Ziegler says he won't request a trade

SilverBullet

The nerve of this guy accepting the hand he's been dealt and abiding by the contract he signed and not acting like he deserves more than he has... 

https://www.mlb.com/marlins/news/brad-ziegler-not-asking-for-trade-from-marlins/c-264814028

Also, it is quite laughable that Frisaro has to write an article about a guy NOT requesting a trade. Shows how horrible things have gotten. 

Is there a demand for Ziegler at the moment that I’m unaware of ?

He'd fetch us a nice Michael Hill-special prospect: a guy who throws 100 but hasn't thrown a strike in 2 years, or a guy that throws almost only strikes but can't top 87 mph. Maybe a position player who runs super fast but somehow can't steal bases the few times he's able to get on base?

He'd fetch us a nice Michael Hill-special prospect: a guy who throws 100 but hasn't thrown a strike in 2 years, or a guy that throws almost only strikes but can't top 87 mph. Maybe a position player who runs super fast but somehow can't steal bases the few times he's able to get on base?

With all due respect I think the technical terms for those players are “fireballer”, “crafty lefty”, and “speed demon”

I’m pretty sure there are plenty of teams who wouldn’t mind having Ziegler in their bullpen to be fair.

i'm not sure any team wanting to win this year would want to have him. Everything about him is trending the wrong way. Of course, his delivery lends itself to aging well so definitely a bounce back guy

i'm not sure any team wanting to win this year would want to have him. Everything about him is trending the wrong way. Of course, his delivery lends itself to aging well so definitely a bounce back guy

I disagree. He’s literally had one bad half his whole entire career which was last year when he was pitching through a rib injury. He came back and pitched to a 2 ERA in 18 2nd half innings. He’s a groundball pitcher who basically maintained an elite groundball rate last year despite the struggles. 

Ziegler should be fine. Tazawa, on the other hand, is really bad.

thats all well and good, but he's not a good pitcher regardless. That contract he was given sums up the loria era.  Just a complete lack of knowledge about how to build a team with a limited payroll in today's major leagues.

How is he not a good pitcher? He has a career 2.61 ERA. He’s had an underrated career. It’s far from the worst contract the Marlins have given. Plenty of teams were interested in him last offseason.

How is he not a good pitcher? He has a career 2.61 ERA. He’s had an underrated career. It’s far from the worst contract the Marlins have given. Plenty of teams were interested in him last offseason.

As a small market team, his contract is ludicrous. Relievers are the easiest thing to find in the entire sport, and relievers who pitch to contact are the least valuable thing in the entire sport. 

I disagree. He’s literally had one bad half his whole entire career which was last year when he was pitching through a rib injury. He came back and pitched to a 2 ERA in 18 2nd half innings. He’s a groundball pitcher who basically maintained an elite groundball rate last year despite the struggles. 

Ziegler should be fine. Tazawa, on the other hand, is really bad.

i didn't see his splits good pts

Also, youre using Ziegler's second half splits as if he turned some corner.  He had a good august, admittedly, where he didnt allow a run in 13 innings, but went right back to what he was the rest of the year in september when he gave up 4 ER and 5 R total in 5 IP.  he's not a good pitcher.  Im not really sure why we're considering him as our closer, not that it matters anyways.  Unless its for trade value purposes, Barraclough, Steckenrider, and Wittgren should all be closing options before him.

Also, youre using Ziegler's second half splits as if he turned some corner.  He had a good august, admittedly, where he didnt allow a run in 13 innings, but went right back to what he was the rest of the year in september when he gave up 4 ER and 5 R total in 5 IP.  he's not a good pitcher.  Im not really sure why we're considering him as our closer, not that it matters anyways.  Unless its for trade value purposes, Barraclough, Steckenrider, and Wittgren should all be closing options before him.

Ok. For someone who’s “not a good pitcher,” he’s had a nice career.

Ok. For someone who’s “not a good pitcher,” he’s had a nice career.

he's now 38 coming off a god awful year.  Im sure he could rehab his value, but as a reliever who pitches to contact at 38 years old, last years terrible year should have come as no surprise to anyone.

he's now 38 coming off a god awful year.  Im sure he could rehab his value, but as a reliever who pitches to contact at 38 years old, last years terrible year should have come as no surprise to anyone.

He was pitching hurt though according to him. Also, you keep saying that he pitches to contact, but that’s not a bad thing considering the contact he’s given up in his career. Being an extreme groundball guy is not a bad thing.