March 26, 201313 yr Confirmed: C- Brantly 1B - Kotchman 2B - Solano SS - Hechavarria 3B - Polanco LF - Pierre CF - RF - Stanton SP1 - Nolasco SP2 - Eovaldi SP3- LeBlanc SP4- Alvarez SP5 - Slowey Bench - Kearns, Dobbs Bullpen - Rauch, Cishek, Dunn, Webb, Qualls Will start year on DL: Silverio, Mahoney, Morrison, Mathis, Ceda Unconfirmed but likely making team: Skipworth, Ruggiano, J. Maine, Ramos That leaves 2 spots to go between Valaika, Valdez, Coghlan, and Hernandez
March 26, 201313 yr Author Coghlan has an option, Gorkys does not but it'd be very unfair for Coghlan to not make the team. I think Valaika beats out Valdez for the other spot.
March 26, 201313 yr Dont get how Kouzmanoff didn't make this team. Cant just be because of Dobbs. It must be because Austin Kearns is the new Wes Helms.
March 26, 201313 yr Author Kearns did a decent job overall when coming off the bench last year, I don't think his Spring meant much. He was likely going to make the team from the start. .304 AVG .458 OBP as a sub last year.
March 26, 201313 yr Kearns did a decent job overall when coming off the bench last year, I don't think his Spring meant much. He was likely going to make the team from the start. .304 AVG .458 OBP as a sub last year. Guess well see with him. Dont really get keeping John Maine either. You dont always need a long man. Whatever. Did not think that Leblanc, Slowey, AND Maine would make the team.
March 26, 201313 yr Kearns did a decent job overall when coming off the bench last year, I don't think his Spring meant much. He was likely going to make the team from the start. .304 AVG .458 OBP as a sub last year. Guess well see with him. Dont really get keeping John Maine either. You dont always need a long man. Whatever. Did not think that Leblanc, Slowey, AND, Maine would make the team. You're right, the Nats probably don't need a long reliever... THIS team almost certainly needs a long reliever.
March 26, 201313 yr According to Frisaro on the Marlins site, they're leaning towards keeping both cogs and gorkys, surprising but interesting, does this mean only six relievers? Hmmm... And, just a thought looking at our potential opening day roster, anyone notice how many veterans we have? Im just saying, considering how everyone swears we're a team of no name rookies .... Pierre polanco kotchman Valdez Kearns Diaz qualls Maine slowey Rauch Dobbs ... not exactly a group of kids there. And while they aren't superstars they also aren't nameless to anyone more than a casual fan. Nothing but an ironic observation though.
March 26, 201313 yr Kearns did a decent job overall when coming off the bench last year, I don't think his Spring meant much. He was likely going to make the team from the start. .304 AVG .458 OBP as a sub last year. Guess well see with him. Dont really get keeping John Maine either. You dont always need a long man. Whatever. Did not think that Leblanc, Slowey, AND, Maine would make the team. You're right, the Nats probably don't need a long reliever... THIS team almost certainly needs a long reliever. ^This. The team needs a long reliever and will certainly carry seven relievers.
March 26, 201313 yr I do not think Kearns is a lock to make this team. JCRMarlinsbeat Miami Marlins: Roster about set after Kotchman, Kearns, Qualls informed they made team goo.gl/fb/Hz2lg
March 26, 201313 yr I do not think Kearns is a lock to make this team. JCRMarlinsbeat Miami Marlins: Roster about set after Kotchman, Kearns, Qualls informed they made team goo.gl/fb/Hz2lg Well, what do I know?!?
March 27, 201313 yr I do not think Kearns is a lock to make this team. JCRMarlinsbeat Miami Marlins: Roster about set after Kotchman, Kearns, Qualls informed they made team goo.gl/fb/Hz2lg Well, what do I know?!? Before this, I thought you knew everything.
March 27, 201313 yr I do not think Kearns is a lock to make this team. JCRMarlinsbeat Miami Marlins: Roster about set after Kotchman, Kearns, Qualls informed they made team goo.gl/fb/Hz2lg Well, what do I know?!? Before this, I thought you knew everything. I guess I'm human? Weird.
March 27, 201313 yr That starting lineup, starting rotation, bullpen, coaches, team, waterboy, everything...it just makes me sad. Usually this doesn't happen until midway through June.
March 27, 201313 yr The amount of "average veterans" on this team is very alarming. God I hate Loria.
March 27, 201313 yr That starting lineup, starting rotation, bullpen, coaches, team, waterboy, everything...it just makes me sad. Usually this doesn't happen until midway through June. We have a waterboy?
March 27, 201313 yr That starting lineup, starting rotation, bullpen, coaches, team, waterboy, everything...it just makes me sad. Usually this doesn't happen until midway through June. We have a waterboy?Present and accounted for. I'll have game used Kevin Slowey jockstraps on eBay within the hour.
March 28, 201313 yr Confirmed: C- Brantly 1B - Kotchman 2B - Solano SS - Hechavarria 3B - Polanco LF - Pierre CF - Ruggiano RF - Stanton SP1 - Nolasco SP2 - Eovaldi SP3- LeBlanc SP4- Alvarez SP5 - Slowey Bench - Kearns, Dobbs, Valaika, Coghlan Bullpen - Rauch, Cishek, Dunn, Webb, Qualls Will start year on DL: Silverio, Mahoney, Morrison, Mathis, Ceda Unconfirmed but likely making team: Maine, Ramos, and lastly Skipworth unless replaced by Hill or Olivo Updated. There's 30 guys left in camp and 5 will start on the DL, so that's obviously our 25. The only question is if we find a replacement for Skipworth. If the season started today, he's the backup catcher. They're pretty much just using the last couple days to find a better replacement.
March 29, 201313 yr Expect a Loogy to be picked up as well, but who would be the odd man out...Qualls?
March 29, 201313 yr Expect a Loogy to be picked up as well, but who would be the odd man out...Qualls? I don't think qualls can be cut yet, that article xx b something thing in the cba probably protects him here.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.