Marlins Trivia Thread

Let's have some fun with this. Answer the Marlins trivia question correctly and then it's your turn to post a new question. Correct responses are to be confirmed by the person who posted the question unless the answer has been unconfirmed for too long or if it's an obvious answer that can be accurately confirmed by anyone else. Once a correct response is confirmed, the person who is up will have a 48 hour time limit to post a new question. The time limit can be changed if we all agree that it's either too long or too short. If the time limit passes, anyone else can jump in and post a new question. If you're up and do not have a new question or simply choose not to participate you can pass and someone else can then jump in with a new question but please post if you'd like to pass. If anyone would like to keep a tally of everyone's scores and post them up periodically that would be great. We'd like to keep this as Marlin specific trivia but it's understandable that it may run off on a tangent at times when related questions come up. Still, let's try and focus this on the Marlins. If it's a success then maybe we can open up similar threads about MLB, or other sports, or whatever. Enjoy! Here's the first question...

Name the Marlins third baseman on Opening Day 2011.

I did not google, but I always appreciate being called an asshole.  Michael said Dobbs, and I wanted to choose someone different in case he was wrong, and I chose one of the only other members of the team who played 3B at any point during the season. 

He didn't call you an asshole he was talking in general so that no one cheats.

Guest Vince0926

Redman penny and Willis. Not Beckett because blister and pavano actually had a losing record because of that 20 inning loss.

I was enough of a homer to be brought to tears by that shot, haha. There were three starting pitchers in 2003 who were tied for the lead in regular season wins with 14.  Who were they?

I loved that moment but I was more brought to tears by his total failure to ever replicate that awesomeness. He should have retired after that game.

I loved that moment but I was more brought to tears by his total failure to ever replicate that awesomeness. He should have retired after that game.

I remember him hitting a game tying homer in the 9th on closing day that year against the Braves. That was awesome.