March 28, 201313 yr Author Besides passed balls, Olivo also leads the majors in passed kidney stones. That's right, didn't he start the process in the first inning, pass it mid 7th and get the GameWinning Hit in the bottom of the 7th? That's a man right there.Hell yeah, despite the jabs we can give him on his defense, that is my favorite Miguel olivo story and I have huge respect for that, I'd love to shake his hand for that one, well that is only if he's washed his hands first.
March 28, 201313 yr Gregg Zaun is only 41 and has had a couple years off so he should be fresh - plus as a commentator for the bluejays he should know be familiar with all his new teamates as opposed to having to learn all those pesky new players in toronto
March 28, 201313 yr Benito Santiago, he lives in Miami anyway I think. Yes he does, played against his son last season in high school and he was actually at the game.
March 28, 201313 yr I'd honestly rather have Mike Redmond unretire and be the backup catcher. Matt Treanor and Rod Barajas are also FA's. It's basically pick your poison between the three of them. That would be epic.
March 28, 201313 yr Benito Santiago, he lives in Miami anyway I think. Mike Piazza, not only does he live in Miami but I saw him play catch at the WBC! He still has A arm!
March 28, 201313 yr From what I understand, Mike Piazza prefers to catch things that aren't baseballs these days.
March 28, 201313 yr Well, it's happening Jon Heyman @JonHeymanCBS Miguel Olivo has deal with #marlins, pending physical. @JoeFrisaro suggested the fit. #fish
March 28, 201313 yr What other below average veterans are out there for the Marlins to sign? This is becoming quite the team.
March 28, 201313 yr Author From what I understand, Mike Piazza prefers to catch things that aren't baseballs these days. Too soon?
March 28, 201313 yr What about Pudge's golden statue? After reading this, all I can hear is Will Riker saying, "You told him about the statue?"
March 28, 201313 yr Mathis isn't out that long, just give it to Skip, who cares. Maybe it lights a fire under him or something. (can't believe i just used that dumb line).
March 28, 201313 yr I say we keep Olivo when Mathis is healthy - three catchers. Olivo can also play first when LoMo needs time off and against a lefty.
March 28, 201313 yr Also, the last time we had three catchers, we went to the playoffs and won it all. COINCIDENCE?! I THINK NOT!
March 28, 201313 yr I dunno why you don't just give it to Skipworth at least temporarily. Let our bust have a chance. ... you're letting Coghlan back on the team.
March 29, 201313 yr ... you're letting Coghlan back on the team. But Coghlan used to be decent! For half of a season...four years ago.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.