July 3, 201313 yr Seriously, how anyone, even ..., could defend Loria at this point is shameful. He isn't willing to pony up a few million for a good 'spect?
July 3, 201313 yr B-b-b-but Loria was in the stands in a game days ago and was cheering and happy Mathis hit a Walk off Slammer SLAMMER to win it. Loria wants to win, but is SUPER CHEAP. And makes other bad decisions whatever blah.
July 3, 201313 yr It sounds like the Marlins are overrating Nolasco's trade value. They apparently did the same thing last season when they failed to move Josh Johnson before the deadline.
July 3, 201313 yr It sounds like the Marlins are overrating Nolasco's trade value. They apparently did the same thing last season when they failed to move Josh Johnson before the deadline. That's what I'm thinking. They're probably overrating him based on his career W-L record. Regardless, I still think we find a good prospect for him.
July 3, 201313 yr Cishek, Webb, Dunn, Qualls, all getting interest which we already knew but Heyman tweeted it anyway. wonder what BoSox would part with for Cishek...
July 3, 201313 yr We should keep Cishek unless we get blown away by an offer The fish handling of this Nolasco situation, is well, very fish like unfortunately
July 3, 201313 yr Webb WILL be traded. Book it!! Webb is so bad. I don't get why anyone would want him
July 3, 201313 yr Ricky has always been extremely inconsistent he's really bad 3 times as many times that he's really good. I don't see us getting much for him
July 3, 201313 yr Webb WILL be traded. Book it!! Webb is so bad. I don't get why anyone would want him Because teams have a lot of bad relievers.
July 3, 201313 yr Ricky has always been extremely inconsistent he's really bad 3 times as many times that he's really good. I don't see us getting much for him He's not that bad. He's just not a front line starter.
July 4, 201313 yr The fish handling of this Nolasco situation, is well, very fish like unfortunately It's also been pretty unprofessional and haphazard. They wanted to time it so they could slide Pedro Gomez into the rotation as soon as he was ready (as if there's anything exciting about that). And made it abundantly clear they were trying to deal him as fast as possible, without actually having a deal in place...and now having this thing drag out. In all likelihood, they are overvaluing him, partially on the belief that the he is worth the very mediocre contract they signed him to. And if you go by a very basic 1 WAR = ~5 million (roughly what he would be owed), then he could be worth the contract, and nothing more. The issue is the Marlins are asking for an asset on top of that, without wanting to cover any of the salary. So yes, very fish like.
July 4, 201313 yr The fish handling of this Nolasco situation, is well, very fish like unfortunately It's also been pretty unprofessional and haphazard. They wanted to time it so they could slide Pedro Gomez into the rotation as soon as he was ready (as if there's anything exciting about that). And made it abundantly clear they were trying to deal him as fast as possible, without actually having a deal in place...and now having this thing drag out. In all likelihood, they are overvaluing him, partially on the belief that the he is worth the very mediocre contract they signed him to. And if you go by a very basic 1 WAR = ~5 million (roughly what he would be owed), then he could be worth the contract, and nothing more. The issue is the Marlins are asking for an asset on top of that, without wanting to cover any of the salary. So yes, very fish like. I think you mean Anderson Perez.
July 4, 201313 yr I think you missed the point. Edit: In all honesty, he is such a forgettable pitcher to me, that I read your post as his actual name.
July 4, 201313 yr I hope Nolasco gets exactly 5 strikeouts tonight. You must be very very disappointed.
July 4, 201313 yr Ricky ''First Marlin, not even JJ 1,000 K's'' Nolasco. I bet Ricky ends up with more K's than JJ.
July 4, 201313 yr well if that was his last start as a Marlin it was a nice one. Bunch of scouts at the game so hopefully they get something useful out of all this.
July 4, 201313 yr Ricky ''First Marlin, not even JJ 1,000 K's'' Nolasco. I bet Ricky ends up with more K's than JJ. That's a catchy nickname
July 4, 201313 yr I hope Nolasco gets exactly 5 strikeouts tonight. In case you were wondering, he struck out 7.
July 4, 201313 yr Is Ricky capable of being a type A free agent, and getting that compensation? If so, I don't think the Marlins HAVE to move him rather then they want to in order to wipe his payroll off the books.
July 4, 201313 yr Is Ricky capable of being a type A free agent, and getting that compensation? If so, I don't think the Marlins HAVE to move him rather then they want to in order to wipe his payroll off the books. I don't think they'd want to risk him accepting the offer. I mean, he kinda does suck
July 4, 201313 yr Is Ricky capable of being a type A free agent, and getting that compensation? If so, I don't think the Marlins HAVE to move him rather then they want to in order to wipe his payroll off the books. I don't think they'd want to risk him accepting the offer. I mean, he kinda does suckI doubt he would.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.