Beinfest, Fleming fired

What the hell, Fleming got fired? He's been responsible for doing some great scouting for the squad. I knew Beinfest would be shown out the door, but let's give big ol' boot to the guy who got Fernandez/Yelich/Moran as his last three first round picks (not to mention finding late round diamonds in the rough).

I can't say anything about Loria that hasn't already been said. This is his team, as sad as that sounds.

Fleming was a special assistant to Beinfest.

Beinfest is going to find a job somewhere else. He might have been bad in evaluating some trades over his time, but the man knows for the most part how to build a team with little resources. He's likely better than half the GM's currently hired.

What the hell, Fleming got fired? He's been responsible for doing some great scouting for the squad. I knew Beinfest would be shown out the door, but let's give big ol' boot to the guy who got Fernandez/Yelich/Moran as his last three first round picks (not to mention finding late round diamonds in the rough).

I can't say anything about Loria that hasn't already been said. This is his team, as sad as that sounds.

Fleming was a special assistant to Beinfest.

He thought he was still in charge of player development and scouting? Makes sense he'd get fired with Beinfest if he works directly under him.

All of this was expected. It's hilarious that we're in this sh*t show because of the 2012 signings, which were done because Loria wanted big names.

Another case when you wish you could fire owners.

I'm happy. I like Beinfest but it's time for a change.

I'm hoping Loria conducts an interview process with other candidates rather than just hiring Jennings.

I think it's already been given to Jennings.

Damn. Didn't he already do a shitty job when he was in Tampa Bay?

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/9733406/miami-marlins-fire-president-Admin-beinfest-amid-another-cellar-finish

My heart skipped a beat when I read this...

Loria also fired Jim Fleming, who had also been with the Marlins for 12 seasons and was Beinfest's special assistant. Beinfest and Jennings were dismissed with two years left on their contracts"

I would have been excited about this three years ago. As it is, it's pretty clear that the real problem is Loria, so there will be no cheering from me until he is gone. Beinfest made some bad deals and bad decisions, and really anyone whose biggest haul for a clear cut future HOFer (and first triple crown winner in like half a century) turned out to be a clutch long reliever should have been fired then, but stripping the team of any talent besides Stanton the year after opening a new stadium is something that came from the owner, not from Beinfest.

I would have been excited about this three years ago. As it is, it's pretty clear that the real problem is Loria, so there will be no cheering from me until he is gone. Beinfest made some bad deals and bad decisions, and really anyone whose biggest haul for a clear cut future HOFer (and first triple crown winner in like half a century) turned out to be a clutch long reliever should have been fired then, but stripping the team of any talent besides Stanton the year after opening a new stadium is something that came from the owner, not from Beinfest.

Technically trading Cabrera also came from Loria. Any normal GM would have had the opportunity to extend Cabrera forever, and would have never been put in that situation. He got a big haul back in that moment, just didn't work out. Not defending the trade, but Beinfest did what he could.