Opening Night

Guest Vince0926

Guest Vince0926

So de la rosa was just named rockies opening day starter. My question is do you start jones? It concerns me because he just can't hit lefties. My lineup would be on march 31 based on everything so far this spring.

LF YELICH

2B FURCAL

RF STANTON

1B BAKER

C SATALAMACCHIA

3B MCGEHEE

CF JOHNSON

SS HECHAVARRIA

P FERNANDEZ

Guest Vince0926

I like ozuna, but wow marisnick. I thought he sort of sucked last year, of course when compared to yelich but he's coming into his own, commercially and artistically.

I think the team is taking the stance of Jones playing against lefties only because he's a newly signed free agent and they don't wanna admit his faults just yet. I think the signing of Baker is a clear sign that they're thinking of a platoon. Because of Jones' power I can see them giving him an honest shot against lefties for a good while but Baker is clearly here as insurance for Jones' poor performance against lefties.

Guest Guest

Some of you care about Spring Training way too much. Reed Johnson in CF? Really?

I was thinking the same thing. It's almost like some people here are changing their opinions on players after only a handful of spring training ABs.

Marisnick needs to go to AAA. I'm tired of rushing prospects. This guy's still a work in progress, and 15 spring training AB's hasn't changed anything.

And Ozuna needs to be be in the Majors? At least Marisnick had nearly a full season in Jax. Ozuna barely had 10 ab's above Single-A. Neither of them belong up, but Marisnick is actually the more developed player.

And Ozuna needs to be be in the Majors? At least Marisnick had nearly a full season in Jax. Ozuna barely had 10 ab's above Single-A. Neither of them belong up, but Marisnick is actually the more developed player.

I didn't say Ozuna needs to be in the majors. I value Marisnick more than I value Ozuna, so I'm willing to give Marisnick more time to figure it out because his ceiling is higher.

I didn't say Ozuna needs to be in the majors. I value Marisnick more than I value Ozuna, so I'm willing to give Marisnick more time to figure it out because his ceiling is higher.

Probably the same reasoning the Marlins have, I imagine, by making Ozuna the starter. Less to lose by rushing Ozuna instead of Marisnick.

2B Furcal

LF Yelich

C Saltalamacchia

RF Stanton

1B Baker

3B McGehee

CF Ozuna

SS Hechavarria

P Fernandez

I'm pretty sure this is what the starting day Opening Day lineup is going to look like.

On a side note, I really hope this is how the team deals with lineups moving forward

LF Yelich

2B Furcal (Dietrich vs RHP/Lucas vs LHP after Furcal gets injured or sucks)

RF Stanton

C Saltalamacchia

1B Baker vs LHP/Jones vs RHP

3B McGehee

CF Ozuna vs LHP/Bogusevic vs RHP (I think Ozuna can benefit from either minor league seasoning or being a bench guy this year)

SS Hechavarria (somebody replace him pls)

P Fernandez

Guest Vince0926

I like hech but he just can't play everyday. Minors would be a good thing for him, too. If we got Dietrich and Lucas, then all will be good if he's sent down.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.