4/15 Post Game

Positive :

Team RISP is 4 for 7 (.571)

Team LOB is just 4.

2 of 3 run-scored came out 2-outs situation.

Last 4 games, Adeiny didn't have any strikeout.

Negative :

All CC haters were cursed because CC went to 2-for-4 tonight.

Lots of GIDP are still working around.

Marlins & unexpected Padres are hunting for No.1 Draft pick.

a "positive" being scoring 3 runs off a team that has a team ERA of 4.4 is pathetic.

At this point I'll take all the "positive" I can get, even if it isn't much. The crowd at the ballpark tonight certainly enjoyed the 3 runs and came alive with enthusiasm when we started to hit. Most of us probably realized that we would not win the game, but it was still fun to see the Marlins score some runs.

It was brutal watching the games leading up to this game. Now, it's just laughable. It's ridiculous. My friend works for the team and is offering to give me dugout seats at $5 a pop for mon-wed games, and 4 for $25 for Saturday games. All lower level seats.

The sad thing is that I don't even want to spend that much to be tortured.

Positive :

Team LOB is just 4.

Negative :

Not so unexpected.

It was brutal watching the games leading up to this game. Now, it's just laughable. It's ridiculous. My friend works for the team and is offering to give me dugout seats at $5 a pop for mon-wed games, and 4 for $25 for Saturday games. All lower level seats.

Can your friend pass that deal along to some board members?! :)

Positive :

Team LOB is just 4.

Negative :

Not so unexpected.

They weren't supposed to be that bad pitching-wise...but they ended up having three guys going down with bad arm injuries, including one TJS.

Their offense also sucks, but somehow they have managed to be OK the last couple of years.

Can your friend pass that deal along to some board members?! :)I may buy about 20 games in that case, and not feel bad if I can't make it.

Redmond was pleased with our massive offensive output yesterday: "I was happy with the way we battled. We didn’t quit. We kept fighting. We scored a couple runs on him and had some good at-bats. I felt like we had much better passes tonight and swings than we’ve had in the last few days, for sure.’’

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/04/16/3346382/offensively-challenged-miami-marlins.html#storylink=cpy

Silly marlins:

"There's more downside than upside" in the Marlins' decision to promote Fernandez to the big league club to start the season, writes Jim Callis of Baseball America(subscription required). Callis feels Fernandez is subject to increased injury risk, and finds the team's failure to wait 12 days before promoting him to be short-sighted. Fernandez only made one start prior to April 12th, at which point the Marlins could have purchased his contract and controlled him through 2019 instead of 2018. Even if you feel the Marlins will just trade Fernandez once he gets expensive, he would've had more trade value with an extra year of control.