Scott Boras comments on the Marlins, Samson replies

SonOfJack

Boras is the best at what he does.  I love when people hate on him. 

I've said many times, I would hire Boras to represent me 10 times out of 10.

That's fine.  Not hating on him but part of the problem with baseball are the out of control salaries.  Teams shouldn't be forced to trade their best players because of crazy salaries.  We shouldn't have lost Stanton just like the Orioles shouldn't lose Machado, or the Royals shouldn't have to lose their entire core.

This is different from the Marlins troubles as the Marlins are also run like a circus on top of that. It's a baseball problem in general. I guess I'm just old school but it's nice to have generational talents play most of their careers with their original team.  

Boras is the worst from a fans perspective because he won't entertain an extension before reaching FA.  Why make everything a bidding war?  At least try to negotiate in good faith. When it's mainly about getting the max dollar amount it becomes a problem. From a fans perspective anyway.  

That's fine.  Not hating on him but part of the problem with baseball are the out of control salaries.  Teams shouldn't be forced to trade their best players because of crazy salaries.  We shouldn't have lost Stanton just like the Orioles shouldn't lose Machado, or the Royals shouldn't have to lose their entire core.

This is different from the Marlins troubles as the Marlins are also run like a circus on top of that. It's a baseball problem in general. I guess I'm just old school but it's nice to have generational talents play most of their careers with their original team.  

Boras is the worst from a fams perspective because he won't entertain an extension before reaching FA.  Ehy make everything a bidding war?  At leasr try to negotiate in good faith. When it's mainly about getting the max dollar amount it becomes a problem. From a fans perspective anyway.  

Nobody forced the Marlins to give Stanton that contract.

The Boras doesnt do extensions is a load of bullshit.  Fuck he just had Stras sign before he reached free agency.  He was talking to the Nats this week about an extension for Harper.  If a player wants an extension, Boras will get them that extension if the team is open to it.  He just won't allow his client to get taken to the cleaners.

The Orioles are going to lose Machado because of Peter Angelos.  

The Boras hate is hilarious.  He is working to get his client the most money possible, kinda his job.  If the client doesnt want to go somewhere, he wont go there.  It's just that players often want the most money.  Nobody forces these owners to give out these contracts.  I don't see no guns to anyone's head.  

The Boras hate is hilarious.  He is working to get his client the most money possible, kinda his job.  If the client doesnt want to go somewhere, he wont go there.  It's just that players often want the most money.  Nobody forces these owners to give out these contracts.  I don't see no guns to anyone's head.  

I agree. He seems like an asshole but most successful businessmen are assholes.