I love this team

Erick

I can safely say that I am prouder of this group of guys than I was of the 2003 World Series team. With everything these guys had to deal with, for them to come out and play this way was just incredible.

The front office also deserves a big shoutout. They have handled this tremendously well.

I will forever remember this night. I love every player on this roster.

amen Erick.  I don't know how the record will end up this season.  I don't know what happens to the roster in the offseason or how they'll do next year.  But what this group had to go through over the last few days, and the way they played today with tears in their eyes, really proud to be a Marlins fan.  That Dee home run was the most powerful moment in sports I've ever seen.  I don't think any of us will forget this game, I know the players won't.

I echo Erick and Valid's sentiments.  

I went to Marlins Park tonight for therapy for my sons and I, to support the Marlins because they lost a dear friend and to honor Fernandez for his accomplishments and all of the great memories he's given all of us Marlins fans.

What I did not expect was that my visit to the ballpark would make me proud to be a Marlins fan.   And that's exactly what happened.  

I will never doubt that heart, grit, and determination can't help you win baseball games or help you be a better baseball player. That game last night proved to me that heart does matter. Dee Gordon had no business hitting a HR. Bour no business hitting a triple. I don't even think we'd be upset if the team just couldn't perform overall. But they did. That was all heart. That was Jose.

The scene last night may have been one of the greatest moments in MLB history, especially Dee's homerun. And I wish it had never taken place.

Makes you wonder how tough it will be to make significant offseason moves. Like, most of us on here last week would have agreed that guys like Ozuna, Hech, and Ramos could be shopped or moved if they can help us improve. But the last few days brings the human aspect back into this. I'm not saying baseball moves can't or shouldn't be made but this is gonna be tough. Case in point is Ozuna, how in the world can he be moved now? It's almost unthinkable right now.

He won't be moved now because he can't. The atmosphere will be different after the world series and into the winter meetings. 

Also entirely possible Ozuna decides he wants to sign back for a cheaper price after all of this.

But you're right: emotions and circumstances will change--even if slightly--a couple of months from now.

Also, back to the original topic of loving this entire team right now. It's a shame it took something so negative but right now there's such a positive aura in the community and in the media around this team that maybe this is finally something that makes people lighten up on the cheapshots our organization gets at times. Not that we won't still get joked about at times but hopefully more people can brush aside the stupidity, focus on what's important, and just watch the team and at least keep an eye on them with a more respectful eye. The atmosphere in the ballpark last night was beautiful, the unity shown by the community. Hopefully this is a step in the right direction.

I don't see them trading any core pieces in the offseason. Maybe sign some people.

Yep. I've talked about small trades that could be made but now I don't see anybody notable being dealt. As much as Loria hates spending, I can't imagine he doesn't go out and sign players to try and win next season. The team pretty much has to try and win with rebuilding held off until 2018 at the earliest.

One more thing that I don't know if many of you heard this one. When the ballpark was empty after all the fans had left after last night's game, the team went back out to the mound with the clubhouse employees, the medical staff and many of the other "non team" employees. Many were holding beers and they had a drink around the mound for Jose, with some pouring beer onto the mound. One nice, final, private toast from the team.

One more thing that I don't know if many of you heard this one. When the ballpark was empty after all the fans had left after last night's game, the team went back out to the mound with the clubhouse employees, the medical staff and many of the other "non team" employees. Many were holding beers and they had a drink around the mound for Jose, with some pouring beer onto the mound. One nice, final, private toast from the team.

Yep heard that, cool moment