July 1, 201313 yr i think we as a community need to understand that we can get 2 pretty solid players in return for nolasco without eating salary. I believe with the loss of beckett, the dodgers would be willing to give us a package including ross stripling and alex castellanos, and perhaps even van slyke as well. all of whom are under rated but i believe will positively impact the team.
July 2, 201313 yr i think we as a community need to understand that we can get 2 pretty solid players in return for nolasco without eating salary. I believe with the loss of beckett, the dodgers would be willing to give us a package including ross stripling and alex castellanos, and perhaps even van slyke as well. all of whom are under rated but i believe will positively impact the team. That seems like an awful lot, but I understand your point and agree to an extent. I keep saying, the Marlins have probably gotten offers of a B and D prospect and no cash or cash and two C/D prospects. They're gonna hold out for the team that offers the B and C prospects WITH cash, and I think if they continue to wait they'll get it.
July 2, 201313 yr Marlins have adjusted their demands for nolasco according to olney. http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/07/marlins-adjusting-asking-price-on-nolasco.html
July 2, 201313 yr Marlins have adjusted their demands for nolasco according to olney. In other words shitty prospect so long as the other team takes the salary
July 2, 201313 yr Marlins have adjusted their demands for nolasco according to olney. In other words sh*tty prospect so long as the other team takes the salary yup. that's what it sounds like. lame
July 2, 201313 yr Marlins have adjusted their demands for nolasco according to olney. In other words sh*tty prospect so long as the other team takes the salaryRoss Stripling or bust.
July 2, 201313 yr Author I have a thought. Say we keep Nolasco up to the trade deadline and he pitches at least decently til then. Do you guys think maybe teams would be a little more accepting of taking on his contract, since A) it'll be a little cheaper then and B) well, it's the trade deadline? By that I mean still at least one good prospect in return.
July 2, 201313 yr I hope we can pair him up with a reliever and actually get something of value back...
July 2, 201313 yr I have a thought. Say we keep Nolasco up to the trade deadline and he pitches at least decently til then. Do you guys think maybe teams would be a little more accepting of taking on his contract, since A) it'll be a little cheaper then and B) well, it's the trade deadline? By that I mean still at least one good prospect in return. Can't say unless you know how negotiations are going right now.
July 2, 201313 yr I hope we can pair him up with a reliever and actually get something of value back... Don't worry. I'm sure the salary saved will be reinvested into the team. It will be spent on straws for their drinks as they fired the exterminators to save money. SOURCE: 30 Rock joke.
July 3, 201313 yr Author I have a thought. Say we keep Nolasco up to the trade deadline and he pitches at least decently til then. Do you guys think maybe teams would be a little more accepting of taking on his contract, since A) it'll be a little cheaper then and B) well, it's the trade deadline? By that I mean still at least one good prospect in return. Can't say unless you know how negotiations are going right now.Heyman said Rockies offered two good prospects but are hesitant about taking the contract. Maybe if it's the deadline, they may be less hesitant, just a thought.
July 3, 201313 yr I have a thought. Say we keep Nolasco up to the trade deadline and he pitches at least decently til then. Do you guys think maybe teams would be a little more accepting of taking on his contract, since A) it'll be a little cheaper then and B) well, it's the trade deadline? By that I mean still at least one good prospect in return. Can't say unless you know how negotiations are going right now.Heyman said Rockies offered two good prospects but are hesitant about taking the contract. Maybe if it's the deadline, they may be less hesitant, just a thought. I really wish they'd eat the contract, but I'm not surprised. Maybe, to be hopeful, they want to pocket the money for Stanton or whatever. What a mess.
July 3, 201313 yr I think one of the guys we'd probably get from Colorado is Eddie Butler. I'd like to get Eddie Butler for Nolasco.
July 3, 201313 yr Our payroll is like 30 million. These cheap f***ers cant pay the remaining money to get a better player?
July 3, 201313 yr If Colorado is offering the best prospect, chip in half or a portion of Ricky's remaining salary, or a reliever if they need one. C'mon Loria you've got even more salary relief next season, get a worthwhile prospect.
July 3, 201313 yr http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/ricky-nolasco-potential-trade-stalled-florida-marlins-money-demands-baltimore-orioles-chicago-cubs-scott-feldman-070213
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.