Jeter's Payroll Trimming Plan? Trade Stanton, Gordon, and Prado

https://t.co/1PAcLUpzpb

Apparently this is the plan for now. They'd prefer to keep mostly everyone else. Does this mean they'll try to contend next season and do a half ass rebuild instead of tearing everything apart? 

Also in that article, though unrelated, Loria turned down the ambassador to France offer for personal reasons. 

I think it's incredibly dumb to keep Ozuna during a rebuild. There's literally no valid reason to do so.

From a winning/fan approval perspective, the only player who really matters is Stanton. Once you unload him after a 59 HR year, you might as well go all the way and unload all of the veterans, especially Ozuna.

I can't do another rebuild.  Stanton goes and I'm gone.  First the Stadium was going to resolve the problems.  Then a new owner was going to be the savior.  Instead we get Loria part 2. I don't see any hope.  

You don't know if this new ownership is Loria part 2 just from a Stanton trade. Maybe these guys actually know how to do a rebuild and they get it right. There's more hope now than there was with Loria. 

You don't know if this new ownership is Loria part 2 just from a Stanton trade. Maybe these guys actually know how to do a rebuild and they get it right. There's more hope now than there was with Loria. 

Does it look like they know what they're doing? What makes you give them the benefit of the doubt. Jeter is a cute little guy, but that doesn't make him fit to own a team. Couple that with the fact that he has no money, and there's really not much hope. 

Does it look like they know what they're doing? What makes you give them the benefit of the doubt. Jeter is a cute little guy, but that doesn't make him fit to own a team. Couple that with the fact that he has no money, and there's really not much hope. 

I have no clue if he knows what he's doing but he's not Jeffrey Loria. By that alone I'll give him a chance. It also means zero to me that he's Derek Jeter. He's just not Jeffrey Loria. He hasn't made a single roster move yet and everyone already swears this is gonna turn out as bad as Loria did things. That's such horrible bullshit thinking right there. 

salary dump,same old Marlins,culture of losing

It's not the same old Marlins. It's a new ownership trying to fix the bullshit left behind by the previous ownership. At least let them try to fix it. And if you think the solution to losing so much money is to spend even more money you're fucking crazy. 

I have no clue if he knows what he's doing but he's not Jeffrey Loria. By that alone I'll give him a chance. It also means zero to me that he's Derek Jeter. He's just not Jeffrey Loria. He hasn't made a single roster move yet and everyone already swears this is gonna turn out as bad as Loria did things. That's such horrible bullshit thinking right there. 

I don't care that it's not Jeffrey Loria. There are quite a lot of incompetent owners in sports, so I don't think it's a stretch to say we might have another one. The new group has been in charge for a month and they've already racked up so many boneheaded  moves it'd give Loria a run for his money.

I don't care that it's not Jeffrey Loria. There are quite a lot of incompetent owners in sports, so I don't think it's a stretch to say we might have another one. The new group has been in charge for a month and they've already racked up so many boneheaded  moves it'd give Loria a run for his money.

A month of Jeter starting to clean up Loria's mess is comparable to 15 years of Jeffrey Loria's shenanigans?