Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Slogan Discussion Thread

Featured Replies

Makes the site a joke, I'd rather have no slogan than a joke slogan.

 

Remember we're affiliated with Fox Sports, can't have that kind of thing up top.

 

 

Damn, my next slogan was gonna be "f*** FOX SPORTS"

If we are going with the serious slogans, I think "Rebuilding Respect" is a nice frontrunner so far.

 

But I'll have a softspot for mine - ''Over the Fishcal Cliff''

 

 

I do think yours was the best of the tongue in cheek ones for sure.

"You might not know them but baseball people do" was a good one. It's a joke yet it acknowledges the fact that they're actual baseball players. And it came directly from Samson who works for the Marlins.

I don't necessarily agree, I've never seen this as a Top Marlins official channel. More of an accurate reflection of the fans and a gathering place for the real fans. But you da boss.

There really is nothing positive to say about this team, so if it can't be a negative slogan there shouldn't be one at all.

Poop man, I think.

Beinfestian Breakdown:

  • Rebuilding Respect - Slightly negative. Would be more appropriate for next season after some good moves, but we aren't exactly rebuilding respect right now. We're throwing it out the window.
  • Breaking New Ground - Seriously? No.
  • A New Beginning - Beat this one senselessly, too. A repeated beginning for a repeated slogan.
  • A Better Team - Might be true but it might also be a statement, not a slogan.
  • New Kids on the Block - Appropriate, cliche, rolls off the tongue. Positive tone.
  • New Fish on the Block - Fish themed version of the one above.
  • A New Hope - See "A New Beginning."
  • New School of Fish - Nice, positive tone. Representative of the direction. Representative of the players. Very nice.
  • Catch Our Moves - Fuck off.
  • Building A Title Wave - Very nice slogan, sort of branches off of last year's slogan of 'Making Waves'. Although, I don't think it's appropriate for this year. Probably for next year or the year following.
  • Fishing for Talent - Slightly negative tone. Reads "we suck and we're just looking to get better."
  • Tomorrow's Promise Today - If it doesn't make sense right away, it's probably a bad decision for a slogan.
  • Road to Recovery - Decent, but slightly negative in tone. We didn't just get shot, we dumped the whole team. The tone should ignore that the dump completely happened, and consider more of a 'the past is the past and there is no looking back' attitude.
  • It's a State of Mind - At first sounded a bit silly, but honestly it's not so bad if you're talking about a slogan and reading it as "MarlinsBaseball.com. It's a state of mind." Actually flows well.

Beinfestian Conclusion:

 

New Kids on the Block

New Fish on the Block

New School of Fish (maybe consider adding 'A' to make "A New School of Fish"???)

It's a State of Mind

 

Lesser but still solid...

 

Building a Title Wave

Road to Recovery

 

 

 

 

Just my whole take on the options.

Curious, what did you think of Marlins Way?

 

 

Honestly, I missed that one if it was nominated. I would've put that in the poll because it's not negative.

 

You might have missed it since one of my posts were merged, no biggy. If you think it's worth adding feel free. I'll delete my one vote and include it. Maybe it'll get to the next round.

  • Author

Actually i just like "Title Wave" by itself, but again not for this season. bookmark that one for later!

 

 

Title Wave by itself, good for future years. Building a Title Wave I think can work this year because we're building towards it.

I think Breaking New Ground was only good for the freaking year we broke ground on a new stadium. It's clearly an inside joke at this point to anyone that's been around for slogans since then.

Building A Title Wave is inappropriate for this season. It sounds sarcastic.

 

I agree. It absolutely is a well written slogan, and it flows perfectly. It's very similar to last year's slogan, and it builds off of it well. The only thing is... last year we WERE making waves. Everything was about the Marlins. The new stadium, the crazy signings. This year I don't think we're quite building a title wave, if you will. We're building a brand new team, and 'building' a title team starts from here but it's so far out of the picture that I would hardly call it at this point.

 

HOWEVER, I do think the slogan itself is very well written and should continue to be considered. It does get the job done, and it's a hell of a lot better than a lot of other stuff there.

Marlins Way added, sorry about that.

 

 

What are you sorry about, lol. It's your home, I just live in it.

 

Maybe it'll work, maybe it won't. I like it since it's the name of the street the Marlins play on and Samson/Beinfest keep saying they need to get back to the Marlins Way of doing things.

It's a State of Mind - At first sounded a bit silly, but honestly it's not so bad if you're talking about a slogan and reading it as "MarlinsBaseball.com. It's a state of mind." Actually flows well.

 

I suggested that one after I read this --Agent joel wolfe says giancarlo feels "same" since unhappy tweet after trade. "It wasn't a reaction, it's a state of mind."

 

I suppose it's hard to understand its underlying meaning without context. But that's OK. I can work with any of the other ones.

 

Except perhaps "Title Wave"... are we waving it good-bye?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.