Jeff Pasan's take on the teams moves/motives.

mr_eob

Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan. Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan. Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan. Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan. Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan. Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan. Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan. Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan. Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan. Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan. Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan. Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan. Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan. Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan. Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan. Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan. Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan. Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan. Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan. Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan. Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan. Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan. Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan. Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan. Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan. Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan. Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.Passan.

Passan.

lol what an awful article...i'm sure they planned that Bell, Reyes and Hanley would be underperforming and that Lomo and Gaby would take giant dumps on the field all year and that Buck wouldn't even be hitting his weight...IT WAS A PLAN! an evil scheme...awful awful article

lol what an awful article...i'm sure they planned that Bell, Reyes and Hanley would be underperforming and that Lomo and Gaby would take giant dumps on the field all year and that Buck wouldn't even be hitting his weight...IT WAS A PLAN! an evil scheme...awful awful article

This team needs to find some players to build around, and then keep them long term. This constant rollover of players makes it hard to build a fan base.

I dont see what makes the article awful.

I love the Marlins. I love baseball. But our front office is a bunch of crooks.

The city streets are filled with the blood that they shed when they stole millions from taxpayers by lying over and over again about profits and revenue sharing.

Then they promise one thing and do another.

They are crooks.

The city streets are filled with the blood that they shed when they stole millions from taxpayers by lying over and over again about profits and revenue sharing.

They are crooks.

I'm so tired of the misplaced anger....

Filled with blood?? LOL. First of all, money wasn't stolen...unless you consider politicians agreeing to take tax money from tourists to build a stadium stealing.

Second, what promises did they break? To spend money? They did...they just spent it wrong. Are they required to keep spending money on bad players just because of the new stadium? This is where I disagree with the loud, angry, Marlins fan. The stadium ensures we'll have a baseball team forever...that's it. It doesn't ensure keeping every player or spending endless dollars. Circumstances change. Hanley wasn't worth his contract. Just because they got a stadium built, doesn't require them to have to keep someone that is not performing.

Be angry that the front office has done a bad job for a long time, but please, enough with the over dramatic "the owners are crooks" talk. It's just dumb. They wanted to win. Do you honestly they WANTED to do this this season?? So go ahead and yell, scream, and complain, but at least scream about the right thing.

They are crooks.

I'm so tired of the misplaced anger....

Filled with blood?? LOL. First of all, money wasn't stolen...unless you consider politicians agreeing to take tax money from tourists to build a stadium stealing.

Second, what promises did they break? To spend money? They did...they just spent it wrong. Are they required to keep spending money on bad players just because of the new stadium? This is where I disagree with the loud, angry, Marlins fan. The stadium ensures we'll have a baseball team forever...that's it. It doesn't ensure keeping every player or spending endless dollars. Circumstances change. Hanley wasn't worth his contract. Just because they got a stadium built, doesn't require them to have to keep someone that is not performing.

Be angry that the front office has done a bad job for a long time, but please, enough with the over dramatic "the owners are crooks" talk. It's just dumb. They wanted to win. Do you honestly they WANTED to do this this season?? So go ahead and yell, scream, and complain, but at least scream about the right thing.

I agree 100%. All bandwagon Marlins fans want a winner now. Loria/Samson spent on the team like they promised. The city hasn't filled the stadium as they should. Only one sellout for a new ballpark with the amount of talent this team had is pathetic. And since Loria/Samson know the only way to increase attendance is by winning, they are making some roster moves in order to save some money and win in the future. I truly believe Loria/Samson are both committed to building a consistent winning ball club in Miami.

I think he definitely has been waiting to pounce on the opportunity to publish this article but it doesnt make some of his points invalid. I think Samson and the rest of the gang have left a bad taste in Marlins' fans mouths, not only with previous firesales but with some of the comments made about local politicians and even the fans.

For those of us who have loyalty to the Marlins and did not become fans for the wrong reasons, I think the FO is doing what it has to do to put a winner on the field for the future. As stated by others, thee is no way in hell that anyone could have predicted that so many players would be overhwelmingly underachieving. Lets go through the line-up and see how everyone has been doing

1. Reyes-underperformed

2. Boni-played pretty well, but was injured for two months

3. Hanley-no comment

4. Stanton-Carried us for a month but other than that has been very streaky and is now hurt

5. Gaby-in the minors, enough said

6. LoMo-terrible

7. Infante-started out well but slowly tappered off and is now in Detroit

8. Buck-beyond terrible

Out of the projected starting line-up, only Boni and Stanton have played up to expectations, but both have had long stints on the DL. No one, and I mean NO ONE, could have predicted so many players have careers lows in almost every category. If everyone would have just played average, given their respective abilities, we would be in the thick of the division and at worst the wild card race.

