April 24, 20179 yr There's a couple of other interested parties too including Stephen Ross if the price goes down I heard you were showing mild interest in it as well but, like usual, your advances were turned down.
April 24, 20179 yr He doesn't want to stop speculation about his involvement because it isn't speculation, he IS involved.
April 24, 20179 yr So wait it's Jeter-Bush vs Glavine-Romney?? wtf Imma wait for the Wes Helms - Jill Stein investment group to emerge.
April 24, 20179 yr I heard you were showing mild interest in it as well but, like usual, your advances were turned down.
April 24, 20179 yr She'll demand a recount if another group gets the winning bid Keep fucking politics in the bull pen buster!!
April 25, 20179 yr Glavine, the former Braves standout left-hander, told The Boston Globe that his main responsibility is helping lure investors to the Romney group. “It’s been a lengthy process,” Glavine told The Globe’s Nick Cafardo. “I was contacted a couple of years ago by some people to ask whether I’d have an interest in doing something along these lines, and I certainly did. This Marlins situation came about last summer. After casual conversations and kicking tires it became apparent we could put people together and raise money.” Glavine said he feels “very good” about the Romney group bid but declined to say if he has any money invested. He also said he would “certainly want” a position with the organization if Loria opts to sell to the Romney group. “I’m not going to say I’m the GM, but I know the game pretty well,” Glavine said. “I understand it. There’s a lot on the business side that I don’t understand, so I’m open-minded about what the best role for me would be and what I like to do the most.” Mitt Romney, the former Republican presidential nominee, is reportedly not involved in his son’s bid. Glavine also told The Globe that Loria “wants to get out of” team ownership, as we reported here in December. A Marlins source said he would be shocked if the team isn’t sold. http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article146541209.html#storylink=cpy
April 25, 20179 yr This is the only group currently bidding according to Forbes. Romney/Glavine are out.
April 25, 20179 yr This is the only group currently bidding according to Forbes. Romney/Glavine are out.
April 25, 20179 yr According to Forbes, this group is out Can they challenge the call or did they already use up their challenge on a previous play?
April 25, 20179 yr Can they challenge the call or did they already use up their challenge on a previous play?
April 25, 20179 yr “As with most things published by Forbes regarding the Miami Marlins, this most recent story is also inaccurate,” Samson said. “There are inaccuracies contained in each paragraph. Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/fish-bytes/article146638249.html#storylink=cpy
April 25, 20179 yr Who to believe? Forbes had been right multiple times in these sales talks so far. They were the first to report the team was up for sale IIRC.
April 25, 20179 yr That sucks. A Romney/Glavine group seems interesting. If you believe samson, they may still be in. He claims Forbes fibs.
April 25, 20179 yr Thanks @canada-marlin24 I found it https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-04-25/jeb-bush-derek-jeter-group-said-to-win-auction-for-miami-marlins A group led by former Florida governor Jeb Bush and former New York Yankees captain Derek Jeter have won the auction for the Miami Marlins baseball team, according to a person with knowledge of the deal. The person requested anonymity because the sale contract hasn’t been signed. The person declined to say how much the group paid for the team, which is owned by New York art dealer Jeff Loria. The Marlins declined to comment. Jeter’s agent didn’t immediately return an email request for comment. Other bidders for the club were Quogue Capital LLC founder Wayne Rothbaum, and Solamere Capital co-founder Tagg Romney, whose group included former All-Star pitcher Tom Glavine. Loria bought the team in 2002 for $158 million. The person declined to say how much the group paid for the team owned by New York art dealer Jeff Loria.
April 25, 20179 yr Jeb! loses GOP nomination, gains baseball team. well hey at least it's probably more fun.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.