells one day to think Jose Bautista is a third baseman this season!

I wont insult you since you seem to miss my point.

Stanton has propensity to strike out, teams are giving Hanley crap pitches in an attempt to get around him.

He's swinging at this crap pitches and hitting into Dp and pop ups instead of taking even MORE walks and making it difficult to attack Stanton because a good pitch to him to strike him out very easily could be hit out.

He's not missing your point. Your "point" makes no sense.

Teams are not "pitching around" Hanley to pitch to the best hitter in the line-up just because that hitter strikes out a lot.

This only makes sense in your own mind.

Marlins June swoon brings out the worst in people.

I'm just a surly a-hole in general, the losing streak just brings out the joy in my life.

And to answer the OP, I think I hate Hanley most, followed by Freddy Gonzalez

I don't think that's possible Piazza.

I blame Fredi Gonzalez for moving Hanley from the leadoff spot. I'd rather have a leadoff hitter that hits .340 w/ 24 bombs, than a 2, 3, or 4 hitter that hits .250ish with 10 or 12 bombs. He may just not be able to grasp the mindset of a middle of the order hitter. Put in back in the leadoff spot.

So, yeah.

So yeah...

Hanleys a dumb SOB

Pitching around a .784 OPS to get to a .875 OPS simply because he has more strikeouts. Makes sense.

Pitching around a .784 OPS to get to a .875 OPS simply because he has more strikeouts. Makes sense.

I'd be surprised if there is even one other person on this board who agrees with this logic.

I do, because Beinfest drafted Stanton, therefore pitching around Hanley to get to Stanton means automatic inning over.