Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Miguel Olivo Signed

Featured Replies

Do it.

 

Also Amezaga. And Jacobs. And Abercrombie.

Better than going with Skipworth

 

Seriously. I don't know what that guy has done to be past Single-A other than being a first round pick... Seriously

why not? good power and very solid defensively.

 

Because he's terrible. And bad defensively.

Actually, I recall him having a cannon arm and being rock solid at blocking the plate.

 

 

More passed balls but the rest of his defense was good.

You point out he had a ton of passed balls (which is true), so how does that mean that he was "rock solid at blocking the plate?"

 

I think he meant blocking the plate from sliding base runners, which is true as I recall.

  • Author

You point out he had a ton of passed balls (which is true), so how does that mean that he was "rock solid at blocking the plate?"

 

I think he meant blocking the plate from sliding base runners, which is true as I recall.Never let facts get in the way of a good argument

Oh, I see. That makes sense, but I'm not so sure that it's necessarily true. Either way, that's a very minor aspect of the catcher's defense.

 

Olivo's inability to block balls in the dirt, however, is not so minor. It's not very comforting for young pitchers wanting to work on breaking stuff to have a horrid backstop.

Oh, I see. That makes sense, but I'm not so sure that it's necessarily true. Either way, that's a very minor aspect of the catcher's defense.

 

Olivo's inability to block balls in the dirt, however, is not so minor. It's not very comforting for young pitchers wanting to work on breaking stuff to have a horrid backstop.

 

But it was fun anticipating the collision when Olivo was immovable-even if he didn't catch the ball and it was at the backstop.

  • Author

Can't we just sign an actual wall to be our backup catcher? The defense would be better, and the offensive would be almost the same, plus it'd be cheaper.

You point out he had a ton of passed balls (which is true), so how does that mean that he was "rock solid at blocking the plate?"

 

Meant when runners were heading home.

Besides passed balls, Olivo also leads the majors in passed kidney stones.

 

That's right, didn't he start the process in the first inning, pass it mid 7th and get the GameWinning Hit in the bottom of the 7th?

 

 

That's a man right there.

Come on guys be realistic, Olivio is going to demand a contract that will be wayyyyy to expensive for us. Be Realistic. Ok? :p

I'd honestly rather have Mike Redmond unretire and be the backup catcher.

 

Matt Treanor and Rod Barajas are also FA's. It's basically pick your poison between the three of them.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.