.247/.389/.670

poptart

For some reason, I thought he went avg/obp/slug. And I didn't even bother to check.

Yeah, that doesn't make me miss him much. He's basically a 3B version of Hechavarria.

that's how I read it, I think it was on Yahoo, and didn't check. whoops haha.

Matt Dominguez sucks but that trade was still incredibly dumb and pointless.

This sentence summed everything up perfectly. I'm not upset we traded Matt Dominguez. I'm upset that there was absolutely no backup plan.

Dominguez is hitting .265/.295/.447 (.742 OPS) with 12 HR in 289 PA since joining Houston. Good for a 1.7 rWAR thanks to his defense.

Placido Polanco is hitting .233/.290/.267 for the bargain price of 2.75 million.

Maybe Dominguez sustains it, maybe he doesn't. I always felt he showed enough pop in the minors to have something of an offensive floor, and shouldn't have to post much more than a .680 OPS if his glove translated to be average.

But watching Carlos Lee's tits bounce around for a couple months was definitely worth it.

I agree.

Matt Dominguez sucks but it's worth noting that he's making the minimum and is posting a 0.5 WAR.

Meanwhile the Marlins are paying Polanco 2.75 million to be the third baseman and he's posting a WAR of -0.4.

In other words, that trade was incredibly dumb even though the stakes weren't very high. The Marlins did not need Carlos Lee. The team was out of contention and Carlos Lee sucked anyway. He probably wasn't an improvement over Gaby Sanchez in the end when you factor in defense.

Meanwhile the Marlins traded away their MLB ready minor league depth (Dominguez) and then turned around to overpay a sh*tty, over the hill veteran.

Thanks a lot Beinfest!

Matt Dominguez sucks but that trade was still incredibly dumb and pointless.

Much like dimmers I feel this sums it up just right.

And say what you want about Carlos Lee but the fact is he isn't even here. That alone should be evidence enough to say dumb move for trading away a young defensive depth player, even if Lee blows.

I wouldnt have minded an amazing 3b who can hit you 20-25 hr's a year. better than polanco and hes young so there is still hope his bat improves. Wish we could have kept him.

I wouldn't mind one of those either, Dominguez isn't that though and I think it's unlikely he ever is. He was never heralded for his bat while in the minors for us. So far this year he's looked good but it's been 2 months, let's not go crazy.

• 3 weeks later...

.244/.266/.417/.683

And holy hell, look at these home/road splits:

Split G GS PA AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB SO BA OBP SLG OPS TB

Home 36 36 135 129 16 40 9 0 8 28 3 23 .310 .328 .566 .894 73

Away 34 34 133 125 11 22 5 0 2 13 4 16 .176 .203 .264 .467 33

Plus his UZR is a -5.7 right now. Placido Polanco is a God defensively compared to him right now (-0.9).

.244/.266/.417/.683

And holy hell, look at these home/road splits:

Split G GS PA AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB SO BA OBP SLG OPS TB

Home 36 36 135 129 16 40 9 0 8 28 3 23 .310 .328 .566 .894 73

Away 34 34 133 125 11 22 5 0 2 13 4 16 .176 .203 .264 .467 33

Plus his UZR is a -5.7 right now. Placido Polanco is a God defensively compared to him right now (-0.9).

Looks like he found the right home in Houston...