Lets look at next year...will depend on if we move JJ or not, but it could look something like this. Believe me, Loria knows what everyone is saying about the Marlins and how they are back to their old ways. I think he is going to go above and beyond this winter to show everyone we are still for real and last winter was not a one time thing.

Trade: JJ (I hope not, but it seems inevitable), Nolasco, Gaby, and Buck if we can. By trading JJ we can bring back a ton of talent (rumored: 3 future studs). If they do in fact trade JJ then Loria will go above and beyond to put a winner on the field next year.

1. Reyes-SS

2. Bourn-CF

3. Hamilton LF

4. Stanton-RF

5. Olt/FA-3B

6. Morrison-1B

7. Bonifacio-2B

8. Buck-C

Bench:

IF-Solano, Dobbs, FA

OF-Ruggiano, Peterson

With the exception of Buck, the line-up is deadly. I hope a bunch of catchers get hurt this week so we can unload his ass to a desperate team. But even then, anyone could call their local high school team's catcher and get the same performance as Buck

God damnit why couldnt this year have worked out

For those of us who have loyalty to the Marlins and did not become fans for the wrong reasons, I think the FO is doing what it has to do to put a winner on the field for the future. As stated by others, thee is no way in hell that anyone could have predicted that so many players would be overhwelmingly underachieving. Lets go through the line-up and see how everyone has been doing

1. Reyes-underperformed

2. Boni-played pretty well, but was injured for two months

3. Hanley-no comment

4. Stanton-Carried us for a month but other than that has been very streaky and is now hurt

5. Gaby-in the minors, enough said

6. LoMo-terrible

7. Infante-started out well but slowly tappered off and is now in Detroit

8. Buck-beyond terrible

Out of the projected starting line-up, only Boni and Stanton have played up to expectations, but both have had long stints on the DL. No one, and I mean NO ONE, could have predicted so many players have careers lows in almost every category. If everyone would have just played average, given their respective abilities, we would be in the thick of the division and at worst the wild card race.

Lets look at next year...will depend on if we move JJ or not, but it could look something like this. Believe me, Loria knows what everyone is saying about the Marlins and how they are back to their old ways. I think he is going to go above and beyond this winter to show everyone we are still for real and last winter was not a one time thing.

Trade: JJ (I hope not, but it seems inevitable), Nolasco, Gaby, and Buck if we can. By trading JJ we can bring back a ton of talent (rumored: 3 future studs). If they do in fact trade JJ then Loria will go above and beyond to put a winner on the field next year.

1. Reyes-SS

2. Bourn-CF

3. Hamilton LF

4. Stanton-RF

5. Olt/FA-3B

6. Morrison-1B

7. Bonifacio-2B

8. Buck-C

Bench:

IF-Solano, Dobbs, FA

OF-Ruggiano, Peterson

With the exception of Buck, the line-up is deadly. I hope a bunch of catchers get hurt this week so we can unload his ass to a desperate team. But even then, anyone could call their local high school team's catcher and get the same performance as Buck

God damnit why couldnt this year have worked out

Remove Buck and put in Brantly then check out that lineup again...

They are crooks.

Who did they kill?

BASEBALL IN MONTREAL

They are crooks.

I agree with your premise, however what they are doing is perfectly within their power (they are not crooks). Crooks are people that take actions that are not accepted by the law (which has the most money and therefore has the most guns and fear). The FO is the law since they have the most money and therefore the most control over fear. Its like going to war. A country can go to war because of their own beliefs and kill and it is honorable since it is in the name of the wealthy's money and fear. However, if someone not with money and little control over fear were to do such a thing, they would be in jail for life without any honor.

Its like with all the backlash against Ozzie Fidel comments. Fidel is a hero to those not in power because he is a Marxist who fights for social equality. The consitution was not written for social equality, but for the equality of those with money. The constitution fought against monarchy and power for those with wealth. In poor parts of the world Fidel is a hero but media and the rich Cubans who moved to the US hate him because of this.

They need to promote Ozzie to GM or team president. "Classless" is a word used by people who live a lie going to work everyday taking the same BS and then they get mad at others who dont take BS because they wish they had the courage to do so. They dont have the courage so they call it "classless". Ozzie is class.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.