January 20, 201610 yr http://oncloudconine.mlblogs.com/2016/01/20/first-look-the-marlins-park-fences-are-being-brought-in/?partnerId=as_mia_20160120_57433516&adbid=10153794878672349&adbpl=fb&adbpr=47716487348
January 20, 201610 yr Cool. Of note, he said there would be a "temporary roof" with landscaping on top, in center field. Sounds like they'll cover some the gaps between the old wall and the new wall. Good because that's one of my biggest concerns. The awkward looking space between the two walls. It looked horrific and Citi Field for a while.
January 25, 201610 yr Scoop put up a couple pics of the shortened wall in front of the Clevelander and the visitors bullpen, looks good so far. Like I've said before, it looks like it was meant to be that way and not a half ass rebuild job.
January 25, 201610 yr Seems like a recipe for disaster for a team with 2 starting pitchers & 1 consistent HR hitter.
January 26, 201610 yr Author Admin do you know who had the idea to make it such a pitcher's park in the first place?
January 26, 201610 yr Author Admin do you know who had the idea to make it such a pitcher's park in the first place? Loria
January 26, 201610 yr Author If Stanton hadn't whined, do you think the fences would have stayed as they were?
January 26, 201610 yr Step 1: Move the fences in Step 2: Sign a bunch of fly ball pitchers Step 3: ??? Step 4: Profit
January 26, 201610 yr Author If Stanton hadn't whined, do you think the fences would have stayed as they were? Impossible to know but if I had to guess, I think his comments were very important to the decision and odds are changes wouldn't have been made (at least now) without his comments.
January 26, 201610 yr I like the idea of a pitchers park but Marlins park seemed to be a bit on the extreme.
January 26, 201610 yr I liked it the way it was. Stantons home runs pretty much are out of any park. To me I feel this is going to hurt us more than help us.
January 26, 201610 yr I liked it the way it was. Stantons home runs pretty much are out of any park. To me I feel this is going to hurt us more than help us. pretty much my thoughts as well.
January 26, 201610 yr Chen said between the new dimensions and Bonds being hitting coach he might be able to hit some out too. I like that man already!
January 26, 201610 yr How many warning track or off-the-wall shots did Stanton hit? Is there a chart for how many more he would have had. I watch virtually every game and I don't think the number is that high. Maybe I'm wrong. Big whiny pussy. Suck it up, G!! .
January 26, 201610 yr I liked it the way it was. Stantons home runs pretty much are out of any park. To me I feel this is going to hurt us more than help us. I agree. I feel like they are trying to drum up more excitement, but I worry it may hurt the team.
January 27, 201610 yr I agree. I feel like they are trying to drum up more excitement, but I worry it may hurt the team. Yes.
January 27, 201610 yr I don't think it's worth worrying about. The changes are fairly minor. The park will just play more fair...it's not like lowering the fences and bringing CF in to "just" 407 feet is going to turn the park into Coors Field. Overall, I think the changes will be a plus.
January 27, 201610 yr next season this will be the talk to announcers from another teams to talk about park dimensions changing and the trade in 2012
January 27, 201610 yr next season this will be the talk to announcers from another teams to talk about park dimensions changing and the trade in 2012
January 27, 201610 yr announcers from other teams up to now they only talk about the 2012 trade, with the dimensions changing they will have something else to talk about.
January 27, 201610 yr thank god this was completely necessary. If anyone has ever been to the park, specifically with either the roof or panels in the OF open the balls die so quickly and its so hard to hit it out of there. Gonna like this a lot more than what we had last year.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.