6/12 Rockies @ Fish

Guest Vince0926

which one of you degenerates was it who was always saying you should never swing at the first pitch?

Personally, I am not a fan at all of first pitch swinging - I've got a leadoff hitter mentality [that's where I usually hit in the order when I played] - drew a lot of walks, and I almost always took the first pitch. I'd have to say there were only about five or six times in my last three years of playing where I swung at the first pitch. Granted, one of those times, I hit a ball about 350 feet [not bad for a someone who was 5'5 110 at the time :lol  ], but ... y'know. I enjoyed my walks :D

Personally, I am not a fan at all of first pitch swinging - I've got a leadoff hitter mentality [that's where I usually hit in the order when I played] - drew a lot of walks, and I almost always took the first pitch. I'd have to say there were only about five or six times in my last three years of playing where I swung at the first pitch. Granted, one of those times, I hit a ball about 350 feet [not bad for a someone who was 5'5 110 at the time :lol  ], but ... y'know. I enjoyed my walks :D

​marlins are one of the most if not the most impatient teams in baseball

​marlins are one of the most if not the most impatient teams in baseball

Yes, and you can imagine how frustrated I am at times. Especially with Morse before he hit the DL. Always a miss or a foul on the first pitch.

Granted ... at least he wasn't making outs, so I guess I can give him a pass there :lol  and they were generally in the strike zone, so ... *shrug*