Samson has a word for Boras

Admin

@Das Texan to me it's pretty clear Boras is scrambling on the Ozuna issue btw. There's a solid chance he fucked up Ozuna's financial career but telling him not to take the marlins very fair extension

Possibly.  Probably.  Unless Boras truly believes in Ozuna.  I think Ozuna will be fine if he can repeat 2014 and 2015 was more an aberration and a product of him being fat and lazy.

If he is motivated, I think he puts up a 25 hr season and he gets the deal he was seeking, tbh.

Of course I could also be wrong.

Possibly.  Probably.  Unless Boras truly believes in Ozuna.  I think Ozuna will be fine if he can repeat 2014 and 2015 was more an aberration and a product of him being fat and lazy.

If he is motivated, I think he puts up a 25 hr season and he gets the deal he was seeking, tbh.

Of course I could also be wrong.

I agree it could all be moot if ozuna goes 2014 again (and likely is. I like Ozuna). My point is that Ozuna had a sure $25-35m that isnt so sure anymore after his 2015 and that's because of Boras

If Ozuna stays and has another great year, I wonder if the Fish try and extend him next offseason. I'm sure it's too early to ask that but I don't think it's impossible.

It can easily happen, we all know how often Loria changes his mind. He may not like Ozuna much today but he could be in love with him tomorrow.

The Marlins did what mostly any other team would have done. The Marlins sent him down because he wasn't playing well enough to deserve super 2 money.

The Marlins front office does the wrong thing 99 percent of the time but this is one of the rare instances where they did the exactly the right thing.

BTW @Das Texan the Mets who play in one of the larger markets in the game planned to keep Syndegaard down this year until he wouldn't be Super-2. Injuries forced their hand in bringing him up faster IIRC. They DID wait for the deadline to pass for Matz. But I guess you only like to consider it when its the Marlins.