June 21, 201313 yr Well, I'm not 100% up to date with trade possibilities for Nolasco, but I did hear the Orioles are a possibility for needing a starting pitcher down the stretch. If they're really desperate enough, do you think we could wrangle JJ Hardy from them? They've got Manny Machado they could slide over to short, maybe we could package Nolasco with someone who can play third for them (maybe a Zack Cox? I'm unfamiliar with their farm system, maybe Danny Valencia could man third for them, IDK). Forgive me if this is a SomethingFishy style trade idea, just food for thought. If anyone else has ideas, throw them out here.
June 21, 201313 yr Why do we need players like Hardy? We need young players not guys who have been in the league for 7+ years who dont fill a need position. Not to mention the money im sure he is making.
June 21, 201313 yr SS is a need position. Hech is never going to be much of a hitter and despite the FO's rave reviews about his D, defensive metrics show he has been pretty poor over there. I actually look at Hechavarria the same way I looked at Bonifacio and Abercrombie and countless others...guys who were toolsy, but really not very good and with limited upside, but they fit whatever mold Admin Beinfest thinks a player should be. To be honest, I am sick of this type of player. I dont rag on Beinfest much, especially compared to others, but his infatuation with those types of players is borderline idiotic.
June 21, 201313 yr I'm not a Hechavarria fan myself, but you have to understand that the Marlins are going to guarantee him starts for at least this entire season (perhaps longer). They aren't going to replace him with a full time SS. Quite frankly, I don't think that the Marlins in their current state need to go out and get a veteran infielder now, either. The season is mostly about experimenting with young talent.
June 22, 201313 yr I am not arguing any of that. What I meant was just because the Marlins refuse to admit that Hechavarria isnt very good and his upside is very limited doesnt mean that is the case.
June 22, 201313 yr SS is a need position. Hech is never going to be much of a hitter and despite the FO's rave reviews about his D, defensive metrics show he has been pretty poor over there. I actually look at Hechavarria the same way I looked at Bonifacio and Abercrombie and countless others...guys who were toolsy, but really not very good and with limited upside, but they fit whatever mold Admin Beinfest thinks a player should be. To be honest, I am sick of this type of player. I dont rag on Beinfest much, especially compared to others, but his infatuation with those types of players is borderline idiotic. I agree about SS, I wonder if the Dodgers would consider Dee Gordon for Nolasco, they have Hanley so why would they need him?
June 22, 201313 yr If we trade him to the dodgers I would like Ross stripling. honestly he is extremely under valued. I would like him and our old prospect Rob Ramussen http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=sa598259&position=P http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=sa392199&position=P
June 22, 201313 yr anything and everything to win. the dodgers are the dumbest run organization in baseball. they have been connected to looking for starting pitching. they are only spending 20 million dollars more than the yankees, why not spend more?
June 22, 201313 yr anything and everything to win. the dodgers are the dumbest run organization in baseball. they have been connected to looking for starting pitching. they are only spending 20 million dollars more than the yankees, why not spend more? That's not very solid reasoning.
June 22, 201313 yr anything and everything to win. the dodgers are the dumbest run organization in baseball. they have been connected to looking for starting pitching. they are only spending 20 million dollars more than the yankees, why not spend more? That's not very solid reasoning. Fair enough, how about cishek for stripling, or qualls for stripling, or someone for stripling. how about we just trade Nolasco for Clayton Blackburn, and Andrew Susac?
June 22, 201313 yr No trading Nolasco until he gets to 1,000 K's as a Marlin. Or 999...that is acceptable cause it be a cruel joke.
June 23, 201313 yr Colorado and DBacks apparently also in on Nolasco trade talks according to Rosenthal, though money's an issue with the Rockies. Maybe we can get a little bidding war between all the NL West teams that are looking at him. It's sounding like once the Marlins get the deal they like they won't waste any time. Per Juan Rodriguez, According to an American League source that has checked in with the Marlins, they already have begun doing legwork on a Nolasco trade and multiple teams have expressed interest.
June 23, 201313 yr I hope he gets traded to the Diamondbacks. They have a great farm system. Hopefully we could try and get a SS named Chris Owings from them. Looks really good.
June 23, 201313 yr The Diamondbacks have a surplus of SS's because Kevin Towers decided to get them all last offseason. I would love to trade him to the Diamondbacks because Kevin Towers' trades usually make no sense so that'd be awesome.
June 23, 201313 yr The only problem with Owings is that he has an awful K/BB ratio that has led to poor OBP for every year of his career. His OBP is up this year but still a bad ratio of like 60/10.
June 23, 201313 yr chris owings hasn't hit until this year. I think you can give a good portion of that success to the fact that he is in the pcl.
June 24, 201313 yr The Diamondbacks have a surplus of SS's because Kevin Towers decided to get them all last offseason. I would love to trade him to the Diamondbacks because Kevin Towers' trades usually make no sense so that'd be awesome. Don't stop at trades, nothing Towers does makes sense. So yes, I agree, send him to Arizona.
June 25, 201313 yr Giants will acquire nolasco Any day now??? Well, maybe Jose can get 1,000 K's as a Marlin...
June 25, 201313 yr I would relax on all the Hechavarria hate. He has been hitting better as of late and his defense is fantastic. I think his bat will come around. He put up very solid numbers in AAA last year too so we know he can hit some. He has shown some flashes this year.
June 25, 201313 yr I think we'll see Loria's true intentions when he trades Nolasco. If it isn't about money but rather building a contender, he'll pay for a good amount of the salary in return for decent prospects.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.