Marlins Spring Training Hat

CYmarlins

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if someone can link me to the hats the Marlins are using for Spring Training. Seen some people around Marlins Park last Saturday at the Winter warm up. The one with the black and orange combination.

If someone can post a link to purhcase it. Also is it fitted or adjustable?

Thanks!

Heres the Road

http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=18738486

And the home

http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=18738476

They Dont ship untill the 22nd. They are fitted just like the Game hats but they use a different fabric. Keep in mind I heard these are made in China so most likely they will have size problems so its best to try on one if you can.

There was an article with the New Era President that said that these hats may be implemented more into normal Games. They wanted to try something new. Im interested to see how the ugly Black and White front panel cap is going to work, BP or game.

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if someone can link me to the hats the Marlins are using for Spring Training. Seen some people around Marlins Park last Saturday at the Winter warm up. The one with the black and orange combination.

Thanks!

The ones at marlins park were fashion caps you can but at lids. The real ones don't drop until the 22.

The on fields will be fitted with some sort of Micromesh fabric

Heres the Road

http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=18738486

And the home

http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=18738476

They Dont ship untill the 22nd. They are fitted just like the Game hats but they use a different fabric. Keep in mind I heard these are made in China so most likely they will have size problems so its best to try on one if you can.

There was an article with the New Era President that said that these hats may be implemented more into normal Games. They wanted to try something new. Im interested to see how the ugly Black and White front panel cap is going to work, BP or game.

Thank you, that is exactly what I was looking for. I love the Road one. I will stop by Lids after the 22nd and try them on since you mentioned the size issue.

Hey everyone,

Thanks!

The ones at marlins park were fashion caps you can but at lids. The real ones don't drop until the 22.

The on fields will be fitted with some sort of Micromesh fabricDo you have the link to the one on Lid's? I was browsing before but I may have missed it.

the marlins are probable going to wear the orange bill at all year the same way they never wore the orange hat with the orange jersey.

It's for BP only.That may be changing this is taken the Chris creamer logo site:

According to NewEra brand president Pete Augustine, in an interview at ESPN, some teams will be wearing these caps for more than just batting practice or spring training games:

“It will soft launch on Opening Day and it won’t just be used for batting practice. We’re really getting away from the BP model because we don’t want to pigeonhole in just that. Some teams might want to wear it more frequently than others.�

We were promised an interview with NewEra to get more information on this… still waiting. Back in November, as part of their new logo launch, the Houston Astros played a video which advertised their BP uniform as their “Sunday� jerseys. This just adds more fuel to that fire.

the marlins are probable going to wear the orange bill at all year the same way they never wore the orange hat with the orange jersey.

It's for BP only.That may be changing this is taken the Chris creamer logo site:

According to NewEra brand president Pete Augustine, in an interview at ESPN, some teams will be wearing these caps for more than just batting practice or spring training games:

“It will soft launch on Opening Day and it won’t just be used for batting practice. We’re really getting away from the BP model because we don’t want to pigeonhole in just that. Some teams might want to wear it more frequently than others.�

We were promised an interview with NewEra to get more information on this… still waiting. Back in November, as part of their new logo launch, the Houston Astros played a video which advertised their BP uniform as their “Sunday� jerseys. This just adds more fuel to that fire.

that could be cool but i really just want to see the orange hat with the orange jersey. but maybe the orange bill BP cap will look good with it too.

That's why I think MLB and New Era are getting ridiculous. They constantly change the jerseys and hats every couple of years (often to something even more ugly) just so they can get people to dish out $35 on a hideous hat just because it's official. It's like they don't even care about what these things look like.

Having two different hats just for batting practice is silly to begin with.

That's why I think MLB and New Era are getting ridiculous. They constantly change the jerseys and hats every couple of years (often to something even more ugly) just so they can get people to dish out $35 on a hideous hat just because it's official. It's like they don't even care about what these things look like.

Having two different hats just for batting practice is silly to begin with.

I'm still waiting on you to get a custom jersey that says "10/200" on the back.

The BP hats for all teams are considered in game alternate caps, to be used at the teams discretion.

I see the Marlins using the White front with the black jerseys and the Orange Bill with the Orange Jerseys once or twice instead of the all black.

Expect to see a few infiltrate games, such as the Pirates one with the Yellow Bill, and the Mets cap with Mr. Met on the front.

The Reds one may be seen with the reds new alternate jersey- the ROJO's one.

For starters, nostalgia doesn't necessarily mean something is good looking. I don't like the home cap but I can see how some may think its cool.

Also, home and road BP caps are only ok for teams with clear differences between their home and road unis/colors, like the Tigers who only use orange on the road and absolutely none of it at home. Maybe the Nats who are a red team at home and a navy team on the road.

And yes, the BP styles are just to make more profits. Its silly but its still a business so oh well. I just wish someone was more firm on saying "even if its just for $$$, we need to maintain the decency of look of the unis and teams and logos and etc."