Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ricky Nolasco traded to Dodgers

Featured Replies

I didnt like Boni ever. Smo is a bench/platoon player at best. I just dont see us getting anything better than a C-type prospect. I'd like to see us get a Adrian Gonzalez type steal like the Rangers got in 2003 for Urbina.

I didnt like Boni ever. Smo is a bench/platoon player at best. I just dont see us getting anything better than a C-type prospect. I'd like to see us get a Adrian Gonzalez type steal like the Rangers got in 2003 for Urbina.

 

 

Yea, in retrospect that trade was terrible. Urbina shouldn't have been worth more than a C/B prospect at best... They raped us. We won the World Series, but still, we got raped.

I didnt like Boni ever. Smo is a bench/platoon player at best. I just dont see us getting anything better than a C-type prospect. I'd like to see us get a Adrian Gonzalez type steal like the Rangers got in 2003 for Urbina.

 

If u remember at the time Gonzalez was just like a Matt Dominguez kinda prospect. No one thought he would become the kinda player he did. I remember people saying Gonzalez would be a 10-15 homer guy.

I didnt like Boni ever. Smo is a bench/platoon player at best. I just dont see us getting anything better than a C-type prospect. I'd like to see us get a Adrian Gonzalez type steal like the Rangers got in 2003 for Urbina.

 

If u remember at the time Gonzalez was just like a Matt Dominguez kinda prospect. No one thought he would become the kinda player he did. I remember people saying Gonzalez would be a 10-15 homer guy.

 

 

I mean, he was never a Matt Dominguez kind of guy. You're right that he wasn't projected to be a big power hitter, but his ceiling was certainly considered what he became. It's just rare that a player ever reaches their ceiling, and he did... Man, I wish we would have just traded them Jason Stokes....

Buster Olney �@Buster_ESPN

The Marlins have told other teams they have clubs willing to take on all of Nolasco's salary -- prorated portion of $11.5 million salary.

Buster Olney �@Buster_ESPN

The Marlins have told other teams they have clubs willing to take on all of Nolasco's salary -- prorated portion of $11.5 million salary.

 

Not surprising...

According to ESPN's Buster Olney, there has been a breakdown in the negotiations between the Rockies and Marlins involving a trade of right-hander Ricky Nolasco.

 

Olney says there is a disagreement over which side would pick up what remains of Nolasco's $11.5 million salary for 2013. And that's no surprise. Nolasco has a cool 3.68 ERA, 1.20 WHIP and 77/25 K/BB ratio in 100 1/3 innings this season for Miami, but he finished with a 4.48 ERA in 2012 and a 4.67 ERA in 2011. The Giants, Dodgers and Padres are also thought to have some degree of trade interest.

 

Related: Rockies

 

Source: Buster Olney on Twitter

yeah but are those teams willing to take on all the salary and give back anything of worth?

 

 

Still no names or any indications being thrown around at all.

 

I haven't been expecting much because I don't value Nolasco highly. That's why I've been looking to see what the "experts" have to say.

Then you need to factor in the competition, the NL West is apparently close and even the Dodgers don't think they're out of it.

 

Nolasco is something like 14-6 with a 3.7 ERA in those ballparks (4-0 sub 2 ERA in San Francisco).

 

If those teams bid against each other, will the Marlins be able to get a B prospect? No fucking idea, but should be interesting to see.

 

NOTE: I'm just reciting the numbers I recall from the Olney podcast.

I think the Giants will be willing to take on his salary plus give in a good prospect. What prospects do they have to offer?

I think the Giants will be willing to take on his salary plus give in a good prospect. What prospects do they have to offer?

 

 

Andrew Susac would be nice. Doubt it happens though.

I was sort of assuming we'd be covering some salary...

 

might come down to if a team takes the whole salary, we get a C prospect,

if we cover his salary (or a portion of it) we get more like a B+ guy.

 

 

It seems pretty clear that the team prefers to get all of the money off of the books, as opposed to getting anything in return of worth.

what FutureGM said.

 

See Hanley Ramirez trade, which left us without a third baseman (and eventually a shortstop) for the foreseeable future.

I think the Giants will be willing to take on his salary plus give in a good prospect. What prospects do they have to offer?

 

 

I think that's what it will end up taking. Some teams are probably willing to pick up the salary and offer a throw away guy, other teams are probably offering something of value with no cash. It will probably take the team that offers both of those things to make the deal happen, wouldn't be surprised to see Beinfest hold out until he inevitably gets it.

Now they're deep into talks with the Dodgers over Nolasco

 

Link?I'm on a phone. Just go to mlbtr

Don't be surprise if there's more than just Ricky being traded.

 

The Dodgers also want bullpen help. If that's the case, we could actually get a good haul depending on what we are willing to trade

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.