Kouzmanoff and Smith signed

Erick

Kouzmanoff is a solid pickup as a minor league FA. People need to realize that, at least in the infield, there is hardly a worthwhile pickup in FA. I don't remember ever seeing such a worthless year.

yeah I mean not really any downside to taking a look. It's a pretty awful crop. Almost just have to bite the bullet next season and hope something presents itself for 2014.

Kouz had been strong defensively at least.

Kouzmanoff is a solid pickup as a minor league FA. People need to realize that, at least in the infield, there is hardly a worthwhile pickup in FA. I don't remember ever seeing such a worthless year.

It's a pretty awful crop. Almost just have to bite the bullet next season and hope something presents itself for 2014.

That's whats really sad about last year. We completely shot our load in a terrific year for FA and ended up having a catastrophic year.

It's a pretty awful crop. Almost just have to bite the bullet next season and hope something presents itself for 2014.

That's whats really sad about last year. We completely shot our load in a terrific year for FA and ended up having a catastrophic year.

Hahaha shot our load.

If we sign Hamilton, Greinke , Bourn, lee, an soriano and trade for wright we'd hae everything.

Hahaha shot our load.

If we sign Hamilton, Greinke , Bourn, lee, an soriano and trade for wright we'd hae everything.

Yes, yes.. :evil

Hahaha shot our load.

Bourne is going to sign a nice contract and then be one of the most overpaid and overrated players in the league. Signing a player with a career .700 ops doesn't get you over the hump no matter how good of defense he plays.

Hahaha shot our load.

Bourne is going to sign a nice contract and then be one of the most overpaid and overrated players in the league. Signing a player with a career .700 ops doesn't get you over the hump no matter how good of defense he plays.

I don't think you get it.

There's another thing I really don't understand.

I get it that OPS is an incredible stat to determine a player's hitting ability, but why do we care so much if someone like Michael Bourn OPSes around .700? His job is to get on base, he's not a power hitter, and he gets on base very well, thus allowing him to utilize his speed. I'm pretty sure we were fine with Juan Pierre in 2003 with his .734 OPS.

Nothing against the stat, but maybe it shouldn't be used to judge EVERYONE.