Marlins Sale Rumors

I'd be pretty shocked if he delays the sale a year and a half to avoid that penalty which is relatively small compared to how much he's gonna sell the team for. That just seems illogical even for Loria. If he really wanted to avoid the penalty he wouldn't have gotten so far into sale talks until 2018. Why start the sale process in the winter of 2016 if you don't plan to sell until the spring of 2018? I don't see the logic there. 

I'd be pretty shocked if he delays the sale a year and a half to avoid that penalty which is relatively small compared to how much he's gonna sell the team for. That just seems illogical even for Loria. If he really wanted to avoid the penalty he wouldn't have gotten so far into sale talks until 2018. Why start the sale process in the winter of 2016 if you don't plan to sell until the spring of 2018? I don't see the logic there. 

Yea, I wasn't sure of the timeline of the penalty... so it extends to 2018? 

The Herald now says the Rothbaum Bush Glavine Stewart Shoneys CEO etc etc group is out because Rothbaum has grown impatient with the process and that both Jeter and Mas have gained more investors and have gained steam. 

We're almost numb to any of this news lately but if the Rothbaum group is out that actually is some significant news there. 

The Herald now says the Rothbaum Bush Glavine Stewart Shoneys CEO etc etc group is out because Rothbaum has grown impatient with the process and that both Jeter and Mas have gained more investors and have gained steam. 

We're almost numb to any of this news lately but if the Rothbaum group is out that actually is some significant news there. 

that's actually some good news since none of us wanted Stewart in there.  Keeping fingers crossed for Mas - or a sudden winning bid from Mark Cuban = )