August 20, 201412 yr Stanton, Yelich, and Ozuna have accumlated a total WAR of 12 this season. Best OF in baseball in 2014?
August 20, 201412 yr Stanton, Yelich, and Ozuna have accumlated a total WAR of 12 this season. Best OF in baseball in 2014? Goes nicely with the worst IF in baseball (haven't looked up total WAR, but I assume it's way down there)
August 20, 201412 yr Mike Trout is a superstar and Kole Calhoun is on his way there. If Josh Hamilton ever returns to the player he used to be, the Angels might have a slightly better outfield than we do. Until then, though...we're pretty good.
August 20, 201412 yr In 2012 I had the pleasure of watching Stanton homer in a rehab game with the Hammerheads which drove in his teammates Yelich and Ozuna, I thought the Marlins could be exciting to watch for the next several years. I can't say this is the best outfield in the Majors at this time, but given some more development and health and oh yeah keeping all three! It could easily be one of the best in all of baseball for at least the next 6-7 years. I also like Pittsburgh's with McCutchen, Polanco and either Harrison or Marte, more than most teams out there.
August 22, 201412 yr I like Calhoun. He has slimmed down a lot since his ASU days Spike actually likes a baseball player? Hory sheit. Calhoun is a pretty good player, good arm, too. Wonder if Hamilton will ever come back around and be able to play like he did before. Probably not.
August 23, 201412 yr I hate to think where the team would be without the outfield production it has gotten this season.... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
August 23, 201412 yr We do have the best OF in baseball right now. Spike: "We really don't have that good of an outfield."
August 23, 201412 yr Outfield went 8-13 [.615] with 8 RBI and 4 walks last night. Pretty awesome stuff.
August 23, 201412 yr Author Outfield went 8-13 [.615] with 8 RBI and 4 walks last night. Pretty awesome stuff. Including a monsterdong impresonation.
August 23, 201412 yr Author http://glenngeffner.mlblogs.com/2014/08/23/stat-of-the-day-august-23-at-col/ Marlins OF in 2014 WAR #2 in MLB at 12.2 (LAA, 12.3) HR #2 in MLB with 61 (COL, 63) RBI #1 in MLB with 216 AVG #4 in MLB at .277 (COL, .284; PIT, .280; BAL, .278) OBP #1 in MLB at .354 SLG #2 in MLB at .468 (COL, .475) OPS #1 in MLB at .819 BB #1 in MLB with 177
August 23, 201412 yr Spike: "We really don't have that good of an outfield." i have been very complimentary of the OF I think. Infield? Different story
August 23, 201412 yr Christian Yelich has future MVP written all over him. I can give him batting title, maybe not MVP, though. That's a very difficult award to get.
August 23, 201412 yr I can give him batting title, maybe not MVP, though. That's a very difficult award to get He has the potential to be an MVP-type player in the future, I mean. He reminds me of McCutchen for his allaround play and consistency
August 23, 201412 yr He has the potential to be an MVP-type player in the future, I mean. He reminds me of McCutchen for his allaround play and consistency I can give you that, yes.
August 24, 201412 yr Author Btw Spike, Pedro Alvarez is so good at third base that he's now a first baseman. I can't believe it took Pitt that long to put JayHay at third base...
August 24, 201412 yr You realize I never said Pedro Alvarez was a good third baseman right? Just that he and Casey McGehee are equally bad there.
August 24, 201412 yr Author You realize I never said Pedro Alvarez was a good third baseman right? Just that he and Casey McGehee are equally bad there. Actually you said Alvarez was better. And he is absolutely not.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.