Billy Butler

canada-marlin24

As long as Chris Coghlan plays third and hits lead-off, the Marlins should be fine.

Did I miss a MB.com Chris Coghlan roast/memification?

Yes, during the season I suggested that when Chris Coghlan returned that with him in the leadoff spot it could shift other batters into their more natural spots in the order (Yelich 3rd, Stanton clean-up, etc).

I still maintain that it makes plenty of sense considering without those two specifically in those spots of the order this team really lacks anybody that can drive in runs consistently in the heart of the order.

As long as Chris Coghlan plays third and hits lead-off, the Marlins should be fine.

Yes, during the season I suggested that when Chris Coghlan returned that with him in the leadoff spot it could shift other batters into their more natural spots in the order (Yelich 3rd, Stanton clean-up, etc).

I still maintain that it makes plenty of sense considering without those two specifically in those spots of the order this team really lacks anybody that can drive in runs consistently in the heart of the order.

What about the fact that Coghlan is absolutely terrible at baseball?

Irrelevant. He put the rest of the lineup in a better place to score runs.

This is the same kind of baseball analytics that says opposing pitchers pitch around others hitters to get to Stanton because he strikes out.

Well he certainly isn't the ideal player to have leading off but I felt he was better than Donovan or Adeiny